Recent content by ggherardi

1. Missing Location bug

Ooooh sounds like unstable code - did you Verify download on steam - or you might need to reinstall ?

Reminds me of the 90s when I was a "C" programmer , "rogue pointer bug" making your code totally unstable.

Question - why do you need to loop through to match a location ?? surely you could pass down the location as parameter ?

I verified the installation on steam of course.. but this isn't my code, this is Bannerlord source code ?
  2. Missing Location bug

Just a quick update: yesterday I stayed up until 3:30 AM and I debugged the game to try to understand what variable was null (that was the cause of the exception). The issue appears to be in the following method:

public Location GetLocationOfCharacter(LocationCharacter character)
    {
    Location location1 = (Location) null;
    foreach (KeyValuePair<string, Location> location2 in this._locations)
    {
    if (location2.Value.ContainsCharacter(character))
    location1 = location2.Value;
    }
    return location1;
    }

The exception happens at the line "location1 = location.Value", even if it has no sense. In fact, after setting a break point on the exact line, for some reason the exception seems to disappear: what I mean is that if I try to recruit a companion while the breakpoint is on that line and I'm attached to the Bannerlord process to debug, the issue doesn't happen. I tried it three times just to be sure, but it's really weird. And besides that, I still have to understand why all the NPCs have the white "Location" string appearing under their stats. I still can't link or post images tho, so I can't show you yet.
  3. Missing Location bug

Hey everyone, I tried to look for this issue, but couldn't find anything. One of my games got a weird bug, on all savegames: when I'm in a city and I hover the mouse on the portrait of one of its denizens, among all the information appears a white "Location", that has no value. All the NPCs have...
Back
Top Bottom