Recent content by Laevanas

1. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

minokz said:
    2. horse archer, uma-nmi, have no HA skill.

Sounds like they are balanced then!

Total joking aside, I'm really enjoying this myself. I might load it up in a bit to find a screenshot of which one, but one of the Takeda armors is missing textures in my game, I didn't notice it until I went through the Cheat Items section, and found one armor that was completely white. Though I don't know how much a screenshot of that itself would help in finding /which/ Takeda armor it was.
  2. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Yep, same here. I'm used to digging through stuff like this and know better than to dig into IDs in cases like this.
  3. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Sooner535 said:
    So quick Q:
    I tried to create my own units using the Morgh's tools. I edited the sokudo to make them my units (called the akechi). So I changed all the units names from sokudo spearman, sokudo skirmisher, etc. To akechi this or that, then I upped the ironflesh on all ashigaru units by 1 (then lowered it by 1 on all my samurai units). FInally I edited each units gear to be nice uniforms that I wanted (red and black themed) and decided I wanted both an elite skirm and spear so I created a spear unit. The culture I select is the last one (after Ikko Ikko) and I get units named Speamen, Villager, etc. Not only that but I also don't get my elite skirm. I do think they are using the weapons and armor I gave them (or at least they are all in red and black) but they also don't have the stat changes I did. Any ideas? Also what is with the excess units? Should I have changed those instead? (unit numbers 1677-1734) hope somehow can help me

Weighing in with my two bits, the same happened to me. No clue if it's something to do with renaming the troops or what, but in game they were just named after their rank and had no culture name in their individual troop names, as well as all having seemingly randomized gear rather than the quite specific loadouts I gave each one. Sounds like we've got the same thing happening.
  4. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Aruda said:
    The new update for the Gekokujo Daimyo Edition has been released!  :party:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version/downloads/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-update-2

Any chance for a changelog? Just for those of us who are curious ^uu^ (since this update might be what brings me back into Warband :grin:)
  5. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Bahael said:
    Greetings! I made this account just to post this.

I played much vanilla Gekokujo and liked it a lot.

When I found this version I was really happy and it seemed to have improved basically everything as far as I know.
    But I seem to have a problem that isn't mentioned by anyone here and that is that the module crashes the game for me constantly in a "runtime error".

I play with Battle Sizer up to 500, but I don't think that is the problem as it still crashes in 1 vs 3 fights.
    Generally I can play about 3 battles before it crashes, it's always in battle it crashes.

Currently I'm following a lord that's besieging a castle and every time the battle starts it crashes after a minute or two.

Native and normal Gekokujo works just fine in even the largest battles in the longest play sessions without crashing.

So I wonder if there's any known solution?
    As as I said, no one seem to mention it here.
    Am I the only one who have this problem or am I simply missing the fix?

Not sure on that myself, I do get VERY sporadic crashes with it, but there is no real rhyme or reason. I can't give a steady reason for why it crashes and it's hardly noticable, so perhaps it's something user side? Sorry I couldn't be of more help there.
  6. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

So I found a rather annoying issue I hope can get resolved, though if I remember correctly it was also an issue in Geko 3.0, so that's likely a flaw deeper an than Daimyo Edition goes. This still seems to have the issue of companions never returning from missions you send them on. I.E. I sent one of them as an emmissary to another clan to try to make for peace, and two months later they still had not returned (when they are supposed to after 3 days), so if this could get at least some priority in fixing, that'd be great.

Also does anyone else notice Uma-Yumi's are FAR too over-used? They are Hatomoto Cavalry with bows, yet I see lords fielding armies of 20+ of them, even when the lord has a total of 40 people! This kinda irks me as the Uma-Yumi is almost the be-all-end-all of units in this mod, and for them to be so common is rather infuriating.
  7. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

KaleShibata said:
    So the economy is royally ****ed in this submod. armor and weapons go between (good ones mind you) of 5-50k.  meanwhile your net gain from industries is MAYBE 500-800 each and it decreases steadily as demand goes down. troop wages might be cheap, but you aren't affording anything on an economy like that.

Before your fixes which by the way thanks for those truly, the economy for weapons and gear was normal and the enterprise economy wasn't so bad.  did something odd get changed when you made the patch in?  because the best way to make money is to literally steal from farmers and villages for weeks, serve in an army with at least 7- 8 in looting skill (by the way stuff might buy for outrageous prices, but stores only generally have 1-2 k to offer and the gear isn't sold for anywhere near as much as it buys for. and I character edited in 10 trade, nothing changed. selling is next to pointless as most stuff has little value to begin with and everything is oddly expensive.)

I'm not opposed to thievery, but its literally the ONLY GOOD WAY to make money to outfit companions and everything, and the ones I use despise stealing from villages, which again, sells for a net loss.  You gain a negative rep and still don't get paid.  Just want to make sure something in the economy didn't break there.

I quite disagree that thievery is the only way to make money, and - I do vaguely remember Gekokujo's economy being odd as well, though admittedly I haven't played "Vanilla" Geko in awhile. As for how you can make quite a bit of money, there's a few ways. One which requires you to be neutral to all factions, is to train up Prisoner Management, then join in-progress battles between lords. Because you have no stakes, you can side with whomever you like, meaning you can always take the winning side. On top of that, if you bring companions only, you can safely auto-battle that out and take prisoners as you please, which you can then sell anywhere. If you take only samurai, you can /easily/ make up to 2-3k a battle.

As far as prices on items costing 50k, I've never seen anything QUITE that high, the highest I saw was about 27k for a Masterwork item, and those indeed were also VERY expensive in base Gekokujo, though I imagine because of some of the new additions of armor and weapons, Daimyo Edition might make this more noticable when those pop up as Lordly or Masterwork.

Also I do apologize if this is a wall of text!
  8. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

shaelor said:
    Anyone care to submit their opinion about this? Wait for another patch to fix bugs or is it a smooth experience already? Are the AI garrisons and army size considerably larger than in vanilla Gekokujo?

Considerably larger? Not really, and unless you regularly used the recruiters (which I admittedly never have), then so far I haven't found any downsides to it vs base Gekokujo. Honestly I see this as an overall improvement that should definitely be tried out ^uu^
  9. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Ahh, that makes sense then. I'm based in Hirosaki, as I almost always join with the Nanbu. Being able to train myself and my soldiers on the Ezo Warriors is quite a useful boon to me, being that I am always a horse archer, regardless of what variant of M&B I play. The Ezo being the only group to not have any proper ranged weapons, means I can train alone against hundreds at once with no difficulty :razz:. Generally I make more off them than rents from Usukeshi (the main village I have).
  10. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

I wouldn't be surprised if they both effected each other then. As when no traders are able to reach the city my people go to, then prosperity will never go above average, though usually lingers around Poor. (This is with low tax and nothing ever raiding my village), though like I said, it's all just based on my experiences XD))
  11. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

arlvent21 said:
    The_Hussar said:
    Alright, I guess I will have to keep some archers as well in that case...

Does the tax rate affect the prosperity of a village? My village was raided and I set the taxes to very low in the hope that it would recover faster. I also noticed a relation increase. I saw that I can also garrison troops in the village. Will they fight with a lord who attempts to loot the village or will only join on my side if I fight with the lord near the village?

I also conquered 2 temples and a mansion on Sado. What affects the number of such dwellings I can control? Leadership? Will the AI try to conquer them?

Thanks for the help so far, I have played a lot of mods but this is great fun to explore.

1- I guess so, i once set my villages tax rate to normal and i received no payments from rent then i set the tax rate to low then they started paying then gradually my relation with my village increased and so do with its prosperity... So maybe it means that taxes affects the village's prosperity.

2- Garrison Troops on villages are just side feature(as far as i know) Since I tried to garrison some hatamotos in my village and when i got into a fight with a rival lord while he was raiding my village, what i only have in my party were spearmen in order to check if my garrisoned hatamotos will help but it seems that they did not show up(I set my battle size to 800 since i have 230 troops in my army with  villagers along my side against 200+ troops from my enemy to make sure that all soldiers are able to participate in battle hoping that my hatamotos will show up.) After my experiment, it's a negative. Garrisoned Troops in villages does not help.

3- Maybe 4 is the limit even though you have 6-10 Leadership(I MIGHT BE WRONG). And another NO, AI does not attack or take your fort/s.

Sorry for my bad English hahaha, i tried my best so far. Plus i suck in Essay. :lol:  :lol:  :grin:

Tax rate seems to make a difference, though the prosperity of villages also seems to be tied to the prosperity of the city the villagers go to and how often they actually can reach it, though this just is based off what I've seen in game rather than anything solid.

Yes, soldiers garrisoned in villages /will/ join in battle, as I've been using that feature quite often. I have about 500~ Ashigaru stationed in my village, and with an army of just myself (I rarely move with an army), I will have all 500 join a battle against raiding lords. Only some battles against bandits seem to not include these soldiers, but anything started on the world map (note, this is with the enemy lords attacking me, not the other way around, no idea if that makes a difference), then they will join in.

There is no limit. It is based on your leadership, though I forget the exact numbers, you can control all of them at once if you have 10, maybe 9, but it has been too long since I last tinkered with it!
  12. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

So, I hope this isn't TOO dumb a question, but I spent a couple of hours digging through the item finding cheat and using Morgh's editor to customize the player custom to have all uniform armor and equipment, and was curious (this is more a question for Morgh's thing, but figured I could ask here), if there would be a way to easily plop my converted troops from the original troops.txt over to the updates? I tried a straight copy & paste, but as ever, brute force seems to have caused issues XD.
Back
Top Bottom