Recent content by Lanky

1. .952 Castle defense Annoyance

So here's my beef, When defending a castle in version .952 I was knocked unconscious by a stray arrow while standing amidst my mass of at lease 50 men as we charged the remaining 5 archers standing outside the castle gate like prats. However, instead of being taken into another round with the...
  2. Crouching (again).

Ah my simple friend, the left pinky is for the Ctrl key. Ctrl is crouch while space is jump and wasd is the normal movement.
  3. Vassalage = Drastic Relation Decrease -- Is this normal?

I have experienced the exact same thing (also with the same factions). Only I had an even better relation with King Graveth (Around 35). I understand most people probably pledge early but the faction I wanted to ultimately pledge to wasn't at war with anyone, so being a mercenary in another war seemed like a good option to kill time until they declared war on someone. I eventually pledged to Graveth anyway because the faction I wanted to join declared war on the Rhodoks and considering the good relationship I had built with all of the Rhodok lords and villages I figured I would be amiss to not cash in on all the positive factors in the region. Going from 35 to 12 was a bit of a bummer.
  4. SP Native Modern Calradia -1914-Götterdämmerung (Not Released)(Needs Riggers)(Updated 05/9/08)

80% from ww1? Thats not right at all. Look at pictures of the german army parading through wasaw.
  5. SP Other Brick and Blade: Status update.

Maybe read the first page. It clearly says that there is nothing to be done until the full version comes out. Thanks for playing though.
  6. Old thread (locked)

Thats because anyone who thinks burritos are bad is a fascist :smile:

7. Old thread (locked)

Wow, that isn't racist or anything.
  8. SP Modern Sci-Fi Dies the Fire (New team Members Pg 54)

Well, bicycles wouldn't really make much sense as they weren't ridden in battle. Nobody fought off the back of a bicycle in the books. If you could somehow add bicycles to your inventory to make your party move faster that would be cool.

Also, Elenmmare, what exactly do you mean by that?
  9. SP Modern Sci-Fi Dies the Fire (New team Members Pg 54)

Being a resident of the pacific northwest, I had no idea that I lived in Canada. Either you haven't read the books or failed geography. And though this is not like "I Am Legend" there are exotic breeds running around both the united states and the UK owing to the animals in Zoos  and the large number of eccentrics who keep things such as tigers on reserves or private ranches out in this part of the world.
  10. Old thread (locked)

The video of the man reloding the revolver should not be used as a source to judge the ammount of time it should take. The man, is wasting time by taking off the cylinder, using the machine, and also isn't using the advantage of cartriges. As Hussey and I have said, a minute flat is about the time you can do it if pressed for time.
  11. Old thread (locked)

ironmonger said:
    Just how long it take a percussion revolver depends on the ammo and the accessories used. The fasted is using combustable cartridges and an automatic capper on a clean gun - takes about two minutes using a table or similar surface and some practice. The worst is using lose powder from a flask, bullets in a pouch and caps in a different one, on a dirty gun with fired caps still on while standing or sitting on a quiet horse standing still - about five to ten minutes (depend on how much you care to lose caps or spill powder).
    A rifled musket (Enfield 1853 or Springfield 1861) takes about half a minute with catridges and proper rifleman's belt and pouch while standing up (does take much longer while lying prone - can be done, but is a wrestle...).

Half a minute? No no no. You can get off three well aimed rounds in a minute while standing with an enfield or springfield. And also, whoever said that it takes 30 seconds to change a remingtons cilinder is way off. I can change mine in less than 10 seconds if pressed. For gameplay sake, I would say just keep the reload time at no more than 20 seconds for any of the revolvers.
  12. Old thread (locked)

The mod isn't going for hyper realism. If you want to emulate the time it takes to reload a cap and ball revolver (Even converted cartridge) then it would slow down gameplay immensely. And if you want that to be hyper realistic, then why would you want to decrease the rifle reload time?
  13. SP Native Modern Calradia -1914-Götterdämmerung (Not Released)(Needs Riggers)(Updated 05/9/08)

Instant bayonet use? What does that mean? Are you referring to the late 1930's carbine version with a folding spike bayonet? The rifle simply is made to fire most accurately with a bayonet.

The point is that during trench warefare, soldiers almost always had their bayonets affixed because of the military doctrine used by all armies of the period. If this mod is attempting to emulate such a period then it would be easier to just have one model (bayonet affixed).
  14. New Mod Idea - Zulu

Sorry about the name thing Hussey, was replying to two threads at once.
  15. New Mod Idea - Zulu

That was already addressed by Highlander. It wasn't issued until the 1880's.
Back
Top Bottom