Recent content by landpirate

1. Dev Blog 04/10/18

me likes strategy, strategy eeezz goood....  :fruity:
  2. Dev Blog 30/08/18

Thank you so much for allowing people to play and upload the playthroughs on YouTube, you really get a feel of the game.  One thing that I believe would be awesome for immersion would be to allow for more than one spouse or romantic partner and maybe even allow one to have a partner that's not of noble lineage, let's be realistic here.  Also, more optional complexity to the family trees and interactions with other characters would be quite cool.  Keep up the great work!
  3. Dev Blog 16/08/18

BEAUTIFUL!!  I was worried by the bland screenshots in the past, but you guys really polished it to perfection, single player looks visually stunning...I can't wait to play this game!
  4. Dev Blog 12/07/18

Much of what we know about the Volga Vikings is from Arab traders and diplomats (nobles) who traversed all of Western  Russia. Some of Rome's biggest trading partners were Southern India and Egypt, not to mention their elephant riders.  Rome also had many North African generals and even at least one African emperor.

Any "white" person with dark hair has very recent African admixture, the oldest European homo sapiens had black skin and blue eyes.  Light skin was a genetic trait that moved in from the Middle East.  The BBC has a great article about this.
  5. Dev Blog 21/06/18

Tabitan said:
    Brendan13 said:
    For the first two screenshots it looks like the two pictures are before and after of the same castle. I personally prefer the left side of the first screenshot except for the river. The walls of the castle on the right look too white and the stones in it look too big.
    I am sure left ones are actual scenes, right ones are from campaign map.

@Callum, TW Team

takemymoney.jpg

That was my interpretation as well.
  6. Dev Blog 21/06/18

Magnificent!! Now, this is what we want to hear, tangible improvements to the campaign game!  Any info on romance would be nice, I want to have polygamy for us pagans!! I want lots of mistresses, so the game reflects the real world better.  In ancient times, lords often had many additional mistresses or wives, including attractive commoners.
  7. Dev Blog 10/05/18

I like the idea of role playing a merchant.  90% of the fun for me is building up an economic empire and managing my warband as if they were glorified caravan guards.  Then I reward myself by using my wealth to capture a castle as a vassal.  Then I fortify it with a mighty garrison, get a hot wife now I have a great hall, and just walk around my castle battlements enjoying the ambience.  Who cares about being king!
  8. Dev Blog 12/04/18

What about shields? Warband allowed for 2 shields with one on the warrior's back (which looked badass). Where would the second shield slot be, or would they just hold it as in Warband?
  9. Dev Blog 19/10/17

Yeah, I can live with lore and folk tales, just not real magic! :smile:
  10. Dev Blog 19/10/17

One thing the blog mentions is that Bannerlord is a "Low Fantasy" game, please tell me there's no magic or monsters in this!
  11. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Alright folks, here are a few early screenshots and images I've never seen posted here before that I found online.  If these have already been shared then my apologies in advance!

3930EC27D8F356A91E0FFC6E6CCEBB9BA43ECE97

5E02ADD62195930FE443C0D9C2123BA07672160E

01A7D0E4C9B99256F3B09CFA8459FF0DBBDB585C

B61A8357FB091C476867E70B226C9048B8916F9B

B9AE8911F15106FB1FE0C18CEAB579A31CC29941

Old Map:
    360AB3A2F5AEF414C89501C4C3A1DEEAF931DBD4

New Map:
    38B0F4169B9BAA4C230D5E32946A724BE2B6BD2A

429666-mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-engine-power-1920x1080.jpg

20239.jpeg
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Two things I've noticed:

1) Taleworld's Wikipedia page now shows 102 employees (for 2016).  Just 3 months ago, that same page said something like 54.  Clearly they have the manpower to fully dedicate to Bannerlord without interruption regardless of side projects.  It may also mean they've hired interesting additions such as voice actors.

2) I noticed the map on the new playable mode for Warband looks a lot like the setup for For Honor, with small teams battling along wooden walkways, etc.

Take from this what you want!
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I think they should just polish up what they have now and publish it in its current state.  They can come up with an improved, expanded and more polished version a couple years down the line (the same way Warband followed M&BI).  No reason to just publish games 7 years apart every time.
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Druidic said:
    While there is some promise, consider Warband's map size already. Granted the map will be bigger, but if the Sarranid terrain is any inclination in Warband, the best you're going to get is a Persian faction, maybe somewhere semi-Persian or semi-Indian. Same with the Khergit territories and the Far East faction ideas. Maybe a blend but not clearly recognizable one way or the other.

I can live with that, Sarranids being Arabic, a new semi-Indian/semi-Persian faction could work.  Incorporating more East Asian elements to the Mongol/Khergit faction the way they do in Anno Domini 1257 would also make the Oriental representation more tangible without going to the extreme of having Samurai marching around.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

The Bowman said:
    Those are Mongol-inspired factions, that, at one point poured into Europe and influenced the local cultures to an extent, which is why they are acceptable for us, but a Chinese or Japanese faction would have nothing to do with the rest of the elements we already have.

How about an Indian faction?  The Romans, Carthaginians and Greeks all employed Indian troops, particularly with their elephant corps.  Also, Indians have fought throughout the Middle East and Europe during the wars in the hundreds of thousands.  The Gypsy population of Europe are also descended from Indian migrants from centuries ago.  It's also just one step east of Persia and wouldn't require much new map space.  It would certainly bring an exotic element to the game that wouldn't be far fetched.

925738452s.jpg

JAIPUR%E2%80%99s-Most-Romantic-Experiances-.jpeg

Painting-Inside-Umaid-Bhavan-Palace-950x520.jpg

Mehrangarh_Fort_Inside_Jodhpur3.jpg

head.jpg
Back
Top Bottom