Recent content by Heafodban

1. Heafodban

SP - General Join Bandit Gang

Maybe there should be a way to join a bandit gang. This mechanic could be tied to roguery. Perhaps if you're captured by bandits there'd be a chance they'll ask you to join their group. If you accept then maybe your criminal rating would go way up, but you'd become friendly to that particular...
  2. Heafodban

SP - Quests More side activities

For sure. Players need side activities to break up and accentuate the action. Here are some other random ideas:
    10) alchemy (gather plants, make salves and such with minor bonsues)
    11) player-owned library and books that are collectible and readable (deepens lore and serves as a collectables mechanic)
    12) customisable manors
    13) unique item sets (maybe the pieces are hidden around the world)
    14) ways to expand banner options (buy rare dyes from certain merchants, and such)
    15) discoverable landmarks (one could have a tattoo-giving NPC in the far southeast, another could have a piece of a unique item set)
    16) random encounters (like in Fallout 1 and 2 but without any zany encounters)
    It almost doesn't even matter what the side content is so long as it can mix things up. Sometimes players find a way to make their own fun from this stuff. For example, I'm planning on making a Morrowind character just to read all those lore books I largely ignored. It gives me an excuse to play the game again.
  3. Heafodban

SP - General How to Fix Early Game

Here's how Bannerlord's early game works. You mass recruit villagers, grind them against looters who you basically can't lose against, and do tournaments for easy gear, easy money, and easy renown. Do this for a bit and you've completed the early game. I feel like TaleWorlds has lost sight of...
  4. Heafodban

SP - General New "Roamer" Types

New roamer types would add a lot to the game, especially the early game. By roamer I mean the little parties that aimlessly, or somewhat aimlessly, roam around the map. Here are just a handful of possible types: deserters: Bandits with faction gear. poachers: Bowmen who roam around forests...
  5. Heafodban

SP - General Feedback on Levelling

After playing the second game for almost 300 hours, I've decided I much prefer the first game's levelling system. Here's why. 1) The first game had attribute requirements. This gave me something concrete to look forward to by levelling. I especially enjoyed putting a few points into intellect...
  6. Heafodban

SP - General hide exact army sizes

This makes sense.
  7. Heafodban

SP - General Adventure Mode

The Mount and Blade experience is a long campaign of slow upgrades and acquisitions of fiefs

That just means players who survive the early game would have stuff to look forward to. I do think this mode would suffer a lot if Bannerlord doesn't get more early game content before release, though. More diverse bandit types and more quests would go a long way. Looters are too easy to grind against, too.

so losing a hundred of hours of progress at the whim of the RNG is not a great idea.

High stakes is what makes it exciting. I'm on my second campaign now and nothing feels weighty. So what if I lose a battle? I have three autosaves to go back to. To add any risk or challenge to my playthrough I'd have to constantly delete those autosaves as they pop up. I haven't died once yet so I'm not sure even that would do much.
  8. Heafodban

SP - General Adventure Mode

There was a mod for the beta of Mount&Blade I called Expanded Gameplay II. Because this mod had a form of permadeath, and because Mount&Blade I had that optional "realistic save" setting (where players would have only one save slot and the game would autosave after battles), it spawned a really...
  9. Heafodban

Who of the old guard are still around?

Yup, the contest for the tag line.
    I remember that :=)
  10. Heafodban

SP - General Hardcore Autosaves

I sometimes like playing permadeath characters (with this one mod that lets me die gud) but the autosave system in Bannerlord right now kind of ruins it. I think there should be an autosave mode that saves after one's character loses in battle and stuff.
  11. Heafodban

SP - General The ability to give orders to your own team in tournament fights.

I'm not sure it would make sense. Would you obey some random person ordering you around even though they don't outrank you in any way?
  12. Heafodban

What is thy favorite fruit?

And @Hurlebatte how did you manage to get so many possible responses? For me the limit is 10 o_O

I guess the forum overhaul added a cap.
  13. Heafodban

SP - General Early Game Too Short and Uneventful

I am fairly new to the franchise
    That's no excuse. I've only been playing since 2007.
  14. Heafodban

I read this as make the grind even grindier.
    I think the late game grind is really bad (lords come back from defeat and muster new armies so quickly), but since early game is only temporary, the grind overall would be less if I had my way. In theory you'd only create one or two of these super crumby warbands in total, before having the wealth and renown to start recruiting units.
  15. Heafodban

The early game is too short and uneventful for my liking. Part of the inspiration for this post is this side character I made. I'm playing with the settings on realistic, I only rely on auto-save, and I've downloaded a mod that gives me a fairly high chance to die in battle, yet without much...
Back
Top Bottom