Recent content by Jericho

1. Jericho

Say cheese: reenactment style

No wonder I was outrunning you MidnightWolf! You look like an axe murderer running me down in hot pursuit!  :lol:

2. Jericho

MidnightWolf said:
    that guy in that black n white surcoat is awesome. :wink: lol oh wait it's me heheh

Really? I thought he was a bit of a farb  :wink:
  3. Jericho

Here are a few pics of me and some of my brethren from the Order of the Marshal.

4. Jericho

Skot the Sanguine said:
    The downward visibility in a Great Helm is the worst part of it.  Regarding the Talhoffer, those albion swords do come sharp, don't they?  :grin:

Oh yes! Most definitely! :smile:
  5. Jericho

oof, butted is just too heavy for my old bones. Flat riveted with alternating solid rings is the sweet spot, just have to tailor it to have it fit properly. If only I had a small fortune AND the ability to convince Erik Schmid to make a hauberk for me.  :smile:
  6. Jericho

Seff said:
    MidnightWolf said:
    care to explain with proof?
    I have no proof, hence the smiley. :razz: But it'd make sense for the pattern of the sleeve, at least if it's longer than elbow, to be oriented that way. Especially since there's armor over it and snugness is relevant. The style I'm talking about: http://www.manningimperial.com/articles/armour/european-hauberk-construction/1

Jericho: Nope, see above. :smile:
    Ah yes well hence the need for me to tailor it, being 'off the rack' as it was. :wink:
  7. Jericho

FrisianDude said:
    Aww right, nice!
    Llew said:
    That is a damn fine outfit, sir!
    Thanks, it was a few years in the making. :smile:
    Austupaio said:
    Seems like a good way to get a rondel in gonads.
    Using a  coup de grâce like that would be against a grievously wounded opponent who wasn't a knight and most likely in shock or trying to hold their intestines inside. - Those Kahn moves: "From Hell's heart I stab at thee" were less likely to happen. :wink:
    Seff said:
    You should look into getting the maille on your sleeves oriented right. :razz:
    Do you mean the seam where I cut some maille out and closed it back up again after tailoring it to fit better? - Good eyes! :smile:
    Envious of the outfit and the Talhoffer. Could you actually see her in that helmet?
    I could see enough of her through the breathing holes and bottom of the helm, but not much more at that particular angle.
    Leifr Eiríksson said:
    I wonder how many men in history have died with this as their last view of the world.
    I know, what a gruesome sight, I'd much rather leave this world while suffocating in my wife's ample bosom!  :wink:
  8. Jericho

Well this thread is in need of an update!  :smile:

Edit:
    Here is another angle. :wink:

She was really a gutsy photographer because I'm holding a genuine Albion Talhoffer which has an insanely sharpened point.
  9. Jericho

Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

Warband: 1.153
    Floris: 2.54 Extended

Not sure if this has been reported yet. After upgrading my saved game for the earlier version still worked, however now that I'm ready to start a new game when it comes time to pick my banner the video is either all mixed together (1 out of 10 times) or it is just a black screen with music still playing and the framerate counter displayed (9 out of 10 times). In previous versions of both Floris and Native whenever my display colors and shading would wig out I could alt-tab out of the game and return a to the game to re-sync things but that isn't working with this.  :???:
  10. Jericho

How long was M&B in development for?

Adorno said:
    I believe the first public beta version was released in 2005 - version 0.202.

You can actually still get it:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=722

It's like gaming archaeology  :razz:

Well put!  :lol:
  11. Jericho

Tournaments in 2.5

This seems just as good a topic to post this 'minor' bug dealing with the tournament quest. A game week or so after I had
    captured Dhirm and started my own barony I received a Tournament quest notification that I was invited by ME to attend
    the tournament in MY town!  :???:

I of course participated in the tournament thereby completing the quest but I can't receive my reward and clear that quest
    off my quest list until I talk to MYSELF!  :shock:

...So is there some hidden mirror in the game or maybe a magic +5 'helm of duplicity'?  :lol:
  12. Jericho

Version 2.5 released

Excellent Mod gents! Well done indeed! Appreciate all the long hours and hard work you all put into this gem! :smile:
  13. Jericho

Where do I tweak frequency of war declarations?

Jericho said:
    Dev1 said:
    You need a city and chamberlain, in the castle.
    That’s odd because I do own a city and have a chamberlain and I still don’t have any choices for sending diplomatic overtures, I also just noticed that there isn’t the ability to give away additional fiefs to my lords that already have a fief.  :???:

Well I “rediscovered” that you have to appoint one of your companions to replace the default minister you hire once you own a city. After you appoint one of your companions to the post then you can make diplomatic overtures and grant additional fiefs to your lords.  :oops:
  14. Jericho

Where do I tweak frequency of war declarations?

Dev1 said:
    You need a city and chamberlain, in the castle.
    That’s odd because I do own a city and have a chamberlain and I still don’t have any choices for sending diplomatic overtures, I also just noticed that there isn’t the ability to give away additional fiefs to my lords that already have a fief.  :???:

mrdudemanguy said:
    Check the sovereign relations report before you freak out, make sure it says WAR and not just -1 or -2 relation to you. I've noticed if two factions are in an alliance or defensive pact, capturing a lord from one will give you a reputation hit with the other.

I've had instances, as a vassal of the Nords running around and capturing some Vaegir punks, where I'd lose reputation with the Sarranid, which we had a truce with. The screen would immediately display that the Sarranid Sultanate declared war upon the Nords, but it didn't actually happen. We were still in a truce.
    I’m definitely at war with the Sarranids but I think they do have an alliance with the Vaegirs so that is probably the cause of it. – Thanks for the insight!  :smile:
Back
Top Bottom