Recent content by Greymane

1. Why you don't play this mod anymore. (NOT A FLAME WAR) ~Added Poll~

Hello,

It's a great mod. I'd still be playing if it wasn't from the main reasons that I will state below;

- Young community.  There's alot of PW player that would just fit on a team deathmatch, siege server.  While I care about politic and intrigues of playing a feudal lord and/or simply a lowborn character, I always end up getting killed for no reason. 

- Maps aren't very 'roleplay' friendly.  They're meant to have castle wars, unfortunately.

- Bad administration;  There's admins that wasn't  enforcing rules on their friends, or people hanging with them on TS/ventrilo. I'm not going to point any admin, but some people have done things to me worth a ban/kick, and got away with a simple warning simply because they're popular, or so.  In my honest opinion, rules applies to everyone.  Also, I love women, they're a reason my life is is enjoyable, but that doesn't make them instant-admin...

- NA merging with EU server.  It turned to be the most populated server for PW, and I ended up playing with 150 pings +

I'm sorry for my misuse of English (french Canadian here!)

Regards,
    Greymane.
  2. WesternCraft v1 - Development Thread

Well, I liked the aspect to gather ressources and craft your own building, weapons, etc... It would be nice if we could keep the crafting.  Isn't it what will create town communities? Along with the wealth...? From what I've seen previously, getting weapon more easy will just make it easier for the trolls and griefiers of the sort...
  3. WesternCraft v1 - Development Thread

Hey Shredzorz, would you implent a way to create wealth? Any thing that can allow the player to actually get dollars..
  4. Suggestions

hatimkh said:
    Could you remove the random re-roll from stats and just give us more points to spend? I hate clicking the re-roll button until I get acceptable stats.

Definately! It's even in one of my suggestions.  We should have more points to spend... Also, the fact of 'spawning'/dying to remake your characters is just stupid.  What's the point of a survival mod if it's not to not die and....survive?
  5. [NC2012] - Team Canada

In-Game Nick: Greymane
    Primary Class: Infantry (Sword & Board, 2-Handers & Awlpikes)
    Secondary Class: Cavalry.
    Activity/Reliability: Frequents NA servers. (Not post active but I am visiting the forum several times a day.)
    Microphone/Teamspeak: Both
    Steam name (if available): Greymane (Forcefaith16 is the account.)

Province? Quebec :smile:
  6. Suggestions

The options in admin "Remove props" from the selected player doesn't work.  Also, it would be nice to allow admin to gain access to every props (even if players aren't on anymore) or allow them to select some props.  I hate when I log back on my server and there's a 'stairsway of planks to the heaven'.
  7. Suggestions

Hello everyone, First of all, I'd like to thanks Shredzorz for this awesome mod.  It's in Alpha phase, it's a buggy but normal.  However, it's very promising.  As stated in a post from a thread, this mod is very dependant on it's community.  For me, it's not much of a big deal.  There's...
  8. Wealth

Hello everyone, I'd like to know if there's any way to make money in this mod? I know I could use my crafting to sell stuff to other players, but aren't we gaining money in any other way? What's the skill 'trading' is for? Is it giving a bit of money over time or something of the sort?
  9. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Troubles said:
    - A board in town: With this board, you will be able  to post up your advertisements or bounty and people will be able to read them.  I can already imagine the board in middle of the town, wich you have to press 'use' on it, and it'll open with the different threads.
    I think someone suggested that a while ago. The response was that you cannot store written characters.
    - Toggle character name label (OFF) or in other words removing the name above people heads.  (Exept for admins).  That way, you will have  to use your remember the face of the people.
    Suggested million times already, here and in other threads, Vornne rejected it.
    * Keep in mind that you cannot really use warband faces, since they lack the diversity that would make you distinguish between players, plus players can always change their faces anyway.

Good to see you are updated, and sorry, I didn't felt like reading through 113 pages.  At least, I have answers to my suggestions.  Thank you...
  10. Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Greymane said:
    Hello.

I'd like to bring up some suggestions that require some scripting. If it's possible, it will enhance the roleplay.

Features to add:

- A board in town: With this board, you will be able  to post up your advertisements or bounty and people will be able to read them.  I can already imagine the board in middle of the town, wich you have to press 'use' on it, and it'll open with the different threads.
    - Toggle character name label (OFF) or in other words removing the name above people heads.  (Exept for admins).  That way, you will have  to use your remember the face of the people.  You will have to know their names through roleplay. It will reduce the metagaming and enforce players to use a description of the character.  ( I can already see some people coming with 'If there's a randomers, or someone breaking up the rules, we won't be able to know.) Well, my pre-made answer to this it's that we are playing on a hand-picked server.  There's only decent players, so I trust in the maturity of the people to not abuse the feature that could greatly enhance the roleplay.  The second thing I can see people coming with it's about the wars.  My answer is that you should recognize your allies by their heraldry. If there's a scout in 'leather' spying or being a marksman for you, you should also recognize him through roleplay. That should also help the rolepaly in factions instead of a mass kill on sight.  Once again, it will reduce the metagaming and allow 'assassin and spy' to actually roleplay.
  11. United_PW4_HCRP Complaint, Unban Request & Suggestion Thread

Hello.

I'd like to bring up some suggestions that require some scripting. If it's possible, it will enhance the roleplay.

Features to add:

- Toggle character name label (OFF) or in other words removing the name above people heads.  (Exept for admins).  That way, you will have  to use your remember the face of the people.  You will have to know their names through roleplay. It will reduce the metagaming and enforce players to use a description of the character.  ( I can already see some people coming with 'If there's a randomers, or someone breaking up the rules, we won't be able to know.) Well, my pre-made answer to this it's that we are playing on a hand-picked server.  There's only decent players, so I trust in the maturity of the people to not abuse the feature that could greatly enhance the roleplay.  The second thing I can see people coming with it's about the wars.  My answer is that you should recognize your allies by their heraldry. If there's a scout in 'leather' spying or being a marksman for you, you should also recognize him through roleplay. That should also help the rolepaly in factions instead of a mass kill on sight.  Once again, it will reduce the metagaming and allow 'assassin and spy' to actually roleplay.
  12. United_PW4_HCRP Server Thread*74/250 SUNDAY 4/01*

Domhnall mac Raghnaill... Are you accepting EVERYONE that post an application? Even those that lack the efforts or I guess they have special privileges? I thought we were talking about a 'Hardcore roleplaying' server...Just wondering, simply asking...

Edit : It's not a hate post. I admire your work to put a 'Hardcore' roleplaying server, but I simply have noticed some lacks of efforts between applications, and I thought the use of the word 'Hardcore' would make a bit of a difference.  I'm not going to start a grammar nazi squad, I'm not well-placed for that either, but I am Canadian, from Quebec... I speak French, and I put alot of efforts to have a proper grammar, the least is to put some efforts such has replacing the 'u' for 'you' and using a capital 'I' instead of 'i'.  From some applications, I can tell that some 'roleplayers' "will talk liek dis and be liek u come here or what u doin? " That's is Light roleplay.  We're talking about a Hardcore roleplaying server, or maybe I am mistaken by the term, if that so, my apologizes.
  13. Clan MacDonald

From reading all this, I want to punch a puppy.
  14. Grubbers Mining Co.

It does, but you should watch about those people you let in :smile: Referring to the screenshots above. Good luck to you !
  15. United_PW4_HCRP Server Thread*74/250 SUNDAY 4/01*

Miriam said:
    Hi all!
    I'm quite intrested in this server, expecially since the normal PW servers are considered as a sort of "cheap" cRPG were you only fight and such...

I hope that this server will have players in EU time zone too, it is quite boring to play if we are few :grin:
    (plus i hope my ping will let me play without many problems ^_^ )

In-Game Name(s): Leanora
    How long have you been roleplaying: I started Roleplaying when i was at school, with D&D and GURPS, then i played A LOT (for some years) Neverwinter Nights.... and that's all. To be honest, i never found another pc game that let you RP like Neverwinter Nights :grin:
    What can you offer to the Hardcore Roleplaying community: I respect the rules, even if i do not agree 100% with them. I also like a lot organized team play, will it be assaulting a castle or exploit a mine (some people mine, some transport the goods and other protect them).
    Character Bio: Leanora is a poor girl, but she is young and ambitious and with a little of luck noone can tell what may become of her.
    Sample of your roleplay: i roleplayed a queen for several hours during a PW session, while the king was busy gather men and give them tasks, I was a sort of diplomat and counselor (i had a nice bodyguard too). When a war was about to start upon us, i managed to hire a bunch of outlaws to weaken the enemy kingdoom, preserving peace :grin:
    Do you have a history of rulebreaking on the regular servers: Nay, i'm clean as water :grin:
    Can any fellow roleplayers vouch for your skills: Well, maybe Serann... he is the only one with i managed to do RP more than a single time.

Haha, your roleplaying history look like mine.. (Neverwinter Nights, PM me the server you played, maybe I know you)  Your name sound familiar though... Have you played on NA server or you were actually from the EU ones? Because I remember being promoted to leader of a faction in the past named 'King's Reach'. My character name at that time was Balian. However, when I was a simple member of the faction, we had a 'Queen' leading us.  I'm just wondering if it was you. If that's the case, it was a good roleplaying session.
Back
Top Bottom