Recent content by j0hnnyllama

1. j0hnnyllama

Resolved Sturgian Gloves Clipping in 1.4.3

looks fixed in 1.5
  2. j0hnnyllama

Thanks @elysebluemoon - it looks like someone else commented in the previous post that it's not happening on the NEWER sturgia armor, but on the older pre-1.4.3 sturigan armor sets
  3. j0hnnyllama

Reproduction: Equip gloves with nearly any Sturgian armor Gloves clip and sleeves of the armor cover the gloves This was reported as fixed in a future patch when reported previously. It continues to persist in 1.4.3. It appears sometimes this is triggering invisible hands or arms on Sturgian...
  4. j0hnnyllama

Resolved Clipping Issues with Gloves in 1.4.2

Hi - @elysebluemoon this issue was not resolved in 1.4.2 or 1.4.3. Is it planned for a future patch?
  5. j0hnnyllama

Resolved Clipping Issues with Gloves in 1.4.2

Version: 1.4.2 Beta Branch Issue Description: In 1.4.2 gloves are clipping with sleeves of armor for pretty much every northern/sturgian armor that has sleeves. This did not occur in 1.4.1 and prior. I have no mods running and have attempted to verify game files but no problems there. Expected...
  6. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Am I nuts or are gloves clipping like crazy in 1.4.2? I never saw clipping with gloves but half the Sturgian armors end up having the sleeves clip with the gloves pretty bad in this patch.
  7. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I agree with you. It would be the responsible action to provide a statement, especially since its been almost a week since the last one (IIRC) and also because the patch is so overdue by their own choice of language -- after all, what are most people going to interpret "soon" to mean? Certainly not three weeks when in the past we've been used to daily and/or weekly updates.

Yeah, it's a tricky problem to navigate.

I made my original comment specifically targeting the push for a patch because the other route a team can go is ship just to hit a date or try to reduce negative feedback, but that usually leads to way worse outcomes. Best course of action is to admit the mistake of prematurely disclosing a date and working to mitigate that in the future.
  8. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

While this is true, it doesn't apply to the situation currently at hand. There is nothing hasty about releasing a patch today. There wouldn't have been anything hasty about releasing a patch a week ago.Two weeks ago? Sure, that would have possibly been hasty. But now, three week late? If this qualified as a "hasty release" then the dev team is working too slowly.

Hard to say without knowing the scope of work and the size of the team.

Teams typically go in one of two directions in scenarios like this:

1. They stop talking at all.
    2. They'll become more transparent with a roadmap but less specific on the "whens" until things are ready to ship.

I really hope Tale Worlds embraces the 2nd option. But shipping just to ship is never the right choice, but once dates are in the wild you're putting yourself in a bad position PR wise if you consistently don't hit them.
  9. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

And by the way, this is your patch too; it benefits everyone the same. Its not "my patch" and I don't just want it for myself, I think the community deserves a real update, instead of a string of hotfixes that is just buying more time.

I get it. But that's not really how this works at this stage.

The larger error was communicating dates before being ready to ship. I think a case can be made that maybe communication would be helpful; but unfortunately trying to cram software to hit a date leads to bad results - either for the team or the recipient. It'd be one thing if this was the finished product and the final patch - cram, crunch, be done. But this is an ongoing process which much more development ahead of it.

I think it's fair to ask for better communication, especially after we all spend money here. I also hope TaleWorlds sees the community feedback and sets better expectations going forward.
  10. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

While I agree with everything you have said I can think of one reason why someone might still be waiting for the patch. Perks. For me I am waiting to actually have the combat perks all in play as for me the character development rather than kingdom development aspect of the game is important. The big disappointment for me was the fact that most of the starting perks didn't work and even with community patching many still don't. I have been put off starting a game as I am waiting for them to implement at least all of the combat perks. I am willing to admit I am going to have a very long wait ahead of me (at a rate of 1 tree a week I was 6 weeks off still so goodness knows where it sits now), but I kinda want them implemented before I throw myself into another play though as it feels a little pointless playing a game to develop a character when the majority of the options actually do nothing.

Yeah, I definitely want a patch for that reason as well. It's just trying to patch just to patch results in more bugs and a worse experience. We've seen the impact of the rapid cycle and even the pushes to 1.4.1. It's frustrating but the attitude of being "owed" a patch and the belief that a patch to hit a date is based on the fallacy that having a patch itself means improvement. Poorly tested code moving to production may fix perks and then break everything else.
  11. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Not only this, but hastily pushing out patches will likely result in more regressions, not less. Taking the time to properly test software will ensure that whenever patches are released, the number of regressions will be minimal. I might just be reiterating what you posted, but it is important for people to understand.

Spot the guys who work in software development!!!
  12. j0hnnyllama

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Where the **** is the patch? We're now three weeks behind.

Three weeks.
    Behind.

This is going from "we had some issues" to simple neglect. I'm starting to think that because you already got paid, you have little initiative left.

We expected a patch, but that week was skipped because of a 4 day weekend being a risk to game stability. Okay, fine.

So the week after, we expected a patch... And there was some glitches that needed to be fixed. Okay, we now need to wait some more.

Now - a full week later - and what is the holdup this time? Where is the patch?

Why would you possibly want a patch just to have a patch? The team is clearly working to release a stable build. You can make the case that maybe they need to change their testing approach internally given the rate of regression defects hitting the beta builds but the absolute worst thing they could do is push a production build just to do it. You can't get 9 women to make a baby in a month; software problems like these aren't often easily solved by throwing more resources at them or just saying "work harder."

They've done that a bit in their last update but given the continued community feedback I think it's an important step to keep relations strong.
Back
Top Bottom