Recent content by JerryValentine

1. Is the Forum a pit of disappointment? Yes it is :]

8 years of development and 1 year in EA and people still defend this game. I could understand if it was 3 years or something but come one. They have had nearly a decade. A decade worth of mods and other games in the series to pull from. They deserve the negativity and insults.
  2. When is TWs actually going to add a major feature?

The fact that lords don't even have proper dialogue, tells me all I need to know about this game and it development. Steam really needs to add a set amount of time or something before you can make a review. The game is at a very positive review score and it's complete bullcrap. 8 years of development and 1 year in EA and it can barely hold a candle to Viking Conquest or 1257 AD. I'm sure many of you have done so but look at old devblogs and videos to see how many things were scrapped or things they simply lied about.

I used to love Taleworlds because they created one of my favorite games yet now I could care less if they had to close down shop. Not even sure if I believe the Original Mount and Blade was actually made by husband and wife team. Seems like lie to sell more copies at the time.
  3. I'm genuinely curious.... why is it so difficult to get troops going up ladders and siege towers correctly?

Maybe the soldiers are just that afraid of heights?

Honestly I'm amazed this game has a playerbase left at all at this point. Though I suspect 90% of the current base is playing the game heavily modded - so are they really playing TW's game even?
    Diplomacy, RBM ai overhaul, and improved garrisons are pretty much necessary for me to play. Calradia at war too because its makes the world feel more lively.
  4. The 2016 Demo was better than the current game

Their employees don't even know what they lied about. He sees the current system as done? Its practically non existent. And that's ignoring the fact that you cant take over hideouts or undermine the nobility.

It's like he thinks the quest for" rival gang moving in" is what we were promised. lol

Let's not forget that relations itself barely matters. All you have to do is park a companion in a town and let the relation build for you!
  5. Patch Notes e1.5.9

You on steam too? Im having the same issue. It shows that 1.5.8 is still the Main branch as the 1.5.9 is the beta. Thing is the notes for it came out so why not the update.
    Go into betas and select "none"
  6. The 2016 Demo was better than the current game

We don't know yet. In any case I have newer bothered to learn 90% of the personalities of the lords in the Warband anyway because they did basically nothing. All I ever needed to know was the thing about the "dog" in the capture dialogue. So this is certainly not a detail I am going to miss if it will be missing.

Of course if devs manage to make personalities actually do something meaningful and matter in the game mechanic, I would only welcome that.

Yes you could. But only if you have bothered to go to Wiki and learn what answer or reactions belongs to what character type. And because it did not really mater in the grander scheme of things, I really newer bothered. As I said, the only time I wanted to know it was when I had to decide if to release captured lord or not for the +relations. And once I have learned that dishonorable ones always use word dog, that was all I needed to know about whole personality thing.
    It did matter from a roleplaying perspective. The way a lord treats you depends on how you will treat him and so on. Lords who were dishonorable would often leave while on campaign, or would leave your kingdom.

You could gain or lose relations with a lord depending his personality and certain things you did, like if you help his village and he is a dishonorable lord you would lose relation.

While not exactly amazing this system could be expanded upon especially with the current traits in bannerlord.
  7. The 2016 Demo was better than the current game

They did not had any unique dialogues, nor unique quests nor unique backgrounds.
    While the dialogs were reused between the lords as well the quests. You could tell a lot about a lord by how he responds to you in Warband. You could tell if they were honorable, dishonorable, or neutral. With bannerlord trait system, lords could have all sorts of personality. Yet nothing in game reflects that besides the encyclopedia.
  8. The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

Watch this gameplay guys, it's from 2016 as well:

The campaign was there, graphics where more or less the same, they even had the gang mechanics... 100+ people had 5 years to work with what we saw here, I'm honestly speechless.

It's a shame honestly. I prefer how this version looks more like warband. The backgrounds in all of the menus, info boxes, loading screens, and interactions just give a warband feel. It makes me realize how different the current version feels compared to previous games.

All of the clothing, armors, and objects looked more like warband from a stylistic sense too.

Shame that the version will never see the light of day.
  9. The ladders worked, the towers worked, the AI worked, everything just worked

I recommend anyone to go and check out any footage a couple years prior to release.

It will really open your eyes to how they lied to us. Like someone said, they claimed the game needed some polish and edges rounded out. That was a flat out lie.

Did they even have the campaign map then? All that video shows is a custom battle. Lol
  10. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

You don't get it. Calm down and count to 10. This is a voluntary response from an individual developer, not the company. Maybe you would be happier with no response at all or PR crap? Because no one has to listen to your Karen roleplaying.
    Lmao Everything that gets posted here by a member of the tales world team has to be approved by someone. You can't just have people who represent your company saying whatever they please.
  11. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Mind the attitude, Duh is only there for the last couple of years, long after many (poor) design decisions were made and he answered here on his own initiative about what he knows. You usually can't get ANY kind of substantial answer from official Taleworlds.

Yeah no. The only reason duh posted that is because he got permission to post that. You can't just have developers posting whatever they want on the forums about your product. So don't give me the developer of the people crap. It's just his opinion. Give us someone who actually calls the shots.

We need an OFFICIAL statement from the COMPANY about what is intended for their game.
  12. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

I appreciate the reply but after reading it I have lost faith in your dev team and this game. You completely under value what made previous games charming and as long lasting as they are. Warband was never just about the battles.

It was also the preparation and time spent getting to those battles. Every system however lacking they maybe blended together and made the player feel like a rising lord and when you became a lord or king those systems helped reinforce that feeling.

What you and the team do not realize is that all you had to do was copy and paste warband to bannerlord. All warband needed was a new paint job and a little polish, yet here we are 10 years later and we didn't even get what you advertised 3 years prior to release.

This game in its current state is a spit in the face to your long time supporters and fans. And if you can't give us an actual answer that is not just your opinion. Then get someone who can.
  13. World Map Stutter

im using 1.4.1 its just really annoying more than anything can keep 60fps at 4k no stutter in a large battle but world map is really stuttery especially when i increase speed

Another thing you can try is going into your bannerlord folder and running the game from the Native.exe instead of the bannerlord.exe There is a third party launcher on the nexus that makes switchingbetween the two very easy.
  14. World Map Stutter

Which version are you using? I had this problem on 1.3, 1.3.1, and 1.4 beta. The stable 1.4 and beta 1.4.1 seemed to fix the issue for me.
  15. Terrible control of troops in battle

We don't need any GOD-VIEW, this is suppose to be a realistic battle game ... but pre-battle orders is realistic - skirmishers should always be in loose formation and a certain distance infront / behind of the main battle line. Main HI battle line should be in shield-wall or not before the battle.

Point and Click is fairly??? realistic ?? - eg .

(1) Click on your HC "Cavalry!!" then click on enemy cavalry "Attack Enemy Cavalry!!!"
    (2) Click on your LC "Horse Archers!!!" then click on enemy HI "Skirmish Enemy Infantry!!!!"
    (3) Click on your HI "Infantry!!!" then click ground infront of HI "Advance!!!" (LI will move with HI)

etc etc

This should be better than remembering many keys

I would agree with you but this game is far from trying to be realistic, especially when you compare it to warband which even mentioned at the beginning of a new game it's basis in reality. As far as I can tell that is all thrown out of the window in Bannerlord. In it's current state, Bannerlord overall has more of an "arcade" feel then a realistic feel.
Back
Top Bottom