Recent content by Jopz

1. Knights the Last Battle ver 1

Ive been playing few hours with 1.131 now, havent notice anything weird or buggy yet....

Nice mod btw...
  2. {bug} Invalid Quest ID for Resolve Dispute and freezing on gift quest

Those should be fixed some time ago, they have been working for me atleast last couple patch...

What version are u playing pada?
  3. May I suggest a course of action

Tres Huevos,

i think your right about that,
    but i have renown way over 1000 and almost all lords and king are my friends. About 450 days, so not early game.
    I would think that this point, they would follow me in battle if i ask them... whats the point of the dialog option, if they just follow but dont take part in any action?
    Yes, they will join in openfield battle but they do that without asking them to follow...
  4. Congratulation for the new Patch 1.110

Zolcos said:
    I'm more excited about the new change "NPC soldiers should now climb siege ladders without problem" although I haven't had a chance to try that yet

It worked just about perfectly for me, actually first time i saw that in defending my castle... my men actually rush down siegetower and crush the enemy.
    When attacking castle with 700 men, it didnt take too long before our men was inside castle, no problems climbing ladders at all.

Narmy said:
    I don't know if 1.110 fixes it, but I completed one dispute quest from my wife and am never able to complete any more. She gives them to me, but there are no options when talking to the targets.

I did 3 dispute quests from my wife in short time (in 2 weeks i think), worked nicely.
  5. Warband 1.110 changelog

I havent notice anything negative on this patch... whats broken?
    I also havent ever seen any invisible barriers on warband... though i dont play multiplayer...

And i like new crosshair  :oops:
  6. May I suggest a course of action

Madf11 said:
    In order to tell multi lords to siege you gotta tell them to siege before the (under siege) is displayed under the desired location

I notice same thing, though, i have tried couple times it seems there is something odd, or i just dont know how to do it.
    If you tell few lords to go siege castle, and then you siege it before they can, they will stay with you while sieging... but necessary none of them will follow you to attack... they didnt even we had 8x more men then castle.
    If you wait until one of the lords to start siege, you get option with the same lord who started siege (together we can capture castle) and hes the only one who goes in battle with you...

It ofcourse could be just my game and some random calculation why they dont follow me in assault...
  7. Helping install a new leader worth it?

Puerkl8r said:
    That's unfortunate, ransoms are a primary source of income after being given some castles :S

Well, there is still 5 other factions to fight with... and probably you have to fight with some of them at same time.
  8. Can you settle for peace? Do Marshalls get awarded fiefs more easily?

What ive notice,
    more friends among lords, more support you get.
    And you once ask support and they say " yes, i will support you"  - it seems that you dont need to ask that again, they will allways support you, but your controversy has to be low and dont loose their trust.
    There is several fiefless lords in our faction but still i get most of the fiefs without asking (i dont take them all though)
    I dont know about those multipliers or numbers, but friendship and controversy seems to be the thing.

Btw, i had that same script error but it went away after i made clean install with 1.105
  9. supporting some one else for the throne?

In the end, you have to conquer his/her lands too before you can be The dominator!

so, it doesnt make your way up any faster....
  10. How not to kill the horse

Yes i do. I did play long time in first person in original, but the view is so limited that it doesnt feel good. And makes me dizzy after couple hours of play^^
    I tried first person in Warband too, but it didnt feel any better...
  11. How not to kill the horse

I love the game and ive been playing MB for a long time also...
    I have spend hours to learn this new system and i have learn pretty well.... but.... it doesnt make it any better.
    I dont like new system. I know many people says its better but i think its worse.

They say you get more control with new system... well, i say you get more out of control with new system. When hitting cavalry coming towards, you really need to look way over his head, wich feels wierd... old system you were aiming/watching exactly enemy.
    When hitting infantry, you need to aim your toes, or you will swing over head, and you cant see anything around you. Feels very wierd also. Plus, when you are riding toward infantry you cant keep your aim at his head/back, you have to turn you aim lower and lower closer you get, otherwaise your hitting angle will change just before you are going to hit, wich also feels really wierd. I mean, if im aiming something, why would i suddenly change my positioning so i cant hit that target anymore?
    People also says that old system you need to aim really low, but i have to disagree on that. In old system you didnt need to go so close to enemy as you need with new system. My opinion, your aiming points were much closer to each other, now you need do lots of movement differently, depending are you aiming cavalry or infantry...
    Old system just felt more "natural"

Well, i dont know, i bet new system is much better for multiplayer and maybe for lancing too... but i want to play with my sword too.
    And this system is not ment for swordfighting on horseback.

Well, this is my feelings and my opinion, im not gonna start fight with anyone is it better or not, if you like it, then its good for you.
    And i can play with this system, just dont understand it  :wink:
  12. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

I would also love that battle continues after i get knocked out...
    I just wonder why it havent been installed in MB or Warband originally... kind of silly feature i think.
  13. [SUGGESTION] Setup formations BEFORE battle

Rad said:
    if that thing which you suggest here was so important and great for this game, so in this case it would have it implemented a long time ago in itself and if not in basic game so then in some of bunch of mods. But there isn't anything like that here and it is not for the reason nobody was able to invent, suggest and realize something like that but rather for the reason it isn't necessary here.

I guess u havent play game that long either... i remember, and probably could find few of those topics from couple years ago where was asked to add something to command troops/battle start

Here is topic about formations, started 2005. I think that has something to do with using tactics in battle...
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,2975.1335.html

Here is topic about starting situation in battle, started 2006
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,14636.0.html

Another topic for changing troop commands, started 2006
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,15045.0.html

And there is many more if need to...
    Lots of these things, mentioned in those topics, is changed/improved since 2005. So why couldnt they change that battle start so you could give orders/make formations before real action starts?

Even someone has played game only short time, why cant he suggest some changes or improvements?
    Without active forum and lots of suggestion, i dont think game would be as awesome as it is today....
    No offense here Rad, but cant quite understand your point of view...
  14. King Harlaus is a Coward!

Lol, Swadian Lords are cowards and backstabbers... 4 of them has allready left Swadian (propably the smart ones).
    When they are in war, they fight 2 weeks, after that all of Lords are healing their wounds in castles... And usually war ends. They havent manage capture anything in my game, instead they have lost 3 castles...
    But actually King Harlaus might have been doing most of the fighting in game... though he (only) has 200 men army.

But i cant say Vaegirs are any better... they change their opinions like normal people changes socks. And King Yaroglek is old and stupid, he has no idea what he should do. Only thing hes good at, is giving fiefs to himself...
    2 times now, when were capturing town, he cant wait until siege is over... war ends.
    Vaegirs also likes to have feasts in middle of war in 3 fronts :smile:
    Im pretty close to kick that Yarogleks butt and start my own faction... i think i hate nobles...

I guess Nords are only smart ones there, they allways captures one castle - after that they make peace. When they get their gear back together, they start new war and captures another castle. After that they turn on peace again :smile:

Sarranids and Rhodoks has been fighting almost whole time about one city, Shariz. I think Sarranids just took that city back 3rd time...

Khergits..... well, they are Khergits....
  15. [SUGGESTION] Setup formations BEFORE battle

Strategy or not but i would prefer that "follow me" command when battle starts... 
    Especially in Warband where most of your men gets stuck because horses are so "big" if you tell them hold this position or follow me, because when battle starts it takes couple seconds before can give that order. (at least in my case because lag when army is spawning)
    Some of the cavalry and men are allready running when giving "follow me" order and this makes them come back - after that i am surrounded by men and horses and cant get anyone moving from there before spreading cavalry...
    All this takes time and that time enemy could be too close allready to organize your men.
    Most of time i charge with cavalry from very start of battle but there is situations where you really need to use some tactics against enemy... (like when being 4:1 underdog)

And besides, what kind of leader would go battle in open field without positioning his men before anything else....  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom