Recent content by InFi[D]eL

1. Tactic against waves after waves of Cavalries.

Argeus the Paladin said:
    There was a pretty nice vid on Youtube I just came across today that deals precisely with this issue.

The poster's solution was basically "Heavy infantry to the left, medium infantry to the right, recruits in the front center and archers in the back center. This is so that recruits will absorb the charge and the two blocks of infantry will close up and gobble the cavalry stuck in the mosh pit. It's essentially the Cannae double envelopment maneuver with the roles reversed.

Quite nice vid, but I forgot the link.

I remember something similar but it would still often result in a sizeable loss of medium infantry and it was next to impossible to reposition in the event of an enemy reinforcement so you'd loose all your recruits early then your heavy infantry would be exposed and easy to trample, as would the archers.
  2. Tactic against waves after waves of Cavalries.

A method I began to experiment with, although this does require higher tier units is to use a split forces idea.

Arrange your army with 50% Heavy Infantry. Rhod Sergeants are affective against Lancers and spearman are more ideal for Mameluks.

Assign an additional 30% to Archers. I'd suggest Rhod Sharpshooters as these can take more of a beating that any other of the ranged units.

With the remaining 20% Stock on Ker Horse Archers.

When the battle begins position your army as such;

All infantry stand close together in a simple line. Never instigate a charge. Position your archers to either flank, (we shall use left of your infantry in this example) slightly further back at a diagonal angle. Creating a one sided wedge.

Have your Companions mounted as they will stay with the infantry line by default. Have the cav follow you. Ride a wide flank to the opposite side of your archers around the back of the enemy charge. Keep a distance of atleast 20ft. Ride slowly as you pass and stop if you need to.

What should happen is the enemy charge gets knotted with your Infantry as your archers pick them off from the side. You and your Horse archers will close the circle and hit them in the back.

When reinforcements arrive. Immediately ride, along with your horse archers around the entire formation (behind your archers and inf and return back to the starting point.

The reinforcements wave "SHOULD" target you and your horse archers first as they are closer. However, if you ride immediately as they arrive. They will try to take the most direct patch to you which should slam them back into the infantry line.

Here are some images to assist you: (click the button marked "Spoiler")

Green: Your archers
    Blue: Your heavy infantry
    Pink: You + Your Horse Archers
    Red/Black: Your enemy

stage1s.png

Stage 1:

Wait till the enemy charge has reached the estimated base (non pointy bit) of the arrow. Once they ride past that approximate area. Ride forth (with cavalry ordered to follow you) along the course as depicted by the pink arrows. When you arrive at the area with the pink circle. Stop your troop there and begin to hail the enemy charge with arrows, who at this point will have stopped at your infantry wall (blue) Continue to do this until the enemy sends in reinforcements. See Stage 2:

stage2p.png

Stage 2:

Now the enemy as sent in reinforcements; Begin riding again with your horse archers along the depicted course, again depicted by the pink arrows. The red numbers represent the estimated position of the enemy army whilst the pink numbers show where your army should be at the same time.

The enemy (red/black) will follow YOU and your Horse Archers (pink) as the AI will automatically target the nearest hostile unit when they spawn in. When the enemy is in position 1, your group should be coming up behind your archer line (green). When the enemy is in position 2 you should be coming up behind your infantry line (blue) by the time you are in position 3, the enemy should have smashed into your infantry line (blue) whilst attempting to chase you. The enemy will change movement direction in order to charge directly at your group. This means you can easily "kyte" them straight into your infantry wall.

All you need do then is repeat stage 1 again. Then repeat as needed.

Noteworthy points; Your Horse Archers (pink)"might" hit a friendly troop inside the infantry line (blue) by accident however in my experience that happens only 2-3% of the time. A nearly stationary large blob of horse and rider is hard to miss.

You may find you can not manoeuvre fast enough and the enemy reinforcements hits your archer line instead. In this case you'll need to gage the size of the map and ride a little sooner. Sometimes you'll go too quickly and find the need to stop behind your infantry line and wait. You will get used to it after some trial and error. Expect very few casualties, even when up against double your numbers.

Rhod Sharpshooters are important because they will drop a significant group of the enemy cavalry whilst you and your horse archers are positioning at the enemies rear.

Remember: Do NOT instigate a charge with your infantry line, if you do the enemies reinforcements will likely cause you impossible problems as you won't be able to reposition.
  3. Please help novice, What is the benefit of honer and acceptive point ?

Relations of 100 = 60 Swadian Crossbowman lol.
  4. Time to choose class and spawn.

Sir Justino said:
    Gricks said:
    At the beginning of a new map, it seems I always load in late and have to wait until next round to spawn. I suggest the time be increased ~30 seconds or so. I really do not enjoy watching full length matches every beginning round.

+1 agree almost 95% of the time I join game just started.

+1
  5. Cavalry are Rubbish

Is putting the lance down "X" bugged now?
  6. [Suggestion] Campaigns

I think the OP wants an actual overall live MMORPG style campaign system, or did I miss-understand?
  7. Friendly Horsebumping

OP has a point. Back to native we go with NW. I also agree with rejenorst as I've found (during LB) it causes clusters of cav to be stuck whilst the inf deploy first due to poor spawning positions.
  8. The best shot!

LB as part of the 29th I lagged out and accidentally shot the commander of a friendly line adjacent to our own. Classic. Actually that was still M&M but meh.
  9. Music buffs?

Jesus I never even noted they had done this in the first place. Finally flutists have an actual use lol.
  10. Map Editor?

It would be nice to have more interaction between mappers and the developers of M&B in general. A lot of quality products come from the non-pro assembly line and never feature as part of an official product. This really should change so that the best produced maps should be included in later patches. With full credit to the maker of said map given and clearly visible of course.
  11. odd banner

Vincenzo said:
    Maybe he means the Japanese "rising sun" flag?  it will be removed in the patch tomorow.

Dam, there goes the eye candy.
  12. Rifle melee damage is absolutely ridicilous

I'm with the OP on this, it needs nerfing. It's messed up line battles with cav regiments completely, never-mind standard MP matches.
  13. Mods?

stompy said:
    I can only tell you what I have tried since the patch.

I know that Diplomacy works completely and that the Floris pack works provided you don't choose noble as your background.

That's my party line, how dare you. :razz:
  14. Warband: Playing Style

Has anyone every managed to form a Kingdom of their own and do a 100% territorial conquest as a cruel lord? I have not.
  15. Unable to get RtR

I'm thinking you might be rushing pal. I had a good 40 RTR just by doing mercenary work for a few months for each of the factions.

Be a vassal longer, each peace increases it as said before.
Back
Top Bottom