Recent content by Magnificent_Bast

1. SP - Battles & Sieges Sieges and the problems with it.

This is the main reason I’m not able to start my kingdom with my 110 man warband. I can’t build siege equipment before reinforcements get there and I can’t win 3-1 odds. Also, I hadn’t figured out how to cheese the siege mechanics like you guys have ?. I’ll give some of your tips a go. I think I save-scummed a siege somewhere in this play through...
    I think the AI would be downright stupid if it did not prevent you from sieging their castles with 100 men they can easily chase off.

On the whole though, I do agree that sieges need tweaks - my main gripe is with siege towers, as the AI doesn't know how to use them properly - instead of waiting until a solid group of men is at the top before opening them, they open them as soon as they are on top and get flooded with defenders rushing the tower.
  2. SP - General Additional Mail System!

I think the amount of notifications/messages should be expanded, at the moment you only get those important popups for armies and fiefs/law decisions, but those notifications that you can tag as "important" for yourself should come up on the right as well.
  3. SP - General LOGISTICS ,SUPPLY LINES and WARFARE (how to balance the "snowball" effect)

I think a simpler fix would be to limit the amount of gold any one army can spend while they are active, to limit their supplies. I think cohesion was added to prevent armies from permanently running around in the field, but food supplies should be a limiting factor as well. You can load up before the campaign to supply your fellow lords to sustain them for longer (and to farm influence) but limiting supplies would encourage more looting as well, creating more raiding and skirmishing wars as opposed to those overwhelming steamrolls we have now.
  4. SP - General SUGGESTION LIST

33 - Make spears more usable with a shield/make AI use spears when in second rank: as far as I noticed, spears are underutilized by infantry and play bit odd when combined with a shield, as you should be able to keep the shield up in a block while still stabbing with a spear for reach (that's what it was designed for historically!). In combat you have to expose yourself and reach out with the spear, completely negating the reach advantage it gives you and the fact that you should be able to thrust from behind it. I saw some information on formations, but when a shield wall is ordered, troops should take advantage of the above and use polearms while having shields at front, that would increase their odds against larger enemy groups and cavalry.
    Right now it all feels like it boils down to who has more troops and/or cavalry.
Back
Top Bottom