Recent content by Indreams

1. Indreams

Any way to turn off horse crippling?

This is what I've done.

Your companion's horse is never lamed. You can exploit this...

I assign a "Squire" companion. I level him/her to 6+ riding skill. I give him/her my favorite horse and decent infantry gear.

When battle breaks out, I tell him to dismount. I take his horse, he takes position with the infantries. Because it's his horse, it can't be lamed (as far as I know). So, an unlameable champion horse at your disposal. :smile:
  2. Indreams

Where all the Norse women at?

If you are attached to the character, you can always export and import him. Go to your character page, click on "Statistics" (bottom left) and press "Export Character". You should find a txt file of your character in your documents.

Begin a new game, name your new character the same name. Go to character page, click on "Statistics", than press "Import Character".

New game, new save, old character. :smile:
  3. Indreams

A Use for Tracking?

I just realized I've never made much use of high level tracking. My end game play has Klethi with 8 tracking. It's fun seeing all the tracks, but there aren't many strategic applications.

Although, when you are looking for bandit camps, some level in tracking is very good. Bandits usually make a trip to their camp, and you can follow their track to them.
  4. Indreams

Strategies with Vaegir Veterans?

I figured out a decent strategy...

Vaegir Army is pretty much: Archers on hill tops and Infantry on slope. Rain until enemy is close, than charge.

I would usually put the cavalry on the left or right flank, and have them charge when the infantry charges, surrounding the enemy and feel like Alexander the Great (with his Phalanxes and Companion Cavalries).

The new strategy is to have the cavalry stand with infantry and Vaegir veterans, and have them charge together. As long as I don't charge too early, I get the same effect as the usual strategy. Vaegir veterans are assigned to infantry in this case.

It works pretty well in small scale battles. I have yet to test it on large scale battles (with couple ally and enemy armies).

Editing is great. But this play is on a Mac, and I can't find the file. :sad:

Also, I realized (on a different, end game play) that I kinda skip Vaegir Veterans with lvl 6+ training on 5 heroes. That's another way around it.
  5. Indreams

Strategies with Vaegir Veterans?

I decided that I wanted to role-play a Stark. I tried to form a Vaegir-Nord Army that roams the Great Taiga,... except... Vaegir Veterans. They are infantry and cavalry. They mess with my battlefield strategies every time. If I make them infantry... During infantry charges, Vaegir Veterans...
  6. Indreams

Never Ending Feasts

Well, the feast still goes on. I think I've discovered Valhalla, minus the battles.

I guess its a bug, but its a pleasant bug. My relations with the lords are great. If I wasn't married already, I could bed any of their daughters.
  7. Indreams

Never Ending Feasts

So, I started my own kingdom. I am the King of Imperium, and I hold Praven and Suno, as well as Tevarin Castle, Haringoth Castle, and Ryibelet Castle. This was all thanks to infighting among Swadian nobles (I actually took Suno from the Nords, who took it from the Rhodoks). And because of the...
  8. Indreams

How do I get into an enemy town with my weapons and armour?

I got through that with a strength build with a lot of pole arm mastery.

Since the guards are stunned after you say "give me your keys", you have time to whack one of them on the head. Start the conversation with your staff out, and stand at a good spot. At 50 strength, 10 power strike, and 400~ pole arm mastery, I managed to knock out the prison guard with two overheads.

But Suno is one of those places where I would usually cancel the rescue quest. I found that its easier to capture Suno than to fight two armored guards with a quarterstaff.
  9. Indreams

Is there a way to tell who's at war with who?

If you want to do it a little more RP-style, there are dialogue options with lords or guild masters where you can ask about it. They will tell you what factions they are fighting, and how the war has been going.
  10. Indreams

Favored shield

Reinforced Steel Shield. With 10 points in shield, I've literally pushed enemies off walls.  :cool:
    It's like housecarl's shield without being excessively large.

But early game, the fur covered shield, long shields that mountain bandits carry, is what I use. It's big enough to block all projectiles and durable enough to last a battle. It's not so good in sieges because it has resistance of 1 (Crossbows eat through it really quick).
  11. Indreams

How to release captured lords?

The thought of releasing lords never occurred to me... but I don't think there is a way to release them once you capture them. You need to wait until the war is over or their family pays the ransom.

I think its also possible for the lords to escape from prison, but I've never seen them do so. You could just take them with your party and 'let' them escape, but you won't be considered a merciful lord.
  12. Indreams

Throwing Knife Build

A spear, just in case I get dismounted and run out of daggers. It's really more decorative than useful because with this build I'm really careful to not get dismounted.
    I'll switch out to board shield, axe, t.dagger, t.dagger for sieges, but I haven't been in one yet. (I get a feeling that this build is terrible for sieges)
  13. Indreams

Throwing Knife Build

I don't really want to javelin or axe. (I'm RPing a female dagger throwing warrior-queen).

Running the throwing knife, I find that three large bags of throwing daggers are enough for most battles, as long as I play efficiently.
    Currently at lvl 15. Going strength with agility. Throwing daggers from horseback. 4 in power throw, 3 in horse archery. It's not terrible except that, at the range I'm throwing these daggers, I may as well as lance.

Oh, training camp horseback with throwing knives are really fun. It's easier than I expected and very satisfying.
  14. Indreams

Throwing Knife Build

Thanks! :grin: "When the shield drops" *takes note*

Btw, throwing knives or throwing daggers or darts? Which is good for what?
  15. Indreams

Throwing Knife Build

For the purposes of RP, I want to make a throwing-knife cavalry character. In Romance of Three Kingdoms, there's a warrior queen named Lady Zhurong who's badass with throwing knives. But... I'm finding that throwing knives are impractical. Early game is almost impossible, and I can't hit...
Back
Top Bottom