Recent content by Lizard_man

1. Lizard_man

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Ringwraith #5 said:
    I'm pretty sure he's interested in a more specific answer than that.

I can't imagen your typical console player would be that interested with the combat style that M&B has to offer, or the campaign map. To reach a wider audience, it would have to cater to there needs. I can't imagen they'd enjoy a text based chat system, which gives the game charm, and hopefully in Bannerlord, depth. We'd end up with a crappy console interface, and lower resolution graphics (further down the line, before the next console comes out), as MadocComadrin mentioned. If you're looking to branch out to consoles, why do it for a small fan base, mainstream is where the money's at.

I just don't think that this is a console game, don't you agree?

Banjonaut said:
    People seem to be avoiding the question and just saying 'b-but consoles'
    It's not like they could make it look much worse for consoles, the control scheme could work for consoles though I wouldn't like it
    Performance wouldn't suffer, I doubt they'd make gameplay suffer, and they'd still most likely develop it on PC and port to consoles

It's irrelevant anyway, consoles probably wont see Mount and Blade for a long time, if ever

If you're making more money with a console player base, you'd make the game for them, then port to PC, not the other way round. If they're currently working on a console version of the game, they'll probably hold the PC version back, and release them simultaneously.
  2. Lizard_man

kabogh said:
    I'm sincerely sorry if I sound dumb, but what kind of design decision do you think can happen that may severely alter pc gameplay negatively?

It's simple. I can't see the average console player been interested in such a game, and if they wanted to cater to wider audience of console gamers, the PC version would suffer.
  3. Lizard_man

kabogh said:
    I don't think you will hate it if it's also on console because you'll definitely never play it on a console.

It's not that. It would surely have an effect on some design decisions, and the direction of the game, if not now, then in the future. Concentrate on the PC version, then port to console. I have nothing against that. Holding back the game so the release coincides with the console version is also another issue. I need my fix!
  4. Lizard_man

If they're already considering this, if not already developing for console, then it's gonna have an effect on the PC version. I have no doubt that they'll make a great game, but with consoles in mind, I think it'll be that much less sweeter.

It's come to a point, where I really hate the majority of games on the market, and I pretty much play CK II and nothing else. I've been waiting for this game for a long time, as everyone else, and if they sell us out for consoles, I'll be ****ing livid. This is the point where a vision, and a great game, becomes more about the money, and profit. I really hope the series doesn't take this route, console players have plenty of great games, I'd say leave this one to the PC gamers.
  5. Lizard_man

Whilst music adds to the game, and the effort put in is appreciated, I couldn't care less about the music at this point. I was hoping for another video, actual gameplay, or character creation, something to make me **** myself with excitement.

Just another 3 months or so, and we may get to see something.
  6. Lizard_man

Hasn't been a great year for games (my own opinion), and I doubt I'll be grabbing the new DLC.

Hopefully the wait for Bannerlord will pass in no time. Looking forward to slaughtering some farmers.

7. Lizard_man

Thought I'd pop in and see what's happening, any news on the game?
  8. Lizard_man

Thane Delphi said:
    It doesn't take a lot to whip fans into a frenzy.

Away with you, vile beggar...
  9. Lizard_man

Looking for a more immersive and deeper single player experience myself... :razz:
  10. Lizard_man

Looks great, was worth the wait... :smile:
  11. Lizard_man

**** yeah! Those screenshots, arrrgghhhhh!

I feel like punching someone... :mad: (That's a good thing)
  12. Lizard_man

2mnoewk.gif
  13. Lizard_man

It's funnier to make him miss... :razz:
  14. Lizard_man

Styo said:
    Esp after Rome 2.

Rome 2 was a complete fail... I need my fix of Mount & Blade...  :cool:
Back