Recent content by Lornsteyn

1. Lornsteyn

This game sucks

The reviews are baffling.
    Probably mostly newbies which never played something like Warband/Bannerlord, so not dishonest just naive.
    And too many people are forgiving bad gamedesign, Bugs and other stuff too fast, thats why many games with potential are garbage nowadays.

My review was good until today, but the not so "full release" and the recent update made me change my mind.
    I will check on this game mid next year again, maybe we have a finished and really playable game then.
  2. Lornsteyn

Patch Notes v1.0.1

Has this fixed the consistent crashing every 1-3 games?
    No, they just reduced the player count.
  3. Lornsteyn

THIS GAME Bannerlord IS STILL ALPHA!

Honestly Bannerlord already surpassed Warband. The 1.8 update was good and I hope the devs have laid the foundation with it too implent more stuff faster now.
    Im of course still worried like many about the release anouncement, since you still cant destroy a faction and all born characters are still clones which makes lategame unplayable in my opinion, thats something I really hope is fixed (it really should) until release.
    Hopefully the fears many have are not grounded and the devs surprise us, but the few month between 1.8 and full release are worrying if we think about the overall developement time this game got and the still missing stuff.
    We just have to wait for the full release.
  4. Lornsteyn

Defeated factions keeps declearing war and raiding my fiefs...

Faction destruction is something we should expect in October on full release.
    I had this problem, too. Remnants of a defeated faction raided my villages in their former territory, very annoying.
  5. Lornsteyn

What is annoying in Bannerlord in july 2022?

Rebels don't count ? Duh!!!!
    Yes, because they already get executed.^^
  6. Lornsteyn

Once they have no Cities of castles they should automatically look to another faction to join or have there chance of death in battle vastly increased. Or maybe once they put in a dungeon they stay there.
    Yes the vasall clans, but the ruling clan (which in my case had 5-8 Lords or Ladys) stays and hires mercs and is harassing former faction land forever.
    I was Battania and Lord of Omor and Balgard, between these two and Sibir, they always seem to hang out (Sturgia remnants), and they plunder my villages with 10-20 men. I didnt want to execute all because that ruins relations even in my faction.
    So destroying faction + message like in good old warband should be there. I mean there is already a mod for that, but this is pretty basic stuff which should be there by default.
  7. Lornsteyn

- *Kingdoms can't be destroyed*, this should be simple to make, after half year/one year, the kingdom should be destroyed.
    The leader faction is hiring mercenaries and act like thugs, not very noble and are a real plague.

- *Few orders for companion parties*, we need more orders like patrolling around set city or castle, especially to deal with the problem above.

- *Few executions*, Lords and Ladys should be able to execute other Lords and Ladys (Rebels dont count), but only under certain circumstances. I tried the execution mod and thats probably too much execution.

- *AI decisions*, I find with 1.8 the Ai already got better, but there is still way for improvement.
    Armies still act often not smart and misses chances or ruins them. Breaking a siege to help somewhere far away, even if this castle garrison was just 50 people.

- *Children bug*, most if not all childrens are clones and this is still not fixed since years.

- *The character editor*, is in dire need for more love/options, many look the same without being siblings.

I do not want whine too much, 1.8 is a great update and good step in the right direction, but honestly the children bug is killing the game for me always.
    At the time when my first character dies and I move on to the next generation the world is filled with lots of clones, and thats very immersion breaking and not really fun.
  8. Lornsteyn

High death counts makes me lose heart

I suggest children should count as adult with 16, would make sense and probably helps a bit.
    Personally I cant say many die out, at least not for my kingdom and the enemies.
    Im 30 years (around 3600 days) in my current game and many are still rocking or their children already took over.
  9. Lornsteyn

Heores death, why always ME?

Sounds like bad luck, Im 30 years into the game, they lead formations and all surived so far even auto resolve.
    Only one who died was a family companion while leading a caravan which got attacked by bandits.
    He was 19 and had low skills, but the armor was good.
  10. Lornsteyn

we want FIRE & SWORD 2

Fire and Sword was really nice, give me a Saber and two flintlock pistols and everything is fine.
    Enemy was always surprised when I draw the second (in MP).^^
    Hopefully there will be Fire and Sword 2, I doubt it, but it would be cool.
  11. Lornsteyn

Campaign Question

So I gave the Dragonbanner to the Western Empire and after the conspiracy got full three Kingdoms declared war. My question: What happens if they win? Can I retake the Dragonbanner, does the game end or can I join other kingdoms like in Sandbox? Because the Western Empire will fall, its just a...
  12. Lornsteyn

Current state of game enforces unfun gameplay.

Regarding shields, maybe make it so if you block in the wrong direction it suffers additional damage? Whereas if you block in the right direction of the incoming blow, it's smaller - or even negated?
    This is a really interesting idea.

@Smug_Alpaca
    but to turtle behind a shield for over a minute of slapping against it means there is probably some balance in orders.
    You are not supposed to turtle around and smash your enemies shield until it breaks, I mean yes you can do that, but timing is also important.
    Also a minute is not really long, it really sounds you want an opportunity to just onehit someone and move to the next target.
    And I am dismissing your statement, not cheaply, because you come across as COMPLETELY ignorant of the combat system or the mechanics of the game. That's not a personal slight, but me telling you that your opinions and viewpoints on it may not be relevant.
    Well thats your opinion, but if you really dont see my viewpoint as relevant, then please ignore my posts entirely.
    Still I completly disagree with your stance on this matter, but it would be pointless, if we discuss any further.
    This would help us both, thanks.
  13. Lornsteyn

how do u guys feel about warband dying and bannerlord being a tragic mess

The Bannerlord singleplayer is already enjoyable and gets even better until release.
    The multiplayer is currently a different case, Im worried about.
    But even if warband and bannerlord mp die for whatever reason, we have still a great singleplayer game and thats why I bought it in the first place.
  14. Lornsteyn

Did anyone else uninstall Warband on release of Bannerlord?

Of course not.
    Also Warband has Napoleonic Wars, uninstall was never an option.
  15. Lornsteyn

Current state of game enforces unfun gameplay.

@Smug_Alpaca

I disagree with all you wrote.
    My experience with the combat system is here not the point and its not your concern either, cheap try to dismiss my statement.
    2h spam is not a thing, and block delay currently makes 2h more difficult to handle. Also, dueling is an important aspect in providing depth to the combat system in the game. Dueling is currently skill capped by the restrictions of the combat system, but it is definitely NOT a brainless simulator.
    The 2h spam is there thats a fact, and most of them swing their weapon mindless around until they hit something, they prove it every match.
    Maybe you are one of them, who knows.
    Most of them arent that good, If you block them once you can kill them easy, they just hope to make a lucky kill.
    But, I saw today more archers than usual, so probably more peope are annoyed by it.
    People don't like shields right now because they take a ridiculously long time to break, and it promotes turtling or 1 dimensional hit block game play, which many people find to be unfun.
    Well I doubt all players share this view.
    In my opinion they even break too fast, so they are probably fine as they are hm?
    Archers should be a bit more inaccurate, because in their current state they deal incredible amounts of damage, have a very fast draw, and have an incredibly long hold time before they lose accuracy.
    In comparison with Warband the archers are already a bit nerfed and bows really dont draw fast, the strong bow always needs some time.
    Serious, bows were faster and more accurate in Warband.
    But do you know what really helps against archers...a shield.
Back
Top Bottom