Recent content by Lavalya

1. Lavalya

Screenshots

William Wilkins said:
    Bobocrunch said:
    These screenshots are amazing, but I have a question, this probably isn't the right place, but I really need help. I downloaded Floris from 3 out of the what, 5 mirrors? Each one of them keep doing the same thing, they do the little...I'm not sure, but where I have to confirm 'Opening' it, and then it does nothing, nothing for the setup. It shows up in the 'Processes' part of the task manager, but I don't see anything.
    It could be your antivirus, Norton for example tends you screw up downloads, which you have to do all over again =s
    This is quite true, antiviruses are known to block installers like these occasionally (if they have a firewall). I had the same problem though for a different reason. I had to go to task manager and end  all the old ones and randomly one popped up when I clicked activate on the second last one if I recall correctly.
  2. Lavalya

Wacky trees and backgrounds using DirectX7

tdk said:
    I recently downloaded the latest mod, hadnt played version prior to it. I get these weird trees too. Sometimes you see faint white lines too. Could it be a graphics card issue? I am using an amd card. And playing the game on dx9 is near unplayable. I am at 10fps at dx9, with dx7, i have 60fps. Thats a really big difference.

Reverting to native tree textures would be the quickest fix but I dont know if that's comming soon. Since 2.6 is still a while into the future, I hope wingcutangel decides to make this fix. :smile:
  3. Lavalya

wingcutangel said:
    They do take them from other items..... I noticed the problem is also present in 2.5, can anyone tell me if it was there before that? The only consolation I can give you is that the next patch should bring performance with dx9 to a much nicer level and maybe make it playable for more people. Till then I'll try to pinpoint the issue, no promises though.
    No, for me this is exclusive to 2.5+
  4. Lavalya

Some quick textures, far from all I know.
    There are ALOT of weapon textures that dont work, and they all apear golden like the third picture if you look at my avatar.

The double picture is to illustrate how missing weapon textures jump seemingly taking their textures from other items.
  5. Lavalya

Vengefully said:
    Lavalya, then please get us some pics and info on what textures are not working for you. Chances are they don't work for me too, I just haven't seen them yet.

It's the whole purpose of this thread :wink:
    I can't play much during weekdays, but my weekends are free. :smile:
    I'll try get some now.
  6. Lavalya

Vengefully said:
    wingcutangel said:
    I'll look into it as soon as I get back from work. It would really help if you could find a non-battle scene with those trees so I can pinpoint the exact tree model.
    As far as performance goes the next version of Floris should improve things quite a bit.
    Absolutely, I can do that. The village of Yaragal, near Uxkhal, for instance has these.

KcOam.jpg
    NuES9.jpg

If you need any more information, just let me know.

Its not just this model, Its also different ones in the arena as well as ALOT of weapon textures. (atleast 25%)
    Dx7 is the problem for me, if I play dx9 everything is fine, I even lag less go figure. (High end pc, shouldn't be lagging at all! :p)
  7. Lavalya

I'm just saying, a couple textures dont hurt as long as theyre not super hi res. :razz:
  8. Lavalya

The graphic enhancements make the game really good looking, trust me. Gameplay has more textures anyway since there are more swords, do you call those textures graphic enhancements too? Then the basic items were probably remodeled too because most are pretty hidious and wont fit with the new ones, but I hardly call that a graphics enhancement, not even optimization.
  9. Lavalya

Tournaments in 2.5

krnja21 said:
    I, one the other hand only get the Heraldic Mail and Plate, reinforced or sturdy, nothing else, and i mean nothing! Won like 15 tournaments so far and still its only that armor  :???: 
    I got 2 Dragon greaves for companion winning third place and that's it.
    Am i doing something wrong?
    I'm level 37, turned on the renown and level scaling, playing on random team, bid set to 5, cash to 200. Does choosing your weapons affect rewards? I've set it up to always start with sword and shield, enhanced armor and weapon, no horse...
    Yeah theres a typo or bug in there not sure what it was, but it is bugged under level 24, and it's gonna be fixed for next patch.
  10. Lavalya

Hero Stats

jarlaxle1985 said:
    Eurafrica said:
    Intelligence to 30 (aside from Ghazwhan and Klethi for me). on all, Trainer to 10. Rest into Strength (30 Strength if you play long enough). Ironflesh, Powerstrike and Power Draw all to 10, essentially makes them durable power house archers. Masterwork War Bow or Masterwork Strong Sarranid Bow and they can wipe out entire armies. I give them Heavy Mallets or Heavy Manhunter Mauls, 2x arrow slots and the bow.

So far it has been the most efficient combo, you can sub with Crossbows if you don't want to take the time to invest in Power Draw. High strength offsets Power Draw penalty from heavy armor completely, so put them in the high tier stuff. Due to poor cavalry AI, they don't do nearly as well on horseback and tend to get mobbed very quickly. If you play 1/4 damage this may not be an issue, but it's a big problem on full damage difficulty.

Alayan: Trainer 10, Engineer 10, Tactics 10 rest into combat.
    Jeremus: Trainer 10, Wound Treatment 10, Surgery 10, First Aid 10 rest into combat. Supplement your army with 8 surgeons (bottom of your party list) to help compensate for your lack of the full strength Surgery (10+4).
    Deshavi: Trainer 10, Pathfinding 10, Spotting 10, Tracking 10 rest into combat.
    Baheshtur: Trainer 10 rest into combat.
    Klethi: Agility to 30, 10 Foraging, 10 Looting rest into Strength and combat skills.
    Ghazwan: Charisma 30 (companions reading books is broken, otherwise it'd be 26 Charisma, then read +1 Trade book, +1 Charisma book) 10 Trade, rest into combat.
    Edwyn: Trainer 10, rest into combat.
    Nadia: Trainer 10, rest into combat.
    Ymira: Trainer 10, rest into combat.
    Bunduk: Trainer 10, rest into combat.
    Firentis: Trainer 10, rest into combat.

This combination of companions will always remain Very Happy, no companion conflict. This is obviously a setup for a longer playtime game, as 30 Int and 20+ Strength takes a long time to achieve. Ideally a minimum of 15 Strength is needed for Power Draw 5 and the best armor + Mallets/Manhunter Mauls. Pump strength to 15 early on so they can use Imperial War Bow/Sarranid Strong Bows, which greatly helps them level. With good armor + good bows you can take on 50+ Forest Bandits/Bandits with just you and your 11 companions. Tons of exp. (And that's on full damage settings).

This frees me up to go pure combat Strength/Agility, or Strength/Charisma with maxed Leadership and Prisoner Management.

This. This is what I was hoping to suss out from this thread. Thank, Eurafrica. Thou art indeed the powergamer I seek. :lol:

How long do your games last, such that you can take your companions so high? My longest game thus far has not even been 100 days. I usually get distracted by a radical new idea and end up restarting. It's the altitis, I can't help it.

The reason I asked is linked to the Trainer skill. By description, the skill adds experience to each troop below the level of that character. Which is great for me since I'm usually far ahead in levels (relative to companions) thanks to tournaments. But I don't see too much use for my companions, who move along ever so slowly in levels.

So... what timeframe are we talking, such that Trainer on companions become viable? How fast do your companions level?

Edit: Can you elaborate a bit more about "you can sub with Crossbows if you don't want to take the time to invest in Power Draw. High strength offsets Power Draw penalty from heavy armor completely"? There's a penalty to Power Draw when you wear heavy armour?
    Yes, higher armors give more encumberance which result in a penalty to pdraw/strike, riding and horse archery(at different numbers, horse archery is the first thing to get a penalty, then riding then pdraw/strike). This can be offset by getting str and agi which allow you to get more encumberance.

I dont know the numbers though, doubt many people know the exact numbers but I generally invest more into agi or str once I get a penalty and I always keep track of how much encumberance I can have at any given time, so I dont mis-purchase an armor piece(1,3>3.5 boots may not seem like much) or sword thats too heavy for me.
  11. Lavalya

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Turtledude said:
    im having a problem with a certen NPC trainer that once you pay him 10,000 Dener he will train your troops but i found out that he doesnt become your staff instead he would just keeps asking for another 10k dener over and over without ever training my troops is there a way too fix this?

The only reason you're paying 10k to him is for him to stay in one place, so you can keep getting recruits from him.
  12. Lavalya

Tax inefficiency-what is it and how it works?

Leifdin said:
    Well, and where can I get one? :smile:
    Do note that it has negative effects to raise it.
    You get one in your capital (where your throne room or whatever its called is, theres a guy or woman there).
  13. Lavalya

Mountable Animals

jarlaxle1985 said:
    Epicrules said:
    If I recall correctly one of the units in the manhunter upgrade tree has an elephant.

Slaver Chief. And my oh my do they rock the battlefield. With a charge value of 350 on the elephant, more than 300 one-handed skill... I had 10 of these babies. They were so good, I put them on their own troop group so I can have pure elephant charges at advancing enemy infantry lines.

In all my games, I just use Manhunters as my cavalry of choice. Not Swadians, not Sarranids. Manhunters. Fast riding, solid armour, large shields, high weapon skill... and the Slaver Chief to look forward to. As a plus, they only have blunt weapons. So it's prisoners galore.

My cavalry of choice are companions, my supplements of cavalry are the manhunter line (shock value, I dont use cavalry for anything but shock and chase) and my infantry are mercenary swordsmen (upgraded caravan guards from bandit prisoners and I dont upgrade them to hired blades), but I'm sorta roleplaying a power-hungry mercenary captain. Just haven't decided on my archers yet..
  14. Lavalya

Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

mkire said:
    I'm sure it was intentional, but nights are so dark i can't see anything, and it hurts my eyes to even look at the game at night, Can i revert nights to vanilla?

Yeah, at night the world map is unbelievably dark and painful on high contrast screens such as mine.
    I don't play very much so it doesnt bother me that much, but it is really dark.
  15. Lavalya

Review of the Nord Troop Tree // General Troop Discussion

Nimja1 said:
    Damn you and your bow history Lavalya. Your new name in my book is The Bowman. Anytime I'm confused or need to know something about bows I'm going to be like, "Let's ask The Bowman."
    I forgot to mention that it was a longbow, looking almost like a recurved flatbow. xD
    Or, thats what we think because vikings used these bows, and it is generally accepted that vikings used bows of the same descent as that of the finnish.
    There are depictions of achers but I doubt the shape of their bows are close to the truth.

Oh and I'm just an amateur historian, been reading history books since I can remember. xD
    Since my line of work requires me to study constantly its not something I can do actively anymore though, but I try to free as much time for reading as I can.
    Ofcourse, just endulging in the history of strategy is not enough and I have to apply it too, which is why I'm here. :p
Back
Top Bottom