Recent content by gsanders

1. gsanders

Phantasy Calradia - 2024 reboot

Patch v160A1 is ready now.
    access at (one of these should do it)

I'll next be online tomorrow early evening then Sunday morning. I expect to be celebrating my old age / seeing family until then.
  2. gsanders

I expect to have at least a patch to take Nexusmods' image of Phantasy v158A1 to v160A1 with around 30 distinct fixes plus source plus a 4 part player guide shortly. I really should check first if the Nexusmods full image is any different than mine here; I went through over 600 posts there yesterday, mainly negative, and at least added 2 fixes yesterday from their "found bugs" list (which is about 40% duplicates and many "bugs" are simply not understanding the mod). I suppose the main audience really wanted Native with Necromancy, and the rest of the features were entirely useless to them. At least FOR ME this is the most stable it's ever been, but tournaments are still down and certainly at least one lord quest crashes (find the spy in the market). I'll get around to those in the next month; I'll soon be busy with a non-computer related project for about 6 weeks.

I decided after seeing the Nexusmods posts I'd rather have 5 users here than 500 there; once upon a time the audience was much larger.
    Write me here if I don't follow up with a patch; I need to go in 90 minutes and I'll be tied up the rest of today and tomorrow. I probably have time to reply to 5 emails.
  3. gsanders

Suggestions about game mechanics

I'm not the brightest person but I sure would like to help you out. If there's any somewhat easy but tedious steps you need done, I'm your man!
    There are some tedious makework kind of things that would benefit the community, like porting the excel files I will bundle with v160 source to mirror what is in Guspav's original source, which has no such tools to assist coders. I burned at least 40 hours just editing ID_ files with just consist of a name followed by an = followed by a number into two columns on an excel worksheet. because he ID files can be > 1000 entries each and there are maybe 6 that matter that alone was painful. Probably there is a clever way to filter one into the other in seconds, but I am too old school and brute forced it. Periodically I am not very bright either; usually I do well for a few hours and can barely function as I grow tired, forgetting everything and even what I was trying to work on, how I planned to solve it, or for example family members, cat's names, stuff like that. I was trying to forget the pain here but my youngest expressed an interest in the game now that they are of age and I decided it would be a delightful thing to pass it on while I could. Sorry for the super super late reply.
  4. gsanders

Tweaks for Phantasy 2018

Extra for later.
    I like the correct use of spoilers in the initial post, as this is how code snippets and other large text should be handled on the forum.

I applaud the tweaks idea but I released so many flavors of the mod it would be difficult to keep current. Hopefully with source access this task of tweaks will be "a little more trivial" - I find nothing is as "trivial" as it first seemed when attempting to mod (attempt is the correct word); just finding something used to waste considerable time.

I hope Guspav's original mod has more life with the next release; I will add source code to the original for comparison purposes separate from v160 source. There are > 120K lines difference. I just checked NexusMods has a clean set of the original Guspav Phantasy so I won't make a separate upload. https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194

This allows one upload to contrast source between the two versions; in fairness to both me and Guspav they can be compared side by side and at the same time fans of either style can discover which version they prefer. For example, Guspav's original has gnomes; Necromancer can be added after character start, and there were more spells available. Eventually, some people might notice WHY some things were pulled, such as missile storm crashing to desktop. Guspav's version had less strict alignment and less limitation on Necromancy; while Phantasy 2018 v150, 156, 158, and now 160 had increased powers for Necromancers (to make them stronger as enemies) while having far fewer friends (making their undead brittle when facing Blazing Hand and paying more attention to day versus night as examples). There is considerable difference between the two flavors for handling npc magic users and clerics/paladins. There are more red text messages from errors in the original as well.
  5. gsanders

So.....

....Is this game heavily bugged? Does it work with latest warband version? Would you recommend it?
    Main unresolved bug: after treating epidemics you may get locked inside town or village and be unable to leave. The work-around is to go to town/village center, press Esc to save&exit, then load the save again and you are outside the town/village. You don't have to shut down and restart Warband.

There were some issues with quests, with the follow spy quest broken completely and the kidnapped girl possibly broken (or maybe I just did not do it correctly). Something to be aware is instead of basically one mod Phantasy is several distinct layers - Guspav's original, with version numbers below 1.00, my tweaks and changes, with versions starting at v149 through v159, and the current-about-to-release v160. Each of these had a different data model so it is not possible to mix and match savegames, or compiled .txt files from one version to another. The current asset list is backwards compatible though; I added very little artwork as I am not an artist, and deleted nothing, so what remains in textures, sounds, music, resource, and sceneobj folders are supersets of whatever used to be there.

As for the version, I tested Warband v1.174 with Phantasy 2018 v158 and it ran with no issues. I will re-release v158 + fixes from the last 6 weeks as "v160" shortly. I will also provide source for self use/education (as opposed to labelling it "OSP"). This may help with future bug hunting.
  6. gsanders

Glad you back gsanders! Don't wait us too long <3
    Hi Hounskull! Sorry I did not notice you were a/the subforum moderator!

I plan to release in a few days; I was hoping Friday 26th April but looking over the forums there are always more things I need to do.
    I still need to re-edit my walk throughs and documents for helping new players are half finished. These are not text files so will need approval, I think, for links to files at google drive. Maybe not, it's been so long since I was active here, just thinking ahead. I'll try to put everything needed in one big download, and a second small download with just walk throughs and documents for people to have some added self help if they could not find the same in their mod download.

I may also need some threads unlocked so I can update them; I'll make a list of topics that need unlocking. I originally locked them just to keep focus but now that I am not a forum mod it stops me too :smile:
  7. gsanders

Next update can you increase money merchants have by 10 or so. Late game when i have 10 trade and hunt down death knights and demons i have problems finding people to sell to. At the experimental level of diplomacy-trade they have at most 2.5k. ON that note add the smith for changing quality of items(reinforced, lordly etc). I noticed that the twiglight set doesnt have quality levels, it is much easier to use a lordly gauntlet 13 armor than the twiglight one with 10. Same with the boots, lordly pair has 40 leg and 9 body armor, but the twiglight boots have only 35 leg armor.

It is quite fun to play as a necromancer-priest but I recomend to add a ritual to summon/make death knights and demons, also add invisible helmets to the demons.

All that above are some complains and recomendations, everything else is quite nice. I can go on about diferent ideas mechanics and so on all year (5 days more give or take.) but considering i probably wont lift a finger to help with the mod, other than some testing, you might ignore them. I wont care as long as you gsanders keep doing an awsome job with this mod.

P.S- Will you be able to make rpoper summoners whith the code you got paid with for your work at wasworn conquest?
    No mod, warsword conquest or otherwise, paid me anything in currency.
    I feel sorry that I cursed their mod with my presence, as I pushed my awkward Rigale and Sea traders/sea battles onto them as a bundle of other changes. Most but not all of the errors from that era are now fixed at v160; there are no longer multiple player ships beached on shore, nor an ever expanding pool of parties slowing late game (and half of those added parties are disabled but still slowing each loop that is checking all parties for something). For that matter I miss the heads up display used at Perisno. I don't have any plans to use any unique code lifted from Warsword Conquest that I did not myself write.
  8. gsanders

This is a Berembert crafting suggestion, so I'm not sure if it's the right thread, but since the general suggestion thread had to be closed it seems like the best spot.

I really like the concept of Berembert's blast flasks, but I'm not playing a mage, so I can't buy the flame arrow scroll needed to make them. The spell scrolls don't turn up in the cheat menu item list, so I can't cheat to add it. I suspect my only option is to keep picking fights with mages and hoping that I get lucky.

Could the requirements for blast flasks be changed to items that don't require a specific class to purchase?
    This is a good suggestion; I am tight for time on this release but I'll think about if I can offer scrolls to non mages; perhaps trimming the list offered to a non-mage. The fix for this is in: four ways inn now sells flame scroll at a modest 2500 denars (500 more than mage guild), with the description mentioning it was a special request from some dwarven tinkerers, to make it easier. While I was there I found an astounding 18 errors with the enchantments merchant giving the wrong item and fixed all of them for next release.
  9. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Berembert doesn't appear to actually create his crafted items. He takes the items out of my inventory, but doesn't give me the crafted item.

I've tested it with the repeating crossbow, the pulley bow, and the glue pot. In all cases, he takes the items out of inventory but doesn't create the crafted item. I thought it might be linked to his creativity of 9, so I leveled him up and put creativity at 10 but he still doesn't generate items.
    It takes one week, and when the timer expires be certain to have inventory space available or the item is not added.
    Berembert crafts differently than other crafting.
  10. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Choosing Fighter as a secondary class doesn't bring up the screen in which you pick your specialization. No paladin/fighter for me. :sad:
    This is now fixed, at v160.
  11. gsanders

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

all vendors in the game now only selling a single clothing item
    At the source level, a timer at module_triggers calls a script to restock each vendor.
    This script has a start and stop range for items that merchant will be using; once compiled instead of the named item the script only knows what array row at items to use, and is completely unaware of what that item really is. Between different major versions of Phantasy the items lines were rearranged, so anything compiled for say version 150 or even Guspav's original would not match the sequence used at v156 or 158.

If a player were to cut and paste from one version just the compiled .txt file for say scripts, or items, from one version and drop it into another version, thinking they now have just the "good stuff", the merchants would be refreshing the wrong items. If the scripts file was out of synch or pulled from an earlier (or later) version, the script getting called would ALSO be the wrong one, as once compiled the source line (call_script, parameter_script_to_call) becomes just the index value for that script, as it was at the moment the compile took place. But scripts are added and removed between major versions, so the index as compiled at one version does not necessarily match the next major version. For one item refresh, when the range of items was passed, the item for the end of the range is before the start of the range, so the script would only roll to add one item and finish. The behavoir is not from corrupted storage at each vendor; it is from mismatched compiled code or some third party tool to edit items (that assumed the items are ordered exactly as native, which they are not).
  12. gsanders

magic and necromancy issue

I started out as a necro and side classed as a mage, but when i press b my spells dont come up ( i do have a spell, magic missile) and when i hit m to select it necromancer and mage skills overlap eachother nad i can only select necromancer. Anyone know a fix ?
    Not sure what version you are running; v150, v156, and v158 are completely different and not interchangeable code + data models.
    I'll test v160 (really a tweaked v158 savegame model A but with important fixes). The major versions, odd numbers are test to see what works and what fails for major code changes; even versions are somewhat/sort-of "production" release, and the letter is savegame compatible through that letter regardless of the minor version (so savegame v158 A1 and A9 would stay the same, no variables added or removed, all the items in the same sequence, no new or removed items, etc), but v158 B1 could not salvage n A series save due to massive changes at the database layout. This is why I have a few thousand entry excel file tracking the exact layout included in this week's source, which you can peruse.

I HAVE a necro / mage test character in the current build, which shows mage spells exclusively. Necromancer functions are either automatic (lich aura, undead control) during battle or exist as menu additions at either camp: action or town recruiting (which is distinctly different than tavern recruiting, and requires actually HAVING your own town). There are no necro spells per se currently; it is automatic in battle exactly to prevent such a mage/necro collision.

(edit) this type of collision for necro added as a secondary or tertiary class is exactly how necromancer became primary class only.
    I don't see a happy way to mix both design styles, but maybe you'll come up with one at your own desktop. After a few hours coming up to speed, doubtless. How few that is remains to be seen.
  13. gsanders

Overhead Spear Thrust animation remove?

the animations are loaded at module.ini but probably present at module_items.py. Since the upcoming release contains full source, you may recompile your own flavor at your private desktop, and no longer rely on me to tweak anything. Source is not going to be "OSP", but I have no issue with tweaking on your side, off forum, to have experience you want instead of whatever I last put.

Of course, the mod is considerably larger and more intricate than I expect most people expect, and I would advise spending some time browsing the excel files I will provide both to bookmark every script name and their relative location in the source, every menu, most dialogs, every trigger/simple trigger and text for fast searching to locate each item, and a separate excel file for all the database layouts for each type, with a few thousand (really!) entries at each file. I wish I had those tools years ago, but in the last 6 years I managed to forget where everything was and had to start from the beginning again. It will be much easier for you than it ever was for me.

Should take you about 30 minutes to prep your first compile, counting installing python 2.7.anything and telling it to add itself to your path (I'll leave a screenshot how to set it up).

edit: I show upstab animations as removed at modmerger_options.py for v158 A series, so this issue may be v156ish.
  14. gsanders

Bug - Necromancer without necromancy skill & some questions

Greetings to whom will read this post.

I started playing a necromancer :
    First class : necromancer
    Second class : mage
    Race : vaegir

My character have an undead appearance, is it linked to my necromancer class ?

The bug is that in the character menu, I don't have any necromancy class wich should be I think between the creativity and the magic defense skills.

Plus I don't have acces to lichdom despite the fact that i can summon shadows. (I saw on a post here that a level of 8 in necromancy was necessary to sumon shadows and accès lichdom.

Another question : is it possible to play as an evil human or to play as a shadow ? (in fact having a shadow skin)

Thanks in advance for your help !
    Waking up as a necromancer now gives you the lich skin. This is intentional.

There is no access to Necromancer skill in order to keep you from trying to make all your companions into necromancers.
    This would fail, but even if you edit the character with some tool and reimport your party will be cursed. And necromancy would not work as intended, because there are other checks added as well to boost response during battle to just a list of necromancers/liches/dark mages in order to implement the lich fear aura and control of undead aspects in the background.

For this week's version, due probably thursday/friday-ish this week, your effective level is both based on the 7 necomancy points given at character start to primary class necromancers (and there is no becoming a necro sometime after start of game now) PLUS a scaling based on your level. Also I should point out necromancers are CONSIDERABLY more powerful in v158/v160 than they ever were during .763 Guspav. I'll provide code for each so you can decide which one you think you want to run with, all or nothing. with a considerable probably couple man months needed to hybridize the two. From a line count perspective there are 120K added lines of script in v158 vs Guspav's core, and key cycles during battle were not optimized in his version. I expect lag at around 45-50 agents per side in Guspav's original, while you should be able to smoothly run 120 or so per side at a given instant in the post Guspav era. The code is absolutely not interchangeable, as many assumptions exist for either model. You'll see. Also something I added was to silently create some lesser undead after large battles; you click nothing, it is done for you, and is not on any cooldown timer.
  15. gsanders

Necromancy stopped working and how i summon shadows?

I an playing the 2018 version. Apparently i can't summon shadows despite having lv 12 necromancy and when i click to create undead, i lost all of my life and no undead is added to my party.

Shadows in other hands are so amazing. They could become Wizards and even the clerics wasen't a problem for me. Now i an having a hard time an really wanna to summon shadows and start summoning again.
    Summoning shadows requires current hp >= 40; otherwise you would kill yourself trying to summon them, so the menu option is removed until your current HP shows to be 40 or higher.

After this, there is a cooldown timer after the last time you used necro summoning skill by menu. When that timer expires the menu option shows again.

Finally, if your party is full or almost full then the entries stop showing at the menu until you have available space in the party again.
    Most of the menu selections add at least 10 so the party must be able to accept at least 10 more members for the menu to show.

Having said all that, the party will auto-generate undead with you the player doing absolutely nothing each week at the weekly "all across calradia necromancers are summoning undead" event. You click nothing; it just happens on your behalf. Also after battles there is a silent lesser undead creation from fallen enemies. It is a rare event, per enemy, but over time it provides a steady stream of fresh recruits once your battles are larger.

And finally, shadows have been buffed to have better magic resistance for the 2024 version, as of this morning. I expect that to release in 1 week, as I want to test more before release.
Back
Top Bottom