Recent content by joelturuz

1. joelturuz

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Ikaguia said:
    retextured it following this tutorial...
    screenshotioy.png
    Could you show it without the wireframe?
  2. joelturuz

I think this thread is about the same problem you have: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142034.msg3410212/topicseen.html#msg3410212

Al_Mansur said:
    I made two helmets and apply to them the quite nice Native's texture helmets_b, but unfortunately both are bugged in game when worn, whereas there is no problem in openBRF.

For example, this heavy andalusi helmet.
    No problems in Wings3D, and the same in the openBRF:
    6737002912332_helmeta.jpg

Now ingame:
    21462681537198_uais.jpg
    14089291259967_ouais.jpg

As you can see, some vertexes of the front of the helmet seem to have been elevated. That's is exactly the same for problem for the other helmet, but I don't have pictures.

Does someone know this problem ?
    Arch3r said:
    Ye, I had this with some helmets as well. There's a way around out with multimeshing. Just make a mini-cube in the middle (so it won't be visible as it's in the head) and name the mesh like helmet.1 and the actual helmet mesh helmet.2 It should work, although it might look screwed up in menu's than.
  3. joelturuz

Is there any news about Mount&Blade 2?

If it'll sport all those things, I'm sure almost any machine would croak :lol:
  4. joelturuz

B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Shik said:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?652hmai1l5qhylm
    ^ Sawa asked for a more metal sounds file that's compatible with cRPG so I made this
    edit: updated for .121
    Enjoy your errorless cRPG.
  5. joelturuz

Well, modeling some more is a great way to hone your skills. Tutorials and such can only help you so far.
  6. joelturuz

Faradon has, along with his mad skillz, ZBrush, which allows making very detailed bump maps along with other treats, so you'll have to work quite hard to beat him with Wings :wink:
    That model looks pretty good to me though. Will look great if properly textured.
  7. joelturuz

Horses are too vunerable

Demand what you will. I highly doubt we're getting a blocking button solely for protecting our horse. Besides, I can't count how many times a horseman's shield has blocked an attack I've aimed for the horse with it's invisible forcefield.
    I wouldn't mind getting it though. Just doubt the chance of that happening.
  8. joelturuz

Kick should be changed, in 1.130 it's useless, sign here

I hope kick is made turnable again. I don't know how much this affects normal Warband MP, but in cRPG, fighting turtles (aka heavy armored people using huscarl shield) has become a LOT harder. Trying to kick someone is more of a suicide there than something that might give you a momentarily advantage.
  9. joelturuz

First model finished without following Highelf's tutorials to the letter. Be gentle :wink:

Without Texture

Textured

403 polies before triangulation, 1084 after.

It's in game too, but at the moment it just looks like an unshiny lump of rock. I guess I'll have to look into shaders then :???:
  10. joelturuz

Two Newbie Questions About Warband (Multiplayer)

1. press X to couch your lance. Keep in mind that depending on the server's setting, the lance will stay down for limited time only, until it goes back up.

2. No, you have to thrust with it to kill anything.
  11. joelturuz

Gross balance issues, just so frustrating.

Stabbing Hobo said:
    It's weapon weight and lenght. The sprint is cancelled by pressing any other action key than "Move forward". Releasing W also stops the sprint and resets the timer. You can look around with the tilde-key and write a chat message, but once you send the message the sprint stop as there's no way of preventing W from being lifted up.
    Really? That was new to me. Thanks for correcting :smile:
  12. joelturuz

Gross balance issues, just so frustrating.

Also, if you're far from enemies, try sheathing your weapon. Weapon weight affects movement speed, albeit 1handers are usually very light.

Steeltrap said:
    - you won't get the 'run' movement bonus if you have a shield RAISED.

This applies for hitting as well. If you swing your weapon to pass the time, the movement speed bonus goes away. Same effect applies if you switch weapons and shields.
  13. joelturuz

B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Didn't see this question anywhere when I quickly browsed through the thread, so here goes:

Is this mod heavier for the computer than the original Warband?
  14. joelturuz

Is there a way for me to retrieve my key? I want to reinstall.

1. Open registry edit (go to run in the start menu, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press enter).
    2. Use find, and type this "MountAndBladeWarbandKeys" (without quotes).
    3. The serial key should be under the folder it finds.

Hope this helps!
  15. joelturuz

Defeating AI one-on-one?

When fighting an A.I. in one on one, I use kickslash a LOT. It's very easy to perform since computers mostly hug you.
Back
Top Bottom