Recent content by Lackay

1. Defensive Sieges - Can't build defenses

you own the castle besides being leader of the siege and it dosnt work? must be a bug
  2. SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

there ought to be some sort of coalition tool to help the weaker states band together and actually offer some sort of resistance to the snowballer whom in most of my games is battania
  3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

NMS dosnt seem like a good comparison, simply because had they ever developed a previous game? it never even looked like a good game to begin with and i havnt even bought it yet, doubt i ever will. taleworlds on the other hand is already known for 2 highly popular and successful games. bannerlord is just the next great product in the lineup. the information given to us already shows that it will be the best M&B yet. and to ask anymore than that is just absurd

edit: also, it is funny mentioning that the fan base of this game, and really every game in development/ever made has people wishing and dreaming up all sorts of intricate design. and then when the game is released and the fantasies of these fans get crushed to powder since the devs never made any mention or suggestion that these fantasies the fans just come up with would be included, that they raise pitchforks and start to riot. i think that mostly just comes with part of a younger age group. older people generally(not exclusively) dont do that.
  4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Meelis13 said:
    With all do respect to TW (because i do have immense respect for them), putting up steam page then not having any news for 3 months now (like literally, not even a nugget)? Not a wise move. I actually am bit afraid you played yourselves into corner with this move.
    See, gamers are demanding bunch (as you are aware of). Getting steam page up for game that people have literally waited for years (to be fair, you guys announced it bit too soon as well) is seen as sign as game either is very close to release (or at very least has date set in stone) or at very least you have tons of news.
    Yet, like i said, 3 months of absolute silence. Thats bit too much.
    Now, based on history, that kind of silence may damage even best of games. At best, you just lose sales as people who wanted the game just lost interest due to waiting. At worst, you face complete and utter s-storm if game isnt perfect. Now, 2nd part only becomes more and more likely as time goes on without any word.
    I know you are probably trying to contain the hype, but seriously- its mount & blade. What did you expect- that fanbase doesnt create hype? Silence only feeds fanbases fantasies & can make expectations get unrealistically high. Such as in case of No Man's Sky- it was obvious it wasnt going to be as world-changing game it was supposed to be, but still, even most grounded theories started to become unrealistic for that game.

i actually like it, iv been a fan since the original but i like that they have been secretive, it makes playing the game for the first time so much better. i seriously doubt they will lose any sales and that this will definitely be their biggest title too. i would recommend to everyone that they go and preoccupy themselves with things they can do today, rather then play the waiting game. we all know the waiting game lasts ages. a surprise release would be awesome, fortunately for those of us with jobs it will always be readily available and money well spent.
  5. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Harle said:
    AmateurHetman said:
    Dest45 said:
    god no. CK2 costs almost 200$ for all the DLC that only adds a slight amount to the game but is essential for a full and complete experience. I love the game but that system is **** criminal. I'm fine with what they have been doing, Viking Conquest, NW etc... Maybe some expansion packs like the Witcher 3 had. I honestly doubt TW would release a bunch of little DLC to milk us dry anyway.

lol "proven success model". More like piss off all your fans model. I love the game and all its DLC but I have to admit, I hate the Devs.
    Worst turn for the gaming industry imo. especially when features are hidden behind a DLC. Taleworlds won't do this, I'm pretty certain of that, they are better devs than that imo.

That's not fair to Paradox at all. Every major DLC for their main franchises, comes with free content that is patched into the vanilla game for everyone. The DLCs contain additional features (obviously, because that is what you pay for), but it's only a portion of the development work. Another hefty portion is basically free. Take any base Paradox game at release, and compare it with its current state - without paid DLC, I mean - and it's a totally different animal. The base game is constantly being improved and it is their DLC that allows them to continue developing and iterating on it.

People are so entitled. You are trying to compare a game with years of content to the original release and pretend like the original release isn't and never was worth playing. It's not like CKII or EUIV only suddenly got good after the expansions came out. Nor did it suddenly become worse merely because there is paid content that makes it better. There's just this pressing illusion that the game isn't worth playing unless you have all of the expansions, merely because you know they exist.

If you wanted to buy all of the DLC in one go, would it cost a lot? Yeah. But most of the people playing their games - their community - have been playing their games for a long time, and have bought DLC over time. 200-odd dollars spread over four years isn't exactly a huge amount. Especially since they are constantly having sales.

Also a lot of the DLC is purely cosmetic and doesn't add to gameplay, so I don't think it's fair to include everything as if it's all required to reach an optimal experience. They average 2.75 expansions a year, for usually 15 dollars a piece, and the prices go down over time. But even if you bought them when they came out, for full price, you're spending 40 dollars a year on expansion content. Maybe someone can explain why that's bad just because the game is popular enough to warrant continued development. And frankly, if you approach a Paradox game with an understanding of what you want out of it, you can pretty much ignore the DLC you aren't going to play with. Only a handful of their expansions include mechanics that could be considered universal and necessary.

Not to mention that in multiplayer, only the host needs to have DLC content in order for everyone in the game to utilize the features in that DLC. Only cosmetic stuff and a few customization DLCs are turned off for people who don't have it. Which is extremely generous! Not to mention rare.

They have a good system that allows them to fund continued, iterative development on their games. Those who are interested in expansion content fund patches and features for the base game that everyone gets for free. They are not restrictive in how that content is used in multiplayer, essentially giving people free access to expansion features in that setting. They are constantly putting their DLC on sale and it's relatively cheap to get caught up.

I have zero problems with any of that.

But hey, to each their own.

exactly. eu4/ck2 were fantastics games at the beginning, they only kept getting better and people coming into the series only see a giant paywall. i for example still havnt purchased the aztec invasion for ck2 simply because it dosnt interest me
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Just watched that stream. Hands down best upcoming game, probably since Warband  :lol:

Anyways, as I was watching the weapon crafting I got to thinking. It would be really nice if we could design weapons or maybe even armor to our troops. Sometimes I do enjoy having clean/organized looking armies with matching equipment. It makes them feel more professional
  7. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

perhaps they have the intentions of bringing it to console to compete with elder scrolls! dun dun duuuuuuuh!
  8. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

ToyBoat said:
    just hoping the next blog is about the world map but i can imagine why they might save that for near the end of development

Indeed, im also curious to see changes, or what I hope are changes
  9. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

im really quite happy they have new factions now, what im really hoping is for a much better campaign map.
  10. Can't Get promoted

dylanpolice said:
    So i play as the empire francais on l'aigle 1.2 i have 200 renown but i can't be Lieutenant help me please

Thank you

you need 250 I believe
  11. Troop Tree

thankyou my god man!
  12. Troop Tree

Is there any link so that I may see each factions troop trees, it would be much appreciated
  13. MP Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE: Revived RELEASED

AndreusAs said:
    I'll get it up, but not today.

:cool:
Back
Top Bottom