Recent content by Hughbèr

1. Mount&Blade Version 1.011 is ready

Thank you so much for such an amazing game, I've played on and off since .711 and was always put off by the frequency of the updates, meaning I would have to start a new game to enjoy it without feeling I was missing out on stuff.  However, I always came back to it and have enjoyed every version I've played, and to see it with a 1.xxx rather than 0.xxx is truly a great feeling.  Congratulations on making a quality game to be enjoyed by all.
    And thanks again.
  2. Your questions _CONCERNING_ the next version here

cowen70 said:
    Hmmm I haven't played M and B for a long long time.  This new release seems like it must be due soon I am rather excited.  I believe reading through the thread I saw mention of 6-8 weeks more than a few weeks ago.

I guess this thread has answered my questions thanks for taking the time.
    I'm pretty sure it said 2-8 weeks a bit more than 2 weeks ago, so anytime in the next month (and a half).  I'm looking forward to it a lot too.
  3. Calvin and Hobbes

Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons?
    Calvin and Hobbes is the best thing I've ever read, I love it so much.  I wish I had more.
  4. Ideas for raising massive armies

Quality, seeing as I dont focus much on charisma.  I have 20 vaegir knights who follow me around, though I fight on foot, but I like to have them charge an enemy just as  Ireach the opposing forces.
  5. Save us oh Lordi from the wrath of the Finnish

The UK puts in the worst possible entry so that our excuse can be that the entry was rubbish rather than noone likes us.  Though I have no idea what all of Malta was thinking, and Ireland should have come above us.
    Bulgaria was the best in my opinion but I thought Germany should have done better, just because it was so different (and I enjoyed it for the music too).
    Wogan pissed me off with his completely negative attitude.
  6. We the following, request that 0.225 be re-released

I would love to see it to see how far the game has come.
  7. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Highelfwarrior said:
    Hughbèr said:
    I keep getting an error about default texture when starting the game.

Check the BRF you imported the sword into, go to the material tab and delete the default material you imported along with the sword.

I couldn't find any such materials lying around in my brfs.  I made sure that I didn't have anything which I thought I wouldn't need, and I still get the error.

And I have a picture of a silly anime hair style model, but I can't upload it to imageshack, just so it doesnt look as though Im sidetracking.
  8. Official 3D art thread - Warband

Here's a sword I made about 6 months ago but nevered textured properly or managed to get in game.  I think I did a much better texturing job this time though (using weapons1), but I still cannot get it in game.  I keep getting an error about default texture when starting the game.
    Anyway, here it is:
  9. Top +5 bands/artists

In no real order:

Weather Report
    Sting and The Police
    Dragonforce
    Ray Charles
    Charlie Parker
    Madness
    Count Basie
    Courtney Pine
    Propellerheads
    Quincy Jones
    Arizona Smoke Revue
    Rage Against The Machine

Mainly Jazz with some assorted other stuff in there too.
  10. SP Musket Era Modern Pirates mod! Released! V2.5 for 0.751 updated 18/4

Looks brilliant.  Last time I played this mod was before cannon battles were in, and I loved it even then.  You rock Yoshiboy.
  11. Why being an infantryman sucks more then it should.

I find playing an infantryman more fun than playing mounted due to the challenge and the greater tactics involved.  Instead of just charging around on a horse, not really needing to think before entering a fight, which I admit is enjoyable, you must think whether you can take the enemies you are up against.  I find this to be a much more rewarding experience, and the requirements of an army to back you up adds to the experience for me, rather than the endless soloing I previously did.
  12. Fantasy mod (Original thread) Includes FAQ.

Awesome scenes Highelf.
    As for the thing wrapped around the bow, I don't really know what it is, I just thought it would look cool and fantastical.  It could just be part of the wood of the bow, or maybe some sort of frame.
  13. Fantasy mod (Original thread) Includes FAQ.

I have finished my exams too and I am in the first of 11 weeks of summer holiday.  Ooooo yeah.
    Anyway, I said I would try to help so I started some pretty basic modelling again.  I got as far as making this bow (currently a little smaller than the native hunting bow):
    http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1640/fantasybow2bq.jpg
    It is roughly 500 polies (triangulated) which I suspect is too much, and I havent bothered with a texture yet.
    Any suggestions on how to improve it?
  14. Fantasy mod (Original thread) Includes FAQ.

So the dragon is going to be more slender and streamlined than big, fat stompy dragons?  That's good.  I suppose its too much to hope that the head and the presumably long neck bob from side to side as it flies, given current capabilites (I don't know how clearly I have expressed myself here).
    Perhaps there could be a few winged horses also, if you have got the wings working.  There might be a problem with the height of the rider and attacking, so you might have to take out the horse first, then the rider.
    After exams though, I won't be at home the whole time, as I am going away several times, so don't count on constant contributions.
    I'm looking forward to being able to help, and wish you luck in the making of this awesome looking mod.
Back
Top Bottom