Recent content by GreenKnight

1. One handed control of two handed weapons

Well, that and a river pirate managing a decent run after stopping 4 arrows with naught but his manly sculpted abs.
  2. Always spawn me in front.

Pretty self-explanatory, this one. I admit, it usually doesn't have a huge impact on the battle, but it's still annoying when immediately after the battle starts, my men materialize all around me, and the idiots make me wait until they get their dumb asses out of my way before I can go...
  3. should we have an option to eat our horses?

Kniggit said:
    It only works if you have NO food in your inventory

That's not true. I've butchered a horse on many occasions, not because I had no food, but simply to add variety to the menu. Just shove the horse in that food slot, and press return. No problem.
  4. Leather barding?

Of course (And in no way am I posting this so as to move this topic back to the top of the list in an attempt to force others to fulfill my need for attention.), I have no idea what one would call this hypothetical new breed. What would people feel about giving the hunter a slight armor upgrade, yet keeping its nimbleness, thus providing a solid light war horse? Some might argue that I'm trying to have it both ways, thus making the game easier, but I don't think so, and even if I was, there are certainly ways to balance it out. Make it more expensive, as I suggested (Which I'd prefer.), or perhaps even require a higher riding skill to use one.
  5. Leather barding?

Well, it doesn't have a LOT more armor than other horses. The spirited hunter I'm riding only has 11 armor, which is only an improvement of 3 points over the heavy steppe horse. If it's wearing visible barding, I'd say it should be considerably higher, maybe midway between that and the warhorse's armor (22). Maybe somewhere around 16-18? Nothing drastic, and it would obviously be more expensive than your average hunter, but I'm just wondering if we could get a viable, if not fantastic heavy combat horse that's more maneuverable than a charger.
  6. Leather barding?

As I recall, the idea of buying barding seperately from the horses themselves was rejected, at least for this game, so I suppose this would be for a distinct class of horse. Basically, I love the charger. Decent speed and maneuverability, but that spirited hunter...it's a joy to ride. If only...
  7. Couch your lance!

I wouldn't be opposed to some way of adjusting the lance aim independent of the way your horse is going, but the more I play, the more I'm convinced that some sort of aiming crosshair is a must. Yes, you can see the tip of your lance, but that's just not reliable enough. Manh a time, it's looked like I was right on target, but the lance still never found its target. It could be disabled if you like, just like the regular crosshair, or the damage report. But I definitely think it should be in there as an option, especially given how screwed up you get if all you get out of a lance charge is a stopped horse in the middle of a group of enemy knights.
  8. Count wants Axes

In answer to your original question, I think the best place to try finding the plain axe is with a group of Mountain Bandits. Some of them use the plain axe, and defeating them has yileded a few for me from time to time.
  9. Couch your lance!

I definitely think it'd be nice to have some sort of aiming crosshair. People have said there used to be one, but my memory fails me, and I can't remember if I ever saw it. I wouldn't even care if it was accurate enough to target specific hit zones, as long as it let you know the strike was on target to hit the guy you were aiming for. Right now, a couched lance charge is dangerous and frustrating, because you have to just get the lance in the right area, and hope it hits the target. Many a time, the lance has apparently been slightly off, and I get a spear in the face for my trouble.
  10. My soldiers are cheap.

I suppose I wouldn't mind some pay increase, though I'd prefer it not be a giant one. Right now, my character is working on his second million, so money isn't really an issue, but he wasn't always so well off. I'd definitely prefer the item prices not be dropped, however. A sword or good piece of armor was quite valuable back in the day. I want more than flea market prices for turning them over. And of course, making this dependent on setting you choose is fine with me.
  11. Aiming your weapon from horseback

As long as we're talking about arrows though, I'd like to voice another concern of mine. The aforementioned stab arrow doesn't seem to want to appear at all unless I'm actually looking right at an enemy, heading for him in a straight line. Sometimes, that can be difficult to line up with an enemy breathing down on you. Perhaps that could be ameliorated?
  12. Killing my horse

I'm starting to wonder. Will a horse get crippled if I just get off and start filling it with jarids, or do I have to make it jump off a cliff? I'm trying to cripple a swaybacked warhorse so that I can sell it for a greater price when it heals, but damnit, the thing just keeps walking!
  13. It's A Small World

That definitely needs to be taken care of. If I'm being chased by Dark Hunters right outside the friggin Vaegir capital, isn't it a War Party's job to do something about that?
  14. A balanced meal

Thucydides said:
    66?! Bah, it was 110, Vaegir prick! Anyway, great idea, although if you look at what sailors have eaten until very recently (rotten meat and hardtack, in many cases), you'd probably consider the options already in the game a bit more realistic. I must note, also, that the Swadians seem like the ale-types, with the Vaegirs as winos. I'm a liquor fan, myself :grin:

I'm not quite sure you can call the case of sailors applicable. A ship was, by its very nature, out at sea, and as such unable to regularly restock with fresh food. At the start of a voyage, I'm sure the food was much better, before they had to scrape the bottom of the barrels in storage. A land force, on the other hand, is able to forage. There are animals for meat, farms for eggs and such. Not to mention, there's always a city within a half day's ride. They can get the good stuff. The only problem is carrying it.

As for the Vaegirs as wine drinkers...nuh uh. Okay, maybe they enjoy their wine in Wercheg, but the Swadians are the more spit and polish civilization. Wine is for the "cultured". Pass it off on the Swadians. But some sort of hard liquor in the game would be cool.
  15. Feminine armor models for female characters

Hey now, folks. We all know chivalry was a lie. If women really are our equals, and we want to acknowledge that, then it's your moral obligation to pincushion them without hesitation! :grin:

My blade, at least, shall be an equal opportunity killer! No sexist swords in my unit!
Back
Top Bottom