Recent content by Mad Larkin

1. United States Marine Corps

You guys don't have stormtroopers?
    Not in the straight-backed white-plastic-armor sense, no. :lol:
  2. United States Marine Corps

...except certain branches which breeds expendable units
    Err... what?
    Care to elaborate? I think none of the forces currently trained (at least in finland) can be considered "Expendable"
    Even the most basic infantry training over here breeds well-trained heavy infantry.
    Or i might just be dumb and smothered in propaganda :lol:

And for more ego-stroking, i'm on my way to become a "sissi" NCO. It translates to something like a guerilla.
    The training is interesting to say the least, but the overnight excersises are killing me. A fighting retreat at night is especially nice.
    Imagine waking up at 2.30, having to pull on your pants/boots while bursting the **** out of the tent carrying your gear/all the clothing you didn't have time to dress, start running/skiing hell for leather in pitch darkness carrying all of your gear PLUS the goddamn tent. Either that or get into your foxhole and start covering the guys who get the tent/other stuff moving.
    Thankfully we've only practiced that once. :grin:
  3. Wahhey!!!

Alcohol= The win.

Keep away from the 96% apothecary spirit though.
    It tastes like the fiery remains of a thousand daemons and kills your throat DEAD.
  4. Lots of Finns...

Us Finns can appreciate good games.
    Plus it's so bloody boring in wintertime we don't have anything else to do than foul up forums.
  5. Sid Meier's Mount and Blade: Mount the horse!

Interesting idea, to say the least.
    Armagan, Ipek and Sid Meier could make one hell of a game :grin:
    But it would be prone to the dangers of all the "big company" games.
    Over-hyping, rushjobs, dumbing down for multi-platforming, Armagan and ipek growing frustrated of the whole project... all these.

I don't know. Really. It would either end up as "teh best gaem evar" or just a run-of-the-mill combat game.
  6. United States Marine Corps

sheek said:
    Mad Larkin said:
    I've been two weeks in the Finnish Defence Forces now. :???:

Who are you defending against? The only border I can see you having problems with is Russia. And in that case defending against vodka, drugs and people traffickers. Or is it taken more seriously than that? :?:
    For what i gather it is most of all a deterrent force. Invading a country where almost every adult male has a place in the army is not an pleasant job.

Finland has no real capability to fight (let alone win) a large scale war... but a reserve army saved our collective asses twice the last century, so i guess they have a point.

kelpo said:
    Thanks to the sensible officers of the finnish air force, we (almost) never had to wake up before 6.00 save for the last 6 months as a squad leader, when the wake up was (officially) at 5.45, but since the actual wake up calls were made with the respectful voice of a meek manservant, it wasn't quite as bad.
    Air force? Were you a pilot, mechanic or what?
    I tried for the pilot training but i flunked the physical tests :lol:

edit: god damnit i can't use bbcode
  7. United States Marine Corps

Kelpo said:
    Mad Larkin said:
    The discipline is not so strict as in the other companies
    And yet you're

Mad Larkin said:
    waking up at 5.30
    It's tough to serve in the infantry, it appears.
    Never said recon wasn't tough, it's just things are done in a laid-back manner. As long as things work, **** doesn't start flying. :razz:

Worbah said:
    Mad Larkin said:
    To worbah and lost-lamb, just hope you end up in Kainuu Brigade, Recon Company.

That's where I requested. :smile:
    Holy crap. Welcome!

Protip for all army-goers: Never, ever fall asleep in formation. It brings trouble.
  8. The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

This mod is all kinds of fun. I'm getting good vibes as an Rohirrim :grin:

One thing though: What happened to all the other "special" horse types?
    I have seen only the "heavy" variant up to now. Is this a intended thing or just a weird glitch?
  9. United States Marine Corps

I've been two weeks in the Finnish Defence Forces now. :???:
    I'm just about to head back from my first leave and i'm falling apart so fast people get hit by shrapnel. God damn waking up at 5.30 is pissing me off.

I discovered M&B again earlier today, what with all the new upgrades and mods. Why don't i have a laptop? :sad:

To worbah and lost-lamb, just hope you end up in Kainuu Brigade, Recon Company. The discipline is not so strict as in the other companies, and i guarantee you'll get lots of healthy exersise.
    If things go as i think they will, I will be an under-sergeant by then...
    :twisted:

TIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDUSTELUKOMPPANIASSA HEEEEERÄTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS! OOOOOOOOOOVET AAAUKIII! VAAAAAALOT PÄÄÄÄÄÄLLLEEEEEE!

Aargh, i say.

edit: oh, right. that weird moon language caps thing is what we get shouted as an wake-up call. "Recon company, wake up! Lights on! Doors open!"
  10. A few small changes

Chariots aren't a far stretch. Think the british light chariots from RTW. Two men, a driver and a bowman :grin:
    Siege weapons? In the current version (without sieges and whatnot) the only
    thing i see is the roman-style small ballistae (or damn huge crossbow)
    I think they were called scorpions or somesuch, and were operated by two men.
  11. Shield Effects

SPARTAN: TOTAL WARRIOR?????
    Jesus H Christ!
    Isn't there a SINGLE PC GAME that hasn't been raped into a crappy console series?
    When i cooled down, i thought "Hey, spartans! Maybe we'll see some gruesome phalanx warfare!"
    But here the spartans are some kind of super-ninjas who fight romans
    Romans, bigods! At least they could have made Persians be the "bad guys". At least that would have made sense.
    *grumble*[/b]
  12. Storage/garrison

Yup, this would be good. Maybe just a option to garrison troops/Stash items at a town.

...or make possible to build your own fort.
    This would lead to supply arrangements, more followers, small sieges and all things irritating and exhilarating :razz:
  13. Sinistrality, Resolution, and Cursor Boundaries

Lothar:
    Actually the celtic and germanic women regularly followed men to the battlefield. It has been said that a barbarian warrior would rather face certain death than the scorn of his wife :grin:

Remember, women can be as vicious fighters as men. I for one know several ladies who have a mean streak a mile wide :wink:

But then again i live in Finland.
  14. Subtitle Contest

Don't drink and ride

1001 uses for duct tape
  15. Is this a bug??

Yeaaah! Skeet Skeet!
Back
Top Bottom