Recent content by Jadow

1. OFFICIAL EVENT: The Battle of Stamford Bridge!

Forum Name: Jadow
    In-Game Name: IG_Earl_Kalient
    Preferred Faction: Saxon (Vikingr is great too!)
    Able to use TeamSpeak? (No mic required): Yes

And if yeh need an able skull-smashing huscarl then count me in as well!
  2. [IG] Guard of Istiniar - A clan for Mount&Blade Warband {Closed}

Great fun this night all, happy birthday to Istiniar!
  3. Irish Team Nations Cup 2011

Drissx said:
    This thread needs more Irish!

:!:
  4. Irish Team Nations Cup 2011

I imagine it'll be hard finding enough Irish players, but seeing as I live in good 'ole Dublin I'll join in! Sign me up :wink: Just don't start speaking too much aus Gaeilge, unless it's Pog ma Thoin to the Brits!  :lol:

I'm sure team Poland will have no trouble finding volunteers, so don't take this too badly dalhi  :razz:
  5. 27th Inniskilling of Foot - [Merged w/ 51st]

Yeah, I loved the fun training ideas we came up with, not just drills.
  6. Kick should be changed, in 1.130 it's useless, sign here

Personally, I find that this kick is still slightly usable, but only against beginner-intermediate players(I very rarely manage to kickslash other experienced players) or on staircases/narrow areas. Overrall... I think that the old kick was slightly OP'd, but this is more underpowered.

I.e. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being completely useless, 5 ideal, and 10 an insta Win-button I would judge the old kick a 6.5, and this kick a 3... Fix it so it is in the middle :wink:
  7. Kick should be changed, in 1.130 it's useless, sign here

New kick is fail. Old kick is win. End of discussion.

/sign.

But seriously, the old kick wasn't OP'd, because any experienced player will know not to get too close/move in one direction for too long, effectively rendering the kick pointless(unless you feintkick :wink: ). The only real area where kicks are unstoppable is in narrow areas (i.e. Ruins staircase, doorways, ladders) but then they're meant to be easy to defend. This new kick is simply useless. (Well, I am exaggerating a bit, it will obviously take some time to get used to it, but it's still much worse than the old.)

All in all, the removal of the kick(or rather the complete nerfing of it) will negatively impact the game, because the old quick was something only useful against noobs(who couldn't evade them) in the hands of inexperienced players, but quite useful (again, not useful always) when used skillfully by experienced players(especially against lolhammers, 2hers, heavy armour, spammers, turtles etc. etc.)
  8. The Science of Creationism...

mdk31 said:
    It's also worth remembering that a sizable portion of the population of the Muslim world is creationist.

That depends on your view of "creationist". You see, in Islam there has never been any real strict/literal interpretation of "Creation". I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Islam, but I do not think there is something the equivalent of Genesis/Adam and Eve's story in either scope or specificness(relative of course :wink: )

Indeed, At the beginning of the medieval era, when Christendom was still struggling to break free of the dark ages, Muslim science was well advanced, and although it was certainly religiously influenced it was not hindered by literal interpretations of the Qu'ran (like we have in Christianity with the Bible, even today). While Hydrodynamics was by far the most studied and understood of the sciences(understandable since many Muslim countries were situated in water-scarce regions), geology had some grassroots as well, with scholars producing theories that the Western world will not come up with until the late Renaissance. I can't remember exactly, but I think that the estimated age of the Earth was thought by Muslim scholars to be 75,000 - 100,000 years old at this time.

And, while the source isn't as certain, it appears that very basic ideas of "evolution" were also cropping up even earlier(700-800C.E.), and it is certain that by the Middle Ages they were taught in Islamic schools. Though of course, they were no where near as advanced or as comprehensive as Darwin's theory of Evolution. (By natural and sexual selection.)

I would just like to add however, that uneducated Muslims may seem to be traditional creationist, but that is not as a result of their religion. Rather, they simply lack the access to education that the Western world has, and they are also most likely raised in a culture of superstition.
  9. The Science of Creationism...

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2010/02/09/the-science-of-the-creation-museum/ I haven't been on this forum in ages, but after stumblingupon that, I just felt I had to share it with somebody. (After my spasm of laughter ended and I'd managed to climb back onto my chair) So, what do y'all...
  10. 1866 - v0.7 Bug Reports

I've got a scoped sharps with ~300 long guns proficiency, and my crosshair has completely screwed up... it's gone inverted,  which means accuracy is quite a bit less than 100%...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

yellowmosquito edit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,84579.0.html
  11. New World Order

tbh, most people are too stupid/ignorant to effectively rule, and in the case of a representative democracy, are often misled by charismatic (or uncharismatic in the case of George Bush...) politicians who cannot run the state effectively either. And then you have the fact that just because most people want policy A, doesn't mean that policy A is the best choice. Of course, a small secretive elite won't necessarily rule the country effectively, and might lead themselves into delusions concerning their policies (much like previous one-party-states)

Personally, i think that a system where only people above a certain intelligence have a say in affairs of state would at least merit some consideration. However, if say a person was below this level, he should be able to increase his standing/rank by attaining a higher intelligence score. So basically a meritocracy based on intelligence, rather than merit.(since merit cannot be objectively defined)
  12. Andrzej Gołota!!!

Sorry, i just got baited.
  13. Andrzej Gołota!!!

Remember the occupation of Moscow by Poland?
  14. Picture War

sniper.jpg
Back
Top Bottom