Recent content by Malnedra

1. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Nice work Mat,  and thank you.  I was getting tired of working on zelig's defunct version.  If there's anything I can do to help  just ask..

Mal
  2. [S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

be my guest...  send me what you have when your done
  3. [S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

That all sounds great but its all cosmetic.... give me some attributes, weapons, etc  and I can add them in...

also Aiel wise ones do not fight...the only instance was the rebel group that did not follow Rand and look liberties with tradition...
  4. [S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

Caba`drin said:
    Back on topic, I hope to see further work developing the mod. I'm glad to see that there are folk still tinkering with it and moving it slowly forward.

Im not sure what else I can do at this point so any idea's would be nice.  I have done a few things that have not been released...

Added friendly fire for magic.
    Lowered the power of magic some.
    Added ship battles...not sure why  but it was something to do...

I could use some testing help on NPC faction wars.... I have yet to see then attack each other..
    I'll release what I have now.
  5. [S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

King Ragnarok said:
    why not summon stuff, theres magic in the mod isnt there?

For the same reason there are no spacemen and laser guns.....it's not part of the story.
  6. [S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

Yes this is for warband...  as for summoning minions?  no... it wasn't part of the wheel of time world...
  7. Scene building???

I was more thinking about using 3ds Max or something and not the extremely painful in-game editor.
  8. Recruiting two diferent troops in the same village

Sir Morius said:
    It's possible to someone get the code for me? Many thanks.
    Then it really wouldn't be your mod....
  9. [S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

I've been working on this mod for a good while. I have sent the updates to Zelig but he has not posted them. He is in school and doesn't have the time to work on it. So far I have added:

WOT map with fairly accurate town/village placement. Bridges need some work.
    15 factions-- 1 for each political area with Seanchan in control of Falma, Aiel in the Three Fold Land.
    Trollocs and Myrddrall bandits with graphics... had some face issues but they are ugly monsters so.. :grin:
    Aiel with graphics made by Zelig.... They seem to bulky to me but oh well.... rest of added factions have basically native troop types with name changes.
    Recruit troops from towns and castles as well as villages.
    Added the proper kings and queens. Not sure how that will effect the whole family process at this time...
    Had to add 300+ banners. Most are just native duplicates.

At this time, magic system is extremely powerful. Without knowing how Zelig is going to develop the magic or ever work on it again, there's not much more I can do besides add eye candy of which I'm not going to do unless Zelig is able to work on this more or someone else can help.

This being said. I'll try to fix or add anything people ask for outside that...

version 0.6 beta
    -fixed start up mission issues. Tar Valon with instant start to map.
    Version 0.7 beta
    - Toned down the magic some.
    - Named some of the villages that had none.
    - Renamed some of the castles.
    - Hopefully fixed a bug that will let factions attack each other... not sure its working yet.
    - Fixed a few map issues.
    - Aiel and trolloc graphics are not by Zelig.. not sure who but i found the same textures in other mods.
  10. SP Tutorial Module System Creating a faction.

Well so far it hasn't helped
  11. SP Tutorial Module System Creating a faction.

Egbert said:
    I just came across a part that can cause bugs if you have more than ten factions. These slot ranges are used for starting wars between factions. If you have more than 10 factions you will need to space these farther apart to make room.
    module_constants.py said:
    slot_faction_truce_days_with_factions_begin               = 120
    slot_faction_provocation_days_with_factions_begin         = 130
    slot_faction_war_damage_inflicted_on_factions_begin   = 140
    slot_faction_sum_advice_about_factions_begin           = 150

Thanks a ton on this bit of info.... I have 15 Factions and have been searching for the cause of this... On to testing again :smile:
  12. Starting with a blank map??

shogyn, You really need to understand the difference between the map an the rest of the game...  That means getting the native scripts and understanding how they work..  I understand how you would think to add one thing at a time, but that "one thing" is "all the towns"  not just one...  you can add one town with about the same code of adding 10,000 towns....

So to your question, yes it can be done but there is no reason to, because the code is the same for 1 town or 10k towns... so why would you?
  13. Scene building???

Is there no way to create a scene besides the in-game editor? 
Back
Top Bottom