Recent content by Joshua Ryde

1. [TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Thanks for the rapid replies! From the sounds of it the better gear they get the more expensive they become??
    I meant that they're starting cost from the day i founded my order was 121 for the Knights of my Order....they'd better not become more pricey otherwise they'll be entering Hero Adventurer cost :O :sad:
    But thanks for the info, very helpful - might just stick with upgrading Silvermist Rangers since with 4 upgrades (150k) they end up being better than Noldor Rangers stat wise (- Noldor Bow).
  2. [TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Hiya to mods! Long time player of PoP, haven't been on forums for a while.
    Loving 3.7, first time i've made my own CKO.
    One question - my KO knights cost 121 compared to Knights of the Lion who currently cost 74 due to leadership reduction costs; is there any reason why they are so absurdly high for a unit? And is there any way i can reduce the cost because i am currently housing 70 of them just from random recruitment in my city even though they are useless (no armor or weapons atm). they are costing nearly 10k per week alongside the sergeants of the KO....what can i do?

Thanks v much
  3. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

rellum said:
    How do I turn land assets owned in towns into cash?

Go back to that town once a week and there should be the rent from that land.
    You will automatically collect it when you visit the landlords & money lenders.
  4. Discussion + Suggestions

themendios said:
    Playing 0.75, Zann still peace out with everyone almost instantly but they aren't wiped off the map yet.  They really need better troops too, they're just exp pinatas at the moment.  Something above Mounted Berserkers and the foot guys that's comparable to the other factions.

Also I like more money from the landlords thing (which I do actually like because you have to go to that town to collect and you can move your money around as you change bases) but moving it to weekly and 3x money = 6x money.  50 acres in Forniron was giving me 6 digit payouts and I just reinvested them elsewhere and I have the most amount of money I've ever had.

Maybe just try weekly 1.5x - it was way too low and biweekly was dumb with everything else being weekly but this is too much.  Don't remove it though!

shhhhh :wink:
    I agree it is a lot of money, but also necessary to some extent because now i'm actually able to keep an army of 350+ without being bankrupt instantly - the only issue is morale ofc.
    But saying that, i am just constantly re-investing my money into the 3-4 towns i hold on the edge of the map (Uliastai, Khul Vara, Arish) and getingg a few hundred thousand each week on top of production enterprises in every single city on the map. 3k-6k + rent + taxes + land plot rent = 100-300k a week
    Thanks
  5. Version 0.772 Released!

Hello :smile:
    How is it possible to recruit soldiers from a faction that does not exist any more?
    I wiped out Realm of the Falcon within 3 days flat on my own (i know, i don't know what they were doing, but took each castle and just moved to the other - the lords didn't even try to take them back and then they all disbanded :O )...but now i can't recruit their soldiers - i have a large stockpile of their units in my city (nearly a hundred of varying ranks) but i can' recruit more than a few at a time from prisoner party for some reason.
    Is there a way to recruit more of them cos i do like them.
    Thanks
  6. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Apologies if already posted - my relation went from 0-100 when i told a lady that i admired her. i had virtually no renown or anything (it was within the first few days of the game)...so i married her and annoyed her father a bit.
    One of the few bugs i've seen in the new patch, so well done!
  7. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

MelanieWard said:
    Joshua Ryde said:
    Dear devs, i have been a long-time player of this mod and i love it.
    Just wondering, in the new Patch .75 (which is amazing, so thank you once again)...what are the requirements for recruiting the travelling bands of Perisno Pilgrims?
    i have just asked one such group and the usual dialogue of "i'm not the one you're looking for" has appeared - i dont know what to do.
    My current character report reads as:
    Renown: 714      Honor Rating: 33          Right to Rule: 99
    I have 1 city and 3 villages in my own name as my own kingdom ("Samarius' Unified Lands")

What do i need to change/improve to allow me to recruit them?
    thank you

As I recall, one must improve relation with Commoners Faction.  There is no active way to do it -- I think you must enter a battle and help Pilgrims, Rivermen, or Scholars a number of times.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info Melanie! :smile:
    Another question (sorry :razz: )...scholars!!!? is this a new party around Galwe i haven't bumped into yet?
    i know there were plans for some sort of "Great Library of Galwe" but didn't follow up on it.
    Thanks
  8. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Dear devs, i have been a long-time player of this mod and i love it.
    Just wondering, in the new Patch .75 (which is amazing, so thank you once again)...what are the requirements for recruiting the travelling bands of Perisno Pilgrims?
    i have just asked one such group and the usual dialogue of "i'm not the one you're looking for" has appeared - i dont know what to do.
    My current character report reads as:
    Renown: 714      Honor Rating: 33          Right to Rule: 99
    I have 1 city and 3 villages in my own name as my own kingdom ("Samarius' Unified Lands")

What do i need to change/improve to allow me to recruit them?
    thank you
  9. Version 0.772 Released!

Not sure where this should go if i'm honest.
    So far .75 is looking great, but for the first time i actually walked around Fountain hall.
    just wanted to say....wow. big wow. huge shout out to whoever implemented that and designed it, because wtf - that is beyond something i was expecting.
    Just wanted to say thanks again for a great mod! :grin:

EDIT: just been to Karnoth as well - *clap clap*

I presume it was silberfalke from the sneakily added name of the horse master in Fountain Hall :wink:
  10. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Alindel now costs 18,000 aurums?!?
    may not be a bug considering how his armor looks and his skills though...
  11. Version 0.772 Released!

the tension is killing me
    do you WANT my finger to break on the f5 key?  :wink:  :wink:

Truly patience is a virtue
  12. Version 0.772 Released!

Michadr said:
    Joshua Ryde said:
    Michadr said:
    Joshua Ryde said:
    Hello Devs and Perisno Fanatics;
    I apologise greatly if this has been mentioned numerous times (and i'm sure it has), but i'm returning from a hiatus to this wonderful and see there is an eagerly awaited patch "coming out" - 0.75.
    May i ask for a time-frame as to its development; i don't want to start a .74 game if it isn't save compatible :/
    Are we looking at weeks (in development), months (in the ideas stage)?
    No pressure at all, just for interests of me starting a new game or waiting a little while.

Thanks so much, honestly my favourite mod!!
    This week  :party:

:party: :party: :party: :party: indeed!
    wow, what perfect timing for a return.
    Is it save compatible?
    Have you seen the size of the changelog :wink:
    In short, no it's not.

In long, with all the changes, it would be impossible to keep the save game compatibility. That's just the way of the warband engine.

sunsstorm said:
    as a cherry on the cake0.75, maybe you increase the speed  to war elephants up to 40 :iamamoron:, and in return you can increase their cost to 150 :twisted:.
    Poor elephants would die of a heat stroke :wink:

It is an impressive changelog i must admit!
    Just a hope :wink:
    But okay, thank you. i will wait before playing just for a week.
  13. Version 0.772 Released!

Michadr said:
    Joshua Ryde said:
    I apologise greatly if this has been mentioned numerous times (and i'm sure it has), but i'm returning from a hiatus to this wonderful and see there is an eagerly awaited patch "coming out" - 0.75.
    May i ask for a time-frame as to its development; i don't want to start a .74 game if it isn't save compatible :/
    No pressure at all, just for interests of me starting a new game or waiting a little while.

This week  :party:

:party: :party: :party: :party: indeed!
    wow, what perfect timing for a return.
    Is it save compatible?
  14. Version 0.772 Released!

15. Version in Development - 0.8

Silberfalke said:
    MelanieWard said:
    Joshua Ryde said:
    I think that idea about the hamlets sounds great.
    Not sure how easy (if even possible) it would be to set up a hamlet (e.g. if you've started your kingdom and want a line of defense in between a pass or something), but certainly if several are added (2-3 for each faction?) on the original boundaries of each factions' starting areas, i thin it would add a cool thing to the game.
    Especially if you've founded your kingdom of Perisno it would really help to have that little defense mechanism to help fight someone like the Redwoods.
    One question; would you be able to place troops in these hamlets? not take them out, but increase their army size so they venture out more oten.
    Thanks

I'd have it so the Hamlet Defence Garrison would be upgradeable.
    (default) normal village defenders
    (upgrade#1) normal village defenders + Sergeant of the Guard, 5 Village Guards, and 5 Huntresses
    (upgrade#2) normal village defenders + Captain of the Guard, 10 Village Guards, and 10 Huntresses
    Any attempt to Conquer the Hamlet would require defeating the defenders after a required preparation period (maybe 4 hours default, 8 hours @ Upgrade#1, 12 hours @ Upgrade#2).
    If we add a "fort" upgrade to the Hamlet, we could allow the player to garrison additional troops there (like a castle) and possibly replace the normal village map with one that had a small wooden fort.  Endless possibilities  :smile:

As far as Kingdom Patrols go, the mechanism exists already.  Create a patrol in the capital and send it to the Hamlet.  It will then patrol and defend that area.
    Some very interesting thoughts there I must say. We'll discuss it and post about it here again.
    I like the idea! :smile:

WOO!!!
    its gonna be in 0.8 :wink: all hail Silberfalke
    :razz: :grin:  :twisted:
Back
Top Bottom