Recent content by Khior

1. Not in a very helpful mood, are you?

Not wanting to continue this troll-thread here, but..

I think to have a bit of common sense and i look for rules before doin' something.. and i can assure you that when i asked something, everybody answer'd me in the best way possible.

BUT, when you need to underline stuff that should be obvious, and people ignore that anyway.. than i think there's really no need to cuddle the guy.
    The fact that people here has short patience for that kind of stuff, in my eyes is just a sign of maturity instead of bad attitude.. if you add that no one pays 'em to say the same answer for the 100th time, or put a Q&A thread, say to use it, and then answer in the 100th thread open'd just to ask the same question again.
    Regardin' the fact that it seems to you that they try to scare people away.. well.. again, no one pays 'em if people play the mod.. and the mod is as good as it is that they don't need to fake to be polite when people don't deserve it, just to make 'em play the mod.. just look at the number of posts per day.. people are scared away? Doesn't seem so..

As stated, just use common sense and people on this forum answer with a good attitude.. just look at Q&A thread.. most of it are polite answers.. but if ask the same question again and again.. you don't follow rules.. and stuff like that, no one should even answer you.
  2. Extremly minus

*sigh* .. i'll never understand these complaints..

1) This mod is supposed to be hard.. it's explicitly explained everywhere and everyone will tell you that.
    2) There are people who play this mod without unbeatable obstacles or complainings what-so-ever.
    3) Even if you don't meet unbeatable obstacles, you can't expect to proceed as fast as other mods around.. (if you "finish" a game under 800 days it's *clap clap* here..)
    4) Tournaments are an example.. if you expect the native difficulty, you're in for a beating.. more so if we take noldor tournament in consideration.. even in end-end-end game, you can die before having the time to say "oh, an arrow!".

Not to be rude but.. complainin' like that and you're just pointin' out that you're not as "experienced" as others who play "here" .. so.. well, we're glad that you use a topic to let us know it, but it's not a problem of the mod..

Just toss a 1/4 reduced damage if you really can't win tournaments.. if that's not enough.. well.. wrong mod.. :wink:

Goin' straight to your questions:

1) I'm not sure i understood "buy a land" .. you mean you built stuff there? you'll lose income if you lose the town.. be it they conquer it or you leave the faction

2) Yup.. they're yours for the taking as long they're under the limit level.. speaking of heretics, doomguides are in fact good troops :wink:
  3. Garneeve?

The quest to join dark side is much later the point you are now, so it's ok you don't have it :smile:

The speech option for news in tavern.. you ALWAYS have it.. if you're in the wrong town it just speaks about the usual warband quests.. if your're in the right town, it speaks about the national tournament.
    It's a "warband native" speech option.. so if you say you don't have it.. you're doin' somethin' wrong :smile:

Talk to the innkeeper.. that's pretty much the thing to do.. if it speaks about native quests and such.. exit and go to another town :smile:
  4. Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

You won't consider it a bug most probably, but just for reference so at least you can say "yep i know it but it's not problem of mine" whenever they tell you it, TweakMb goes No-No with this mod.. it tries to cast an integer on a string if remember right (not at the gamin' pc atm).

First time i see it ever :wink:
  5. New patch of English translation is released

Now now.. you come out with a patch like this when i wanted to refrain from finish this mod for the 5th time until chapter 2 is released.. pure evil i'd say :wink:
  6. Weird numbers before Unit name

I guess everyone feel awkward with 'em at first.. but there are really so many troops in the mods that you soon find out you can't live without 'em :smile:

The first impact with every mod that uses no-native troops is "Why the hell there aren't tier numbers like in Floris?" :smile:

Probably/Maybe/it's possibile with faction troops if you study the troops' tree well enough.. (which is much worse than having numbers to begin with).. but if you consider mercenaries too..... ARGH! remove 'em and i'll delete the mod right away :smile:
  7. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

mastervillois said:
    no, this saved game was not tweaked, i always play two games on different computers (laptop and desktop): an easy one with easy choices is on my desktop, and a clean one with hard choices is in my laptop in my car. i even play while the car is moving, to make it more hardcore, yeah, that is how much i love this Mod. Mind me i know i am not suppose to mettle with the occult (hope that is how u say it).

More criminal than hardcore i'd say! I hope we live very far from each other  :shock:
  8. Quick Questions/Quick Answers thread

That's strange if you follow the guide.. i ended up Dark side without even tryin'  :oops:
  9. What are your favorite factions troops ?

Well.. i may have a fetish for archers but i usually have an all ranged army :smile:
    Silvermist + Noldor ranger + Ebony Gauntlet.. 50-50 between silvermist and Ebony but spots forcily taken by companions and Noldor (when i want to recruit 'em).

Just charge companions when enemy cavarly approches and they usually clash in front of archers so they are easy targets and leave archers be.. Diev and Leth can hit guys acroos 3/4 of battlefield, which make enemies charge and it helps with tactics above :smile:
    I feel a bit of pain against jatu and earlier waves of snake cults/heretics (those damn'd demons!!!) but nothing i can't handle :smile:
  10. Any Progress?

I'm a software developer myself, so i know better than to poke people workin' on this with a stick.. on the other hand, i feel i can't completely blame him for askin' when mods that you wait so much have 0 posts in a day.. on the other hand (yes, we have three hands), developers should see this costant pokin' as a praise of their work.. no one waits so badly for a poor work :smile:
  11. Anyway to cheat for items?

Well.. you can always use morgh's.. find the horse you want.. give it the merchandise flag, give it only the attribute you want (champion i guess), give it a high abundance value (200 should be enough) and you should find it in pretty every town.. probably without attribute a couple of times but with champion sooner or later.

Sure, not fond of tricks like those.. but that should help :wink:
    But as stated, plain cheat mode should be easier (never done myself though)
  12. Custom Knighthood Order Upgrade Times

Thanks for pointin' that out.. as i said i didn't try it, and i just deducted it by people's sarcasm in the aswers (which now, i suppose, it's actually due to "backup" data and not to item prices relation)

That doesn't change the "use search" stuff though :smile:
  13. Custom Knighthood Order Upgrade Times

Stalwart_Defender said:
    Haven't messed with it in a while MV, when did you change it?

Well.. people continue to say that it depends on item prices, and every time there's a ironic feedback.. never tried it, but i suppose it was never dependant on item prices and people didn't understand the sarcasm behind those answers :wink:

I saw answers/workarounds a few times (no item prices related), even without searching for 'em, so they're not hidden or anything.. a good "search" is always good before posting the same question for the 100th time.. no offense intended, but it's bothering seein' the same question pretty everyday.
  14. Energy Strike + couched damage

Well.. couched damage should be insta-kill for pretty everything out there :smile:
    Of course, you could do it against a guy who runs away from you at 1% less speed.. but that would mean 4-5 dmg even with energy strike :smile:
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Someone might correct me since i don't bother givin' it thought in every mod i play, but i no-brainly always go with dyeworks (the 10k one)
Back
Top Bottom