Recent content by Kodashi

1. Kodashi

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks for the help everyone.  I've pretty much finished my little project of adding persistant equipment to Native Multiplayer. It's been a great learning experience for certain!  I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with the mod from this poin though.  I think all I wanted was to just figure it out.
  2. Kodashi

Somebody said:
    Why can't you just write your own script and call that instead of script_multiplayer_calculate_cur_selected_items_cost?

That's what I have done and it seems to work :smile:  Thanks
  3. Kodashi

Somebody said:
    There is none - script_multiplayer_calculate_cur_selected_items_cost gets called every time, and a text overlay is created in g_presentation_obj_item_select_12.

I've rewritten the process and I am simply trying to insert into reg0 from a different location.  I've tried defining a new player slot but this doesn't seem to work.  Any suggestions?
  4. Kodashi

Somebody said:
    Slots are just readable index values - so just don't define slots with the same index as ones that are in use for the same type of objects.

Thanks for this.

Second question:

Anyone know which "slot" is used to store the 'Total Cost' element within the multiplayer selection GUI?
  5. Kodashi

What are the rules for adding additional slots?
  6. Kodashi

Hey Folks!

Quick Question about the multiplayer GUI.  I've got my database sending equipment data when the player chooses a "troop"  this works fine except that the icons do not populate the slot view (you can mouse over a seemingly empty slot and the tool-tip text will show).  If I hit ESC and go back into the troop selection, the icons for equipment will show up without issue.

I think I'm missing something.  Is there an easy way to make the presentation 'refresh' without exiting and then going back into the selection screen?

Edit - I neglected to mention that clicking on an 'empty' icon populates all of the slots that appeared empty. 

I apologize if this is too elementary.
  7. Kodashi

Do you want to see Samurai sword (Katana) imported from Warband ?

Katana? Sure, why not.

If you don't like it, don't use it.
  8. Kodashi

MadocComadrin said:
    I *might*, but I'm not at the computer it may be on right now.

No problem.  If you happen to find it, please let me know!
  9. Kodashi

MadocComadrin said:
    When a player selects a troop/equipment, a network message is sent. So check that message and mimic what it does in the url_response script (You want to assign gear based on data from a database right?).

As for weapon proficiencies and the rest, they're set via troops, ie. you can't set them per agent. If you want to set them per player, you're going to have to get creative. If the cRPG source is still open, look there.

I'm already reading and writing equipment data to and from my database but I wanted to separate the selections a little bit and I thought doing it by class would be easiest.  I think I know exactly which network message you're referring to so thanks for that hint there.

I tried getting the old crpg souce but the link is no longer working :sad:  Anyone have a copy of it by chance?   
  10. Kodashi

Firstly, thanks to everyone for all of your assistance.  I'm able to now read and write equipment data to and from my database and have it populate the approriate slot...at least for the inital spawn.  I have some additional questions; hopefully short and easy ones.

1) Which script(s) are fired when a player selects their 'Class' from within the gui?  I am looking to set saved equipment from the database to the gui based on their class selection.  This might not be possible so my plan B is to lock that character into a class once they've made their initial selection.  I'm good either way :smile:

2) What functions are used to set Attributes, Skills, and Weapon Profs?

... and I think that might do it. 
  11. Kodashi

Sweet, I got it all figured out!

12. Kodashi

Once I can get this inventory thing solved, I think I'll be nearly finished.  However, I am not quite sure how to loop through the Troop_Slot indexes.  Is there any example code out there?
  13. Kodashi

Caba`drin said:
    Kodashi said:
    I take it that multiplayer troop item selections are done here:

slot_player_selected_item_indices_begin        = 2
    slot_player_selected_item_indices_end          = 11

?

Yes, the *_set_slot or * _get_slot etc operations refer to arrayed variables that are called slots.

These should not be confused with the equipment slots ek_* that identify where items go on a troop/agent/player.
    (This arrayed variable type of slot is explained in the syntax thread you've been pointed to that is in my sig.)

Awesome! 

Thanks for the guidance on this :smile:
  14. Kodashi

I take it that multiplayer troop item selections are done here:

slot_player_selected_item_indices_begin        = 2
    slot_player_selected_item_indices_end          = 11

?
  15. Kodashi

I have  a question about troop_set_slot

Does this function regard slots differently than (player_add_spawn_item,player_id, item_slot_no, item_id),

I've got my database equipment code almost working but when I use the ek_item* slots, only the last item is populated (within the first slot).  However when I use function (player_add_spawn_item,player_id, item_slot_no, item_id), with the same item and slot ids, the equipment is spawn where I'd expect it to.  I'm so close to getting this working though

Back
Top Bottom