Recent content by JackFrosty

1. Editing/modding values?

I think the mod bannerlord tweaks will accomplish most of what you are asking. I even reduced my garrisoned troops' wages to 1/3 cause I didn't think they needed to be paid as much as campaigning troops.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2036

I believe if you just want to edit values you can use microsoft visual studio or dnspy, but you will probably need to know some basics in c# as well.
  2. Why won't my ranged troops target the cavalry

This seems more like a situational thing. You were trying to fight a battle that was not on your terms so you didn't have the right troops to bait or destroy their cavalry. In every battle I first kill to silly horse archers that always attack my left flank then if I have time I'll attack the enemy cav and bait them into my archers' fire before their infantry block meets mine. Archers will shoot at the cavalry if they are they only things range.
  3. Quality of life mods

Counter for arrows. I changed mine in the config file to every percent and the phrase to army ammunition.https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2036
  4. SP - General Sieges: Allow us to grab ranged weapons

You could just pick up a ranged weapon from a dead soldier. It would be nice though if they made a siege loadout like how there is a civilian one. I usually play with one handed sword and shield and a polearm so I have switch out the polearm before every siege for a bow and quiver. It's not too tedious I just forget sometimes and polearm is useless is the narrow passageways on the walls.
  5. Two Wives Haven't Gotten Pregnant - 1.5.6

what mods do you play??
    I play on version 1.5.6

The mod I use to improve relationship with my wife and all family and companions is called "fighting together relationship", after every battle you win all allies that fought with you relations will improve 1 or 2.

For getting children when I want I use a mod called "pregnancy control". Not sure how it works for female players but for males you can ask your wife or any high relationship companion female for sex and there is a configurable chance they will get pregnant. "Pregnancy control" is outdated for 1.5.6 but someone recompiled it for 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 in there mod called "dead mod pack" so get that on nexus and disable all other mods in dead mod pack in the launcher except pregnancy control cause they don't work anymore.
  6. Two Wives Haven't Gotten Pregnant - 1.5.6

This is why I play with mods. With pregnancy control and fighting together relationship I can actually enjoy this game.
  7. will you go back to your latest save game when your family member died after a battle

It's not that a lot of people don't want deaths and consequences it's more like we can't put logic behind the death rate in the current build. Ally and enemy lords also act like they can slay hordes of enemies and will charge right into pikes trying. There needs to be some sort of surrender system for lords when their army is wiped out. As for companions you can just keep them closer to you in another cavalry group and avoid blobs of enemies to prevent their deaths. I didn't know that my main character couldn't die in battle, I don't like getting knocked out.
  8. will you go back to your latest save game when your family member died after a battle

I reload the save even when I kill an enemy lord in battle. But once I start my own kingdom in my current campaign and get all the lords on my side that I want then i'll let people randomly die in battle. Not my family tho.
  9. Recovering from casualties almost impossible in this game?

I think the problem with larger battles is the number of units allowed on the field makes it to where you will take a lot more casualties if you are not sitting near your spawn which sometimes you can't do because the enemy ai may camp their spawn. Even if your infantry and archers clean house they will be spread out by the time more enemies spawn and you will start taking a lot of casualties from inferior troops that you wouldn't normally have a problem with. So by the end of this battle the enemy will have lost 800 or so **** troops and even though you won easily you still lost hundreds of t3 and above troops from a clan army and many of your party's t5 infantry. At that point it seems more like you lose more than the enemy because they can just go and get back their **** army and keep attacking.
  10. When you feel like you are ready to claim independance??

In my campaigns 400 days is about the time I become independent. By that time I'm at clan tier 4, have a very elite army and 3 full extra parties lead by companions. I don't think the number of castles/towns you posses before you become independent matters since you will either give up your holdings of or be war with your previous kingdom. I play with a lot of mods so it's hard to tell if this is a vanilla feature or not but when I keep my holdings I just pay the enemy kingdom for peace, not sure how expensive this is without mods.
  11. Resolved [1.5.5] Companions and nobles die in battles.

Honesty any lord having a high rate of death doesn't make any sense from an immersive or practical sense. As I said previously an army wouldn't let there lords die so easy. But a practical reason why this is bad is because there are far to few lords to be getting killed every few battles even if you are the one winning you could just be unintentionally killing off enemy lords without the chance to ransom them and leading to another faction snowballing their territory. If each clan had 15-30 lords, even if only a few were allowed to lead parties, that would make it so that you could have random deaths in battle and not have worry about snowballing or not having enough lords to fight mid to late game.
  12. Resolved [1.5.5] Companions and nobles die in battles.

There was also an older mod called true mortality on nexus, not sure if it still works on 1.5.5 but when it did work your companions had a chance to be critically wounded after falling in battle. It would tell you who was wounded and that they would die if you didn't take them to a settlement in a certain amount of time. This seemed a lot more realistic because an army isn't just going to let their lords die they would do what could to save them. I hope TWs considers making this a feature.
  13. Resolved [1.5.5] Companions and nobles die in battles.

Enough already write this bull****.
    We played Warband for 10 years without the death of companions and nobles in battles - and that was fine with everyone.
    We played without death of companions and nobles in battles before patch 1.5.5.
    The way it is implemented now is not a challenge - it is nonsense. The way it is implemented now makes the companions significantly weaker and more useless than regular soldiers. You cannot even equip a companion in the kind of armor that every cataphract has! Not to mention that if the cataphract armor were on sale, it would cost so much that 10,000 cataphracts could be hired with this money!

And there is no challenge whatsoever! You completely defeat the enemy, lose 50 people from an army of 2500 - and certainly among these 50 - either your companions, or your nobles - it's generally funny there - lost like 1, and the army decreased by 200 people at once - the entire detachment of this nobleman.
    What is the challenge here? Nobles always get into the starting lineup of the battle - for some reason, their armor is no better than that of ordinary top warriors (and this is also nonsense) and therefore they have a higher chance of dying than an ordinary warrior!
    And if I can separate my companions into a separate detachment, which simply, in fact, will no longer participate in the battle, but will stand on the sidelines throughout the battle - I cannot do this with the nobles. So it turns out nonsense - that there are almost no losses, but at the same time the army immediately loses hundreds of soldiers who evaporated due to the death of a nobleman.
    What does your "knocks out all enemies" have to do with it?
    You really didn't have enough brains to understand what I have described above point by point?
    I agree with everything you are saying. What I can't understand is why anyone would play unmodded with TWs adding and messing with barely tested mechanics that can affect your campaign and destroy any immersion you had. The second I saw a companion die in a battle that we easily won I reloaded the save got him and his troops back then installed and mod that disabled this rediculous death system for the time being.
Back
Top Bottom