Recent content by Heinyken

1. SP - General Clan Parties: Issue broad strategies to parties

Unless I'm missing something, I have no control over my clan's parties after creating them. If you happen across them, they help you like an allied lord. If I could instruct each party with very broad strategies -- for example, (1) Defend or Patrol Near [City/Castle], (2) Raid Villages Near...
  2. SP - General Wrapping Up Battles, Finishing Battles Ahead of Time

I'd like to be able to automatically resolve the remainder of a battle with a "Mop up" or "Finish" feature. Currently, if I have 200 troops to my enemy's 4, and all that remains are some archers who have kept a huge distance, or a handful of soldiers who haven't been mopped up, the ability to...
  3. Ambush Mechanic

+1 to the suggestion and to each thoughtful contribution so far.
  4. I know Ambush mechanic was scrapped. But what was the reason for it and is there any way/chance to have it implemented in the future?

+1
    I think there are all sorts of ways to balance it, because it would be OP if a gigantic army could just inexplicably appear looming over a different army (a la Total War). I'd like an alternative to fielding a separate, all-cav army just to hunt down a few bandits.
  5. SP - General Excessively brave peasants

I expect TW is moving in a direction like this. With the updated battle AI, I wouldn't be surprised if we also see a way to suggest/collaborate with allies mid-battle.

Nevertheless, I agree - peasants should listen to the military leaders.
  6. SP - General More ways to actively and passively train Soldiers

I am wrong, it does add xp, but an insanely small amount. A tier one unit needs 500+ xp to upgrade, where the training fields add 3 passive xp per day. That is over half a year to upgrade a tier 1 troop in a garrison with the training fields fully upgraded. Super underwhelming at the moment.
    Bwaaaa... I didn't realize it was so meager -- I also thought it was borked.
    I agree with the original post, some sort of active/passive training would help be more intentional with army make-up and size. If nothing else, I think troops garrisoned at a player-owned castle should get a much more substantial XP boost (or it should be possible to build that upgrade).
    I don't know if I agree that just resting in a friendly village should do the same thing.
  7. SP - General Wait... didn't I, like, have to rescue some brothers?...

About six game-years in and several hundred thousand denars later, I remembered to look up my brother's entry in the encyclopedia. I was headed to the city it said he'd been seen in, but then I saw a 40-unit Looter gang, and one thing led to another and what siblings?
  8. SP - General Guard rotations and patrols!

this is just something on the side. It could probably be implemented by a mod.
    And it's a mod I'd install!
  9. SP - General [Workshop Suggestion] Workshop inventory for raw materials, and option to hold finished goods

At the same time - the pure passiveness of the workshops and their income is really nice.
    Totally! On the other hand, I'd like the ability to have a hand in the workshop's success (or failure!) in some way or another.
  10. SP - General Update the encyclopedia to include relevant game concept information

Except that this doesn't take a lot of time at all and would be extremely helpful for new players. This could also be used to help test the game especially now that it is in early access because players can't report a bug if they don't know what the expected behavior is. For example, I still don't know what leaving a companion in a village is supposed to do. I thought it would improve relations but I haven't seen that happen, is that a bug? Who knows, because that information isn't given so I can't report it. The encyclopedia could also be used to inform early access players about what IS NOT implemented so we know what to expect.
    I don't disagree with you, Ragnargh, but actually I think you might be underestimating the work it would take -- I think you're right that the actual writing wouldn't be hard. Also, I bet Clanker's probably right, a robust explanation most mechanics will probably eventually exist. But in the meantime, writing up an explanation of every mechanic, its intended consequences and costs, making sure it's accurate and written well, and that whenever updates happen every corresponding mechanic is also up-to-date and nothing gets missed costs time. And that's time a dev could be spending actually making the changes.

All that said, I would also LOVE more written explanations of mechanics -- I'm not saying it wouldn't be great.
  11. SP - General Click to view settlement in encyclopedia

+1 this. I came to the forums today to suggest it.

When an army is marching on a settlement/castle, it's possible to view their destination by clicking -- I think encyclopedia entries should have similar functionality.
  12. Resolved Missing encyclopedia button?

Although it's been mentioned already that a button can bring you there, I totally agree that a button on/in the GUI would help finding/using the encyclopedia
  13. SP - General Craftable Armors like Weapons

I wonder what TW's approach will ultimately be when it comes to RPing a smith.
    Technically, armorsmiths were different from weaponsmiths.
    So it wouldn't only be a functional difference (how to apply modularity), but it would also be a question of how much we care that the same skills would necessarily apply.
  14. SP - General Guard rotations and patrols!

I think this is an interesting idea, but I don't necessarily think it should be a high priority change. It feels like an immersion/aesthetic change, while there are QoL and gameplay issues that could probably go higher priority.
Back
Top Bottom