Recent content by Kirita

1. Kirita

New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Wilshire said:
    Here's the link to the new commercial if nobody has seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL4aTvcNqKo

Skull Knight!

This older one has Casca, Behelit, and Zodd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqSkxKAKFM

Skullknight looks positively badass. I am definitely looking forward to this. 8D
  2. Kirita

New Berserk Anime Project Launching

And to further prove it, I also have a link to the promotional material for it on youtube.

Voila.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo
  3. Kirita

The Bugs and Glitch Thread

As I started up Berserk, I notice there is a couple irritating things. One: There is a script error. Specifically I'm fairly certain it tries to start up script 295 during the Male/Female storyline but fails to.

And I encountered a bug where I cannot leave Champa after doing a quest that involved assassinating a local merchant.
  4. Kirita

New Companions Project

bloodymerc said:
    If Guts happens to have new canon companions, does that mean some existing non-canon companions have to be removed?

I don't think so, no. Unless the engine itself goes to hell if the new canon companions are implemented, I imagine the whole process would be less about putting them in and more about how you would go about putting them in.

...why does everything I say come out horribly perverse?
  5. Kirita

WB Port didn't turn out as planned...

Awesome news. I haven't really got to try out Warband, so this will give me a definitive chance for Warband with this port.
  6. Kirita

I feel like a jerk (spoilerz)

Truly, Griffith is a damaged guy; no doubt about it. His intentions and the way he did it was all very in character and understandable. And really, half-way I can't help but feel sorry for the guy sometimes and hate him others. The vision of him and Casca wasn't too bad, honestly. And seeing him ruined to the point he was is still heart-wrenching.

Still can't help but shake my fist at him a lot, even if I do feel sorry for the chap. As for the Casca/Griffith thing, I was okay with it, but uh..well. After the whole Femto deal my 'okay' turned to 'well now, that's going to be counter-productive!'. So..yeah. Griffith's intentions and everything are understandable; he's still just one of those characters you can hate...to love, or love to hate, at times. I like him for that, too. One of the few in the manga these days that are interesting to read even after some of the facts.

-Kiri.
  7. Kirita

Names of soundtracks?

I really like Forces and Forces (God Hand remix.) the most, out of the soundtracks for Berserk. Susumu Hirawa is awesome. I do wish they'd play during big important Quickbattles, though. Would make it all the more awesome, but that's my two cents. And my two cents have never amounted to much.

._.;

-Kiri.
  8. Kirita

How the hell do I convince someone to read Berserk.

Lie. Tell him it's all about happiness and joy and all this other crap. /sarcasm.

But in all seriousness, just lay down a synopsis that goes something like:

'In a world where men don't die, and women are as chaste as ever, there is one who dares to stand against it! HIS NAME IS GATTSU! The Black Swordsman!'

Gomen, gomen. I can't help it. I'm hyped up on sugar.

But to get him interested...humn. What does he like in a manga? Try telling all the sell-sell points of it, like the political intrique, the violence, the excellent story...the characters! The arcs! Really, just..try to warm him up to the idea, and let him read a few chapters; hell, read him a chapter from way in the future of Berserk, that's mysterious and sort of cliff-hangy. That might get him on edge and want to read from chapter 1 all the way through.

Try all different methods~ Except for the two I posted before my sensible one's. Those were just me being sarcastic, and I apologize.

-Kiri.
  9. Kirita

Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

Historically speaking, which this game, while loosley based on History as per the subtle references as the Khergits resembling the Mongols, just to name one example, isn't '100%' or even really 67%  accurate, -- my bet's on about 42%, give or take some -- I would say Dual-Wielding is actually a solid plan, if implemented right.

Before anyone goes complete batty on me, I'll give my reasons in the follower, Bulletin? type way:

* Historical *

Historically, Dual-Wielding was seen as early as the Roman Empire. I can see some rolling their eyes here, but there is evidence of Roman Gladiates using Spears and nets, sometimes even utilizing Spears and short daggers/short swords. By using the larger weapon to parry an iniat strike, an unseen strike could be made from the offhand weapon, and back then, such a strike to the gut meant death. If not, they would just stab their spear into you, twist, and you're done for, if they felt like you were worthy enough to have that done.

Romans mostly utilized shields, but as I've said, some have utilized dual weaponry. It has a use -- not full-sized weapons, that's just ridiculous -- but one big, one small. Now, I haven't read all of this thread -- not even half -- but I'm throwing my two cents in here, as I like to akin myself to somewhat knowledgable on this matter. Argue my intelligence if you like, because I'll not respond to the baiting, fyi, but continuing on.

As the centuries pass, Dual-Wielding was seen in off occurances here and there. The Samurai used a Daimyou combination -- a wakizashi and katana -- for specific reasons. Not to preserve their honor, but because it was practical. It took years to master, but when you did master it, you basically became a wrecking ball. There's no collection of the Samurai ever using shields, as I remember, either. As stated earlier, the most common techniques they developed were dual-weaponry, or two-handed weaponry, and they were damn good at both.

Now, the science behind dual-weaponry says it's more practical than a Shield/Sword combo. Now you might ask why. Well, in some cases, the shield is more durable than a weapon, right? Not when it's taking a literal beatdown, it isn't. The shield took much of a beatdown, and unless it was the strongest alloy of the time, the shield was wore down just as quickly as a weapon would be, if not a bit faster, due to the overuse of shields, and their more wooden increments. Nowadays, shields can be made of steel, and are ten times more durable, but if we're talking back then, steel wasn't in abudance, nor was Iron. Wood, Bronze, were the material of the day, though later on, iron, and steel became more widely used. I would say roughly, circa...1400's, for steel, 1200 for Iron, and the earlier periods widely used Bronze and Wood. Now, before you call me out, and point out the Romans as having steel, remember these words: A the Romans didn't discover such materials until circa, or around 600-800 B.C. It wasn't until the Medieval Ages that Iron and Steel became -widely- used. I say widely because the reason the Romans were so successful relied in their technology, formations, tactics, and innovation. They were the Wright Brothers of the day, so to speak.

All that could be durge to some, but eh. I'm going onward. Now, to advocate Dual-Wielding, I would say, again, the -maximum- use would be allowed the left handed, or larger weapon to be used as a temporary shield -- though it might be trouble, why not add durability to the larger weapons when they're specifically used to block? That might be an interesting feature to consider, but I digress, moving on -- while being able to strike with the smaller blade for a surprise strike? It's feasible, -and- historically, quite correct, tactically sound, too. Full weapons, no, but two weapons? IT both intimidates, and shocks onlookers. A such crowd could be confused, or going 'what the hell' at them, but they would not only be, say, intimidation. Those who knew how to use them in this manner were dangerous -- masters were even more dangerous, arguably so without the shield.

Ambidexterity factors in with the shield bit, yes -- this much I won't deny -- however, with training, such ambidexterity could be made by training the brain to compensate for the added weight within the hand, and the skill needed to use it. Obviously, effective use requires massive training, and if historical accuracy is to be used, it's 'block' feature would have to be invariably less durability for repeated hits on the same weapon, which would wear it down quicker than it were, say, steel, which would be more durable than iron, or bronze. As a bit of accuracy on the weapons, the defense should be increased against melee opponents, but have no coverage for missiles, so that way it focuses on being really, a good choice for melee, but bad for large battles with enemies mostly comprised of Archers.

As someone said though, if the developers want Dual Wielding we'll see Dual Wielding, if not, then not.

There are -many- factors in this, and I could go on for ages: Shield bashing, more defense for the shield, etc. but there's just so much to cover. I'll throw this post out, see if anyone takes notice of it, or cares to try and start an intellectual discussion. If not, I'll just..go over the corner, sulk, and eat my waffles in solemn indignity, sulking about why no one ever seems to like to start intellectual discussion with me.
    /end.

P.S: Any of those who 'flame' such a response, will just be covertly passed by, until someone with dignity comes along, and points out any mistakes I have made. If I did, I apologize for those historical inaccuracies or somesuch, and I'll fix them up. For what it's worth though, I think I got it -mostly- on the spot, though some clarification could help.

Modification: Added things for clarity, and giving a few off-handed suggestions and such.
    ~Kirita, the Mad Hatter.
  10. Kirita

Cant get it installed

Here's a possible solution:

1: Right Click the 'Start' button which should have the red, green, blue ,yellow windows icon on it, and click explore.

2: Go to the Mount and Blade directory [should be Program Files ----> Mount and Blade]

3: Click the expand, or 'triangle' next to it, that should open the folders up.

4: Now, open up your Revenge of the Berserk WinRar, and keep those two side by side for a moment.

5: Once you've done that, click the folder that says 'Revenge of the Berserk' as it's file name, and move it to Mount and Blade: Module folder. [Note: Moving means just clicking and dragging the folder. Everything in the folder will be there, so don't worry.]

6: Once that's done, if you're running Vista a window saying Windows needs your permission to continue the operation.

7: Click continue, and it should do the rest of the work for you, taking a few minutes at most, seconds at least.

Solution 2: If the above solution doesn't work, I can try to explain it a little bit better. I'm not good at explanations, but here goes.

It's basically just opening up the Mount and Blade folder, and the Winrar, and moving the Revenge of the Berserk folder directly onto the Mount and Blade modules folder. If that helps any in my explanation. If not, then...then I'm going to just go over in that corner and sulk for an hour. ;~;
  11. Kirita

New Companions Project

Code:
    0x000000000000300159eb6846938d129800000000001db4d50000000000000000
    This is as far as I could get to adequately represent her, as that's the only hair texture I can find that 'fits', using the braid, but the below is probably the better one in terms for what I was 'thinking' and going for, but couldn't rightly achieve.
    Code:
    0x000000002b0c100538d3d22a99b22adb00000000001d5be60000000000000000
  12. Kirita

New Companions Project

Will do! Before I get to it, is there any face textures mods out there that could [potentially] cause problems for use? If so, I'd like to know a bit before I go in and try to find the right face/hair textures, because I've got quite a few such Hair Texture downloads. If not, then I think it'll be safe to say I hope to come back with it soon~

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum as well, and for the compliments.~

13. Kirita

New Companions Project

Sweet. Sounds like a bombshell of a setup. Thanks a lot, I really do mean it.
  14. Kirita

New Companions Project

Let's see...Oops. I meant Manriki chain, but yeah. I found one. Don't know if this'll show up since I'm no coding expert with the IMG deal, but here goes nothin'.

This image's is freaking huge, so I'm going to just throw it in Link mode. At least, Forum wise it's freaking huge. >>> http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XGWR7A7EL._SL500_AA280_.jpg <<<

Here's a rough estimate of one. I have a couple other's to throw up in comparison to the original.

Manriki_Chain-Chrome.jpg

This one's a bit small, but it does for nice comparing..and lastly...

41XGWR7A7EL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This one here is the Manriki at -mostly- full length. Can't find one stretched out, though, but these are the Manriki chains I was talking about. As I recall, their main appeal was being able to bash the opponent with the weights attached or entangle them. In my opinion, it seemed like one of the better weapon choices, but didn't know if it could work in-game terms.
  15. Kirita

New Companions Project

I apologize if all the companions have already been decided, but I am very much enjoying this mod; I'm a bit new here, but I do pray my idea doesn't come off too standoffish or idiotic or anything, so I apologize ahead of time if this happens so, and I am a bit nervous....aheh. So...here it goes, and if it doesn't get accepted, then that's just luck. As an added note, I'm not 'for sure' where she might fit in; any help or suggestions is looked upon with happiness and glee, and I'll be happy to change/edit to reflect the suggestions and such. If the lore doesn't fit in, I'll change that, as well.

I just need to know if there's anything I need to do better, or I did wrong..or you know, as well as where she might, in fact, fit in with the storyline, in either Male/Female generic, Guts Storyline/ Gutts Ally. Thanks in advance~! If I'm too late, as well, then let me know. @@;

Name: Kera

The way this situation is panning out, is very...uhm...'improbable'..say, Cap'n. Whatcha thinkin'? We kick their asses now, or wait for the others? I'm more inclned for now, but whatever you say goes, Cap'n.' 

Race: Human

Appearance: Leaning casually against the walled solidarity of the building behind her, its shadow encomposing a small, lithe frame with lightly colored long hair, tussled in a few curls with a single, braided piece hanging loosely to the left side of her face, she appears, at a first observation, to be younger than she truly is, lightly colored lips pursed in the faintest smile, saturated hues glancing out of silent, pondering curiosity to the ongoings about her, a purple bandanna folded across her forehead, tied around the back in the simplest of knots, left limb resting atop her hip, the right leisurely hanging out to a side. At a glance her complexion appears to be blackened; however upon closer inspection, it proposes differently, that such skin color is more of a light tan than of a dark palette. Her clothes don't seem out of the ordinary; fairly normal, ordained clothing befitting more of a subterfugal character, tempered leather adorning her chest, legs, and hands, with nary a helmet within plain, nor concealed sight.

Background: Birthed by the contrived, and concealed union between a fairly unknown woman, and a noble of fair fame within the city of Wyndham, immediate parental abandonment forced her, as a small, eight year old child, onto the survival instincts for the first few years, of a street urchin, snatching many a piece of bread and water thrice a week, if she were lucky. When the age of 16 had came around the corner, she made her way out of Wyndham, and, for much of her time, spent foraging for herself outwardly, learning some guerilla warfare tactics against larger bodies of armies, using her knowledge to sap them of their goods and flee before they could snatch her up in nary a minutes time. Quick witted, intelligent, and tactical minded, sometimes she would often grab tools from these 'raids', and work on engineering capacities. She wasn't the best engineer at first, but with time, this skill came to outgrow many of her other skills learned within hunting. In fact, she would call her inventive, unique and quick constructions her 'precious creations.'

Such was the tool of the trade, and she learned it well. By this time, years had passed. Nearly 10 years had passed, and many things began to change within the world. Sights, rumors of the Black Swordsman, and many others. Curious by even a fraction, she decided to settle within a small noble's town, bathing within the alleyway nearest a building, closer to the Shops, and marketplace, hoping to not only catch a glimpse of this man, but perhaps even speak with him. After all, if he planned to 'unite the land', such was the fanatical tale of many stories -- many of which ended rather happily as she so satrically recall -- a useful component as any, she was not much of a fighter, but a more than capable engineer, tracker, and even a bit of tactical know-how was how she excelled, and she hoped that perhaps, just perhaps...this man would agree.

Personality: Intelligently minded with few fits of unrestrained rage against Midland's 'elite' noble ranks, and those who would look down on the povertous with disdain and distaste, she has shown an slight inclination to offhandedly remark at the obscene improbabilty of success on missions of seeming overwhelming odds, coming from assessing the situation,  before shrugging it off, and saying, in almost an upbeat, cheery tone:  'Heh. As if this isn't the first freakin' impossible situation. Well, Cap'n, I'd say we're on for one hell offa' ride.' Possibly due to this, her comments come off as snarky, though nothing overly meant to be insulting; rather, it is more on the situation than any of those involved -- unless they happen to be Midlan Nobles. Then, that is when her snark behavior turns quite possibly, snarkier and more insulting. But only when a Midland noble -- or even just someone from Midland -- is present. Otherwise, she's quite okay with people from anywhere, except Midland, though she can still sometimes remark on a person she likes or dislikes, on the offhanded occasion.

Fighting style: Typically fighting up close, her preferred weapon is a mankiri chain in most close-combat situations, though she also rather enjoys the one handed axe. Going into battle with speed a priority, she's more of the maneuverability-and-speed-over-pure-strength types, but should she find up-close inadvisable, a quick switch to her preferred Ranged Throwing Daggers/Axes finds the Ranged situation in a much more favorable tune. Until she runs out of Axes and Daggers, of course. Preferring swiftness, but without extensive training in riding a horse; she knows enough to saddle and ride one, but definitely not the Calvary type; in fact, she much prefers heading on foot, but if the need does arise -- and sometimes it does -- she will don a horse, though it is doubtful she will enjoy it much, one of her key complaints being 'If this ain't my deathbed, then this saddle's gonna' cause me some serious whackage!'

If there's anything wrong with the above, or anything you think needs changing or modifying, please do; constructive criticism is fine, and if I made any mistakes, again, I apologize and I'll correct them, and edit as needed. Thank you for reading this [if you do]. And if the Mankiri Chain idea proves too stupid/difficult to put in, I can change that in a pinch, if it should be needed, and if it is, it'll be edited as soon as a flaaaash!

Ciao',
            --Kirita

Back
Top Bottom