Recent content by Lif

1. Dev Blog 21/09/17

Galatonix said:
    Some thing every on wants in Bannerlord is when you play  warband if you took your wive into battle and lost, she would get bugged  and respawn at the castle mad at you and you cant interact with her any more(for the rest of the game) , please fix this in Bannerlord would love to have her as my shield maiden in my party and not have to wary about getting beaten in battle .

A woman being mad at you, therefore not talking to you anymore and making the rest of your life hell does not really sound like a bug to me.
    I always loved Warband for its realism!
  2. Large scale multiplayer battles 1v1

This would be really great.
    It would have this great Total War feeling, but better, because we would have to give orders with the limited knowledge and vision due to actually being "on the field" instead of being a allpowerfull eye in the sky (like in Total War).  Large Scale 1v1 MP Battles in 1st Person Perspective could be groundbreaking and draw lots of new players to Bannerlord, as I don't think that any game has done that before. Would also have great potential, as it
    - enables players to have meaningfull large-scale battles as a general vs other players' tactics and not the limited AI
    - enables players to play even if there are not that many people online, thus adding longlivity to the game for years to come
    - enables to play "just" with friends, substituting in part the much requested coop feature
    - would be the first of it's kind on the market, granting TW a big market share and great PR

Maybe each player gets a certain amount of gold in the army selection screen and could then buy the army he desires, like it works in Total War MP?
  3. Dev Blog 07/09/17

@Callum
    Dear Callum/TW PR-Team
    I logged back in after at least 2 years of absence from this forum, just to tell you this. So I hope you will read it.

I like the idea of weekly blog posts, but why keep them so short? The Interview with the Lead Programmer offered the chance to show a crazy interesting blog post. I really liked her describing the Recruitment-Process, it sounds great and way better than Warbands.

But why not give more information like this?
    For example: "What are you currently working on" => "I work on Quests" is really unsatisfactory.
    Could you not have her describe one or two quests she is working on in a bit of detail? Like "Last week I worked on a quest how to kidnap a mayors daughter, and the challenge was that this has X consequences with Y characters, so the player has to think about Z and there are W strategies how to do this ect."

I know writing those "dev-diaries" takes up quite a lot of your valuable time, but if you allow me to hint towards the dev-diaries of "Hearts of Iron IV" from Paradox Interactive, those where ****ing brilliant. Check them out, they were amazing at keeping peoples interest up and create hype prior to release.

At least pick more questions from the community that are answered in the way Berat answered the Troop-Upgrades. Maybe like 3-5 Questions. The rest (job title, where they grew up, education) is really not that interesting.
    Also possible would be a deeper look into the day-to-day work you guys do. So we get a basic understanding how the industry works and how your jobs really work.

"I work on quests" is really not that informative. More interesting would be "Well I work on quests, and the challenge is to tell the programm how the environmental circumstances must be to chose the right pre-defined quest. And we manage this by telling the programm about the conditions ect blabla, for example if we have conditions ABC, there are the quests XYZ that would fit, but we want the programm to evaluate those correctly so it offers the player only quest Y".

If you need help, just message me, I'm looking for a job anyway  :fruity:
  4. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

biomag said:
    Are you sure your head was completely covered by the shield? What can be seen can be hit.

Well there are two factors that could nourish doubts:
    1) The covering speed. The shield was up, but maybe I got hit before the PC recognized it. But I think I pressed the button several seconds before the impact, so that chance is very very small.
    2) The covering range. In Native, shields have an "aura" that attracts arrows. It normally suffices if you have the shield "up" without actually covering your whole head to protect yourself against headshots. Is it different in ACOK? I saw it from 3rd person, so maybe my head was not completely covered.
    Would be awesome if this was a feature and not a bug. These invisible borders annoyed me anyways.
    Although they compensate the poor figthing AI a bit.
  5. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

BUGREPORT:

I had a Reinforced Wooden Shield and Shildskill 1
    When I entered Kings Landing, I got attacked by some robbers (this random event that sometimes occurs).
    Although I had the shield raised, I got a headshot by an archer directly from the front.
    Shieldstats say it has Size 79, so that should be big enough to cover me.

Maybe it has a wrong collision control?

Great mod btw, I hope my new RAM arrives soon so I can play it properly.
  6. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

the only thing more annoying in a forum than people incapable of checking the release date themselves ("has the mod been released yet"-questions) are people answering and making a big messy debate about how annoying the first group of people is. Like this (my) stupid post right here. Just don't answer them if it annoys you, or else answer it and then stop this OT talk, please!

7. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

I read a lot stuff about "good" companions (if there will be any implemented at all). But not everyone wants to play as one of the boring human-lets-hop-together-over-flowered-fields-pussies. Some love fire, iron and bloodshed in this game, and if there are companions, there should also be some evil ones. Which is hard, since there are nearly no orcish "heroes" known by name and fitting as companions. But I'm sure Jarv and his team will work something out in the proper time. A mod without companions would be interesting too, as it takes from you their imba goodly powers like jesus-like-healing and travelspeed like The Flash...
  8. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

NoobLord said:
    ^Agree. We'll need a minimap. Is that possible?

I hate that feature. It blocks part of my view and takes the feeling of "realism" away from the gameplay.
    just fyi
  9. Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Pirilampo said:
    hi guys, I am new here, i have one question about the game, training troops is just a lot harder than i think, so I just recruit young nobles from the Irish factions, can someone give me some tips of how recruit and train good troops? the trainer npc from your castle did work? I am using version 1.396. thank!

It indeed IS harder to train. A lot!
    So I just cheat me some companions as lvl 10 trainer. About 2-3 should be enough to train you a few men every day. That makes it fairer, for the AI-lords just get their high level troops out of nowhere.
    also the trainer in the castle does NOT work as far as I know.
    good luck!
  10. When/How do I get promoted?

Fear not, for I have the answer :smile:

I importet a character and joined a lords army. Had this Exp. N/A thingy as well. Got promoted after 24 days of service, 2 battles and I killed 1 guy. Now I have a proper XP-interface.

Everything is OK
  11. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

How about some fix locations that you would be able to explore?
    Like a trolls cave, Some ruins (e.g. that watchtower where Frodo gets stabbed) ect.

They have that in Brytenwalda and it's fun to explore them, kill all enemies there (which is hard, because you are alone) and find items there or free slaves.

You could put that into some quest lines or put those special magic weapons there people talked about 50 pages ago.
  12. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Metalfist said:
    However the Lord minus relations is quite a good idea. Taking his recruits to be your own would probably piss off any Lord  :razz: (Perhaps if you meet a lord who's fiefdom you have recruited from could say something like "I hear you have been recruiting men from my fiefs, too scared to hide behind your own are you?" or something  :smile:)
    So yea I think persuasion skill should be a factor in recruitment. Perhaps the more persuasion skill a character has the less money you pay your party? Since you would always be looking for ways to save money as a Captain of a party it makes sense.

What I do like is the witty comment of the lords you took troops from. But I think it's a bad idea to link that to a relations-hit with that lord.
    Good Luck with raising armies without getting the sworn-in enemy of your own side when you get a relations-hit every time you recruit some troops. Not everybody starts as a noble and gets an instant-fief. Try working your way up to the top when all your lords hate you... I could imagine that you cannot recruit from villages to whose lord your relationship is less then -10 or something, because he FORBIDS his peasents to join you. Or help you.

For your "persuasion means less pay for soldiers"-idea: there IS already such a feature in Native. For every point in LEADERSHIP, you pay 5% less to your troops. Which is, in my opinion, more logical than linking it to the persuasion skill. Because men follow leaders and heros into death, not philosophers with perfect logic :wink:

At second reading this sounds rather aggressive. I didn't mean to offend you, so no bad feelings, eh :smile:
  13. SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

fuzzyballs said:
    I have another question
    the thing that bothered me in every other mod I ever played, is that archers don't have a skirmish AI
    so would it be possible to code in that archers holding position would back away from enemy units if they come too close, and when the enemy is dead, they move rejoin the line of whatever formation you put them in?

and if  you get knocked out, do your allies just charge, or do you take command of a friendly unit? and will there be unit, allied, and enemy unit counters in the bottom left, because I don't like seeing which unit killed which taking up the left of my screen, but it's managable if the font isn't too big
    :arrow:As to formations and skirmishing and that stuff, I STRONGLY recommend a look on the Brytenwalda mod. They did really great work there. Maybe they even give you the code-lines if you give them credit, my dear modding team!

fuzzyballs said:
    and another question, will gameplay be the same, or will it be difficult at first, like in prophesy of pendor?
    I would prefer the latter, but hey, you are my overlords until this is finished, all hail the mod team!

Here too I would prefer the Brytenwalda/PoP way. Were it is very hard to get started at the beginning. In Brytenwalda, good weapons and armor is also very expensive. Jarvis said in an interview that he wants to make horses very expensive, and I think that should be the same for arms and armor. Because they actually were pretty costly, and then you really get the feeling of being someone important if you finally have a sword and not a fork anymore :smile:
  14. Are friendly AI lords supposed to be able to take trrops from your castle?

Just fyi, as i said in the other thread: It also happens with a marshall that actually DOES HAVE fiefs. Mine had a castle AND the respective village and took my 300 high level troops anyway. Leaving behind only 119 archers oO
    Will have to move my lair, but that kinda sucks, because I can't go campaigning in peace because with all my good men in the lair, my castles are not well defended...

:arrow: If somebody knows how to fix this (maybe its just a small .txt change, since this "feature" only occurs in Brytenwalda?), please POST IT HERE!

Thanks
  15. Marshall steals my troops!

Lobo_loco said:
    In fact, there is another thread already here, with the same topic.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,253508.0.html

awesome. thx. didn't find it. can somebody close this thread here?
Back
Top Bottom