Recent content by KnightNI

1. KnightNI

How will TW balance class system in battle mode?

Bannerlord's class system is easier than Warband's equipment system for balancing battle since there's significantly less variables. That makes it worse in a number of ways, but easier to balance.
    this game isnt balanced, warband was ALOT more balanced. Now im forced to play as a character with a specific weapon that I dont want to use. Maybe my melee character wants a 1 handed mace and not a sword, maybe my melee wants to have a strong head piece cause I keep getting pelted with arrows around my shield there. The fact that im forced into a certain melee weapon type and like 3 to choose from makes the game un fun and unbalanced for me and others since I cant play what im best at and ill keep snowballing since im un able to play my playstyle.

currently theres meta "classes" and there will always be meta classes over others no matter what you do. If we made this like every other game on the market where i pick my "archer" class or "melee" class and give me options of 10 weapons in tiers and armor based on cost, now i can start out as a mace and shield with a crappy mace and upgrade to either a better mace or better shield or better chest piece when i get some kills and adjust the cost accordingly. your character levels in SMALL increments while now you get some kills and go right to the best class!
  2. KnightNI

This update absolutely sucks

I havent played since Feb and prob wont until the class system is removed or custom servers come out
  3. KnightNI

SP - General Change leader of a caravan

yes please, currently i cheat and give myself money for the cost of a new one after i re equip my guy
  4. KnightNI

From a Technical/Coding Standpoint, How Hard Is It To Give TDM Fixed Spawns?

The best type of spawns are separate rotating spawns. Because if one team is better than the other they will only spawnkill in the fixed spawn.
    Exemple of this happening in GK_TDM: Fort of Honor, Sandibush, Dreiksdorf. Those maps always ended up in spawnkill if one team was superior.
    Exemple of Good maps with separate rotating spawns: Port Assault, Ruins and Field by the River.
    this is false, if the developer was smart they would make the spawn area inaccessible to the other team and give the spawn area ample space and view points to shoot with archers and gather a team up before heading out. the current system and rotations in general are bad.
  5. KnightNI

Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Yeah I dont think Taleworlds realizes something pretty important. If Taleworlds doesnt adhere to the most basic demands from the community, the community just wont use Taleworlds' servers as soon as we are no longer forced too. If Taleworlds wants all the work theyve put into skirmish, tdm and the new single life gamemode which is supposedly coming to actually be worth it, they should really have their ears open when the community asks for certain quality of life changes. Something like reflective team damage has no detractors and from a technical standpoint is not that hard to implement. If they cant change their design for even the most basic of things, why should the community be forced to do what Taleworlds wants? If the design team doesnt respect the players, then the players wont respect the design team. The Mount@Blade community has demonstrated that it is completely capable of developing multiplayer mods and communities without any developer input.

The Taleworlds design team has a pretty simple choice. Either develop the game WITH the community, or the community will be more than happy to develop the game WITHOUT the design team. If all the Taleworlds servers are empty because players are playing on servers, mods and gamemodes we are forced to design ourselves, because Taleworlds didnt care when we asked for certain things, that is a Taleworlds problem and not an us problem. Its no skin off our back to play on separate servers than the ones Taleworlds provide. Give a little control now so you dont lose all of your control later.
    this, its just a zerg fest most times
  6. KnightNI

Everything bad about the game, sort of (Multiplayer only)

i stopped playing this game cause of the forced classes and forced load out :grin: why would i pay for a RPG game that lets you customize your character, his stats, his armor, his weapons and then i click multiplayer and the game says " you must only wear this armor and only have this SPECIFIC sword and no other sword"
  7. KnightNI

Lets talk about the Gold System...(Skirmish)

Talesworld just doesnt know what they are doing, cant buy my own gear to make my own character in a RPG game :iamamoron: but what do i know, im just the customer thats playing a product trying to be two different things.
  8. KnightNI

MP Multiplayer is not as fun as in Warband

i played one duel server match when bannerlord came out, saw how bad block delay was and never played multiplayer again
  9. KnightNI

Dear Taleworlds

release custom servers and let us remove classes and edit the files to remove delay and MP will be hustling and bustling again.
  10. KnightNI

Can mods save this game?

only if they allow us dedicated servers, but in order for it to work everyone would have to download the same mod to join the server. but in theory we could change combat, class system and maps
  11. KnightNI

Do the developers even care? MP is about to be empty for good.

They care about pushing their own vision, not about giving the players what they want.
    To say the very least however, this vision isn't good, and community pushback against it seems to have caused Taleworlds to stop updating MP entirely, presumably because they know we won't be happy with whatever minor percentage tweaks they would give us.
    During beta, each update was one step forward, one step back. The community would highlight something that needed fixing, and Taleworlds would fix this issue only to reintroduce it a few months down the line.

The shield durability conundrum
    - Shield durability is in a good state, just enough to protect you for a limited amount of time, but would break after a while.
    - Taleworlds inexplicably increase shield durability by multitudes of what it previously was. No reason was given. Shields then never broke.
    - Taleworlds rollback this change after community pushback.
    - Taleworlds reintroduce insane shield durability.
    - Taleworlds decrease shield durability by small increments for the following months after community backlash.
    - Shields are still insanely durable today, and don't demand any attention given from players.

The blocking debacle
    - Block delay exists and is awful.
    - Block delay gets removed due to community pushback.
    - Block delay gets reintroduced.

Here's a little more ****, since we're at it
    - Chamber blocking doesn't work, never addressed

- Kicking is useless, never addressed

- Attack delay exists and is garbage, never addressed.

- Stance system exists and is garbage, never properly addressed.

Most importantly however, almost all of the combat changes that were actually made were directed to removing symptoms of underlying issues, rather than fixing the underlying issues themselves. Many adjustments to the stance system were made during the beta, and as a result the game does play better, but the stance system itself is so bloated and convoluted that its existence prevents the game from ever feeling good to play.

I don't know where I'm going with this post. I guess my point is Taleworlds don't know where they're going with the multiplayer either. It feels ****ty to say this, since I can see how someone and Taleworlds might see this and take offense, but whoever's in charge of MP has no idea what they're doing. Everything about it is wrong on a fundamental level.

- Bad class system
    - Bad currency gain system
    - Bad gamemodes
    - Terrible balance as a result of these issues
    - Boring, one-dimensional, symmetrical maps
    - Inexplicable focus on competitive play, despite bad combat
    - Awful combat

MP is an incoherent mess that can't be fixed without a major shift in design philosophy.
    Is this shift something that will ever occur to Taleworlds? I don't believe so. Would be nice if it did though.
    this
  12. KnightNI

Block System Must Be Fixed

We are talking about disgusting mechanics and not add-ons
    yea, modders have messed with the codes already and changed block delay and swing speeds. modding is more than just adding things, its changing code and game mechanics as well.
  13. KnightNI

Block System Must Be Fixed

Dear developers, give me an answer when you fix it, thanks.
    the modders will fix it for you and add it to the custom multiplayer servers once the game is released. we are all waiting for mods to make the game better.
  14. KnightNI

Great opportunity for Crusader-based Faction

talesworld isnt gonna do any of that and have no intension to. but when the game is released and the tools are avaliable, modders will make plenty of new factions and story and trust me the crusades will be there and plenty of knight based factions
  15. KnightNI

STR requirements for armor/weapons

Along with stat requirements, it might be interesting to see some armors incur skill penalties. Heavy gauntlets or full helms could lower the player's effective archery/crossbow/throwing skills, for example. It's pretty boring right now that the player is almost always aiming for the most protective armor regardless of what playstyle they are using. Encouraging players to use equipment that best fits their combat style would be more interesting and lead to better high-tier armor variety (instead of all tier 6 armor just being very heavy and protective, there could also be some that are moderately protective but incur no skill penalties or weigh very little).
    I like this idea, it’s just silly that the game forces you to have the heaviest and best armor rating even if you are an archer. Isn’t it wierd for an archer to wear a full plate helm and plate mittens? Other games do this so why is bannerlord being silly about this but they were ok in warband? Atleast in warband you had to decide if you wanted skill points in shield and str to be a warrior and your range option was the crossbow or if you wanted to be an archer with high agility with a bow. I don’t know why you guys want this game to be where your character is some god running around on a armored horse wearing full plate with a long bow and a heavy two handed
Back
Top Bottom