Recent content by laszers

1. Parties staying in towns?

anyone know why this happens, all i did was some scripting to add recruitable units from towns and castles, then added untis, but thats it, why do teh lord just stay in their fiefs and never come out?
  2. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

has this worked for you? and is anyone else having any problems with this?
  3. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

sorry for the really late reply. my only guess is it isnt compatible with the mod your using. maybe try and see if you can do it with native.
  4. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

Has this been working for everybody just making sure.
  5. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

Make sure to wait three days. also try putting a space in between the last bit of the lords halls and the beginning of the recruit nobles part.
    however, like i stated i do not no if this mod is compatible with mods like that. try checking with the creator of the mod if the above does not fix it.
  6. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

ok, first off check to make sure that the first game menu insert is pointing to the right script, meaning it it should say [(call_script, "script_cf_town_castle_recruit_volunteers_cond"),] after recruit nobles, unless you named it something else.

then in the bottom menu check to make sure that it says jump to menu town, and not jump to menu village.
      (jump_to_menu, "mnu_town"), is what it should look like.

then make sure the first menu insert is in the right place, meaning it should be above, or below "Go to lords hall".

if none of this works then post both your game menu codes for me to have a look at.

thank you for looking at the tutorial.
  7. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

was the tutorial clear enough for you ritter?
  8. SP Tutorial Module System How to make troops recruitable from castle/towns.

Hello everyone, and as the topic say's this will show you how to make troops available for recruitment from castles and towns.  This is a very discussed topic, and many people think it requires a lot of coding and modding skills. But all it really requires is the module system. Before I start...
  9. castle/town recruitment.

thank you for the speedy reply. it worked for the most part but i am still having trouble. it still shows up in both, however the town one is not usable, but the castle works fine. because i am a perfectionist i have to get the option out. here is the game menu code, if anyone can help, it would be most appreciated.

("castle_castle",
          [       
            (party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_castle),       

(eq, "$sneaked_into_town", 0),       

(str_clear, s1),
            (try_begin),
              (store_faction_of_party, ":center_faction", "$current_town"),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":center_faction", slot_faction_ai_state, sfai_feast),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":center_faction", slot_faction_ai_object, "$current_town"),
              (str_store_string, s1, "str__join_the_feast"),
            (try_end),
            ],"Go to the Lord's hall{s1}.",
          [         
              (try_begin),
                (this_or_next|eq, "$all_doors_locked", 1),
                (eq, "$sneaked_into_town", 1),         
                (display_message,"str_door_locked",0xFFFFAAAA),
              (else_try),
        (this_or_next|neq, "$players_kingdom", "$g_encountered_party_faction"),
        (neg|troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 50),
    (neg|troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 125),
    (neq, "$g_player_eligible_feast_center_no", "$current_town"),

(faction_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", slot_faction_ai_state, sfai_feast),
    (faction_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party_faction", slot_faction_ai_object, "$g_encountered_party"),

(neg|check_quest_active, "qst_wed_betrothed"),
    (neg|check_quest_active, "qst_wed_betrothed_female"),

(neg|troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse, active_npcs_begin), #Married players always make the cut

(jump_to_menu, "mnu_cannot_enter_court"),
      (else_try),
                (assign, "$town_entered", 1),
                (call_script, "script_enter_court", "$current_town"),
              (try_end),
            ], "Door to the castle."),

("recruit_nobles",[(call_script, "script_cf_town_castle_recruit_volunteers_cond"),]
          ,"Recruit Nobles.",
          [
      (is_between, "$current_town", castles_begin, castles_end),
            (try_begin),
              (call_script, "script_cf_enter_center_location_bandit_check"),
            (else_try),
              (jump_to_menu, "mnu_recruit_nobles"),
            (try_end),
            ]),
  10. castle/town recruitment.

Hello everyone, I have gotten most all of the codes in place for castle/town recruitment. I have only one problem; in game menu's. my idea is to have three different troop tree's; village will be serf, town will be normal tree, and castle will be nobles. I have the noble codes set up and when I...
  11. [OLD IDEAS] - for FREELANCER

I would like to see some option for bandit/rebels. maybe you could enlist in a bandits party or join a sparked rebellion as a grunt rather then a high ranking soldier.

Also maybe you could live in a village and farm, and eventually work up to become mayor.
  12. Changing village/castle/town improvement effects?

Zerilius said:
    Absolutely possible.
    Firstly take a party slot which is set to 1 when a castle has barracks improvement.
    Then add an option in mnu_ castle to recruit volunteers after checking whether there is barracks in the castle.
    Then you may use the script of village recruitment to use in castle.
    I understand the first part and the third one however i am having trouble with the second one. how do you make it check that a barracks is built?
  13. Changing village/castle/town improvement effects?

Hello everyone,     I was wandering if it would be possible to change the building improvement effects. Specifically, I was wandering if it would be possible to add an improvement that would allow you to recruit well trained (tier 2 or 3) troops from castles. I have already coded in the...
  14. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

can someone help me, when ever i try to add a custom reinforcement to a customly made faction it gives me the error tuple is not callable. i wend up deleting all of the newly made reinforcement lines but it then gives the same error but for bandit steppe lair. which i did not edit at all. and then causes me to import a new parties template file. does anyone have a solution to this problem? thankyou in advance.
Back
Top Bottom