Recent content by Generaljoebear

1. When kingdom leader: fief distribution is awful

My advice on this matter (aimed at Generaljoebear) is to throw cash around and avoid assigning governors against the city's culture. I don't know if Loyalty affects revenues but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but it'll likely hang around 37 unless your ruler decided to Debase the Currency or some other Loyalty-striker since those policies really hurt. In contrast, there's Policies which make Loyalty management a thing of the past so enacting them is ideal for securing your lands. Either way, it's a good idea to focus on the Fairgrounds and then, probably, stuff that sustains population growth (Food and Prosperity) and finally money.

Castles are great for storing top tier troops since they have a thing that discounts garrison costs (up to 25%? Or was it 50%? Pairs nicely with some perks. Perhaps so nicely you could store them for free?) and the income of their villages is no worse than most cities'.
    I don't struggle with developing or defending fiefs - that's not what this topic is about. But thanks.
  2. When kingdom leader: fief distribution is awful

Frankly, that seems somewhat of a corner case. Fiefs never rebel if loyalty is above 25. While the AI seems to struggle with this, the player really shouldn't.
    I never had a fief rebel but I did notice profits disappearing off and on for the first year and found out it was because loyalty (or security?) was under 30, or whatever that number is. The militia building is very low priority for me anyway - I prefer to build development buildings first because I don't struggle with defending fiefs.
  3. When kingdom leader: fief distribution is awful

Once you get to that tail-end of the late game (ie ~5 to 10+ clans in kingdom), you'll start to see that a lot of the systems/features don't really work well with 'large' kingdoms/fiefs. As the other person suggested, playing the hobo king is really the only feasible way to compensate for those inadequacies with the programmed NPCs.
    I've noticed. The voting system for fiefs is pretty booboo. Diplomacy in general is kind of a skeleton compared to the other games you mentioned, you can't even keep your main in your party when you pass on your clan, AI armies went from being seemingly useful in 1.6 to pretty bad in 2.+, AI aren't very good at defending their own territory and you can't select specific behaviors (aggressive, defensive, balanced) for specific clans, etc. So many half-baked campaign mechanics, but they have good bones. And considering they only recently added warehouses to the game, I'm hopeful they at least listen to the community and may work on this side of the game in the future
    GL getting this level of attention from TW to implement, but this is also closer to CK3/Total War features, which, as much as we wish BL had, doesn't nor ever will come close to on that end of the genres.
    No harm in suggesting something useful :p

The issue is that they don't know how to get themselves out of bankruptcy, how to manage fiefs, how to retain influence, how to target objectives, etc...so you end up needing to play as the second 'AI cheat' for them, on top of the ones TW already coded in place for the same reasons.
    Donating your excess money to get them out of 'very poor', donating excess influence, excess fiefs, having to always be the army lead, etc...
    I have only chosen to lead a kingdom once but haven't really had to do these things for my clans. The one part I had to actively be involved in, even just as a vassal, was recruiting clans into the kingdom because the leader was not recruiting quickly enough to manage wars on all fronts. But other than that it's been fairly smooth sailing for me (at least in this run, have never made it this far and am playing as my main's daughter who is now 32ish).
  4. When kingdom leader: fief distribution is awful

Why don’t you want the militia building?
    I do want them eventually. Specifically with towns (the only fiefs I keep) you often have to stabilize the security and loyalty for in-game months or years before it sort of "auto fixes" itself with the drift (ie never falls very far below 50 loyalty/security because of the drift factor), and if the militia is larger than the garrison and you forget to manage the town, are caught up in wars, etc., it is more likely to rebel. Always good to build it eventually, but sometimes it's more harmful than helpful if the town is de-stabilized.
  5. Why AI Prince (Sturgia) won't finish an opponent?

That makes some sense. Just wild to see it blow through its influence when there is only a single war target left/possible. I'm just hoarding influence for the future in an attempt to ensure I'll finish the N.Empire off next time. After forming and eating through (Ragnavand) cohesion 3 times the nobles of Sturgia decided to start another war. Then few days later sued for peace with the N. Empire due to "too many enemies". lul
    Hah, yeah, defensive to a fault. It's worth hoarding your influence for an army - and if they only have one fief left you won't need all that much in the grand scheme of things. I noticed in my current campaign with only 3 other factions left aside from my own, 2 factions having 1 fief each, my AI armies are only either taking fiefs from the faction with multiple fiefs or quickly taking fiefs back when the single-fief factions manage to snag one. All strats are set to defensive to keep the campaign going.

But tbf I haven't been kingdom leader long enough to try the other modes "balanced" or "aggressive" so it could be a genuine issue with the way AI is programmed.
  6. When kingdom leader: fief distribution is awful

There is an equation that determines who should be on the vote and it over values the distance to a clan’s other fiefs. Thus, only border clans get fiefs. The fact that they have more fiefs already doesn’t outweigh the fact that other clans have fiefs far away. It is broken and needs fixed.

In the meantime, I have found two workarounds.

First, constantly recruit. New clans with no fiefs will always be in the vote. Clans don’t really need more than 1 or 2 fiefs to field their max party size of troops and then more fiefs don’t really give them anything but a bank account. So once everyone has a few fiefs, recruit more clans and give them the new territory. Bonus points if you can recruit the right culture clans to match the fiefs you are about to take.

The other solution is what I call the hobo king. You are king of all the fiefs and don’t need to be lord of any of them. If you constantly give away all of your fiefs to other clans, you will win the vote for new fiefs. Then you give those away. And you can give them away in such a way to get equity among your clans and also match fief cultures to owners. But on the other hand, you are a hobo.
    I appreciate the temporary fixes. I like the idea of option 2, but the big drawback for me is not having that sweet sweet unlimited storage space by not having a stash.

I might rather have a system that will only merit votes when a clan has received x less fiefs (let's say 5) than the clan with the most fiefs. There are way too many votes on trivial decisions when the game only gives you 3 real choices (one more than a real democracy!). Another interesting idea to pair with that would be the ability to redistribute fiefs as a diplomatic option by spending influence, sort of like a kingdom decision or policy that allows you to shuffle the map to balance the clans in your kingdom with more cohesive territory. Finally, give us the ability to demolish buildings! I don't necessarily want the militia building upgrade!

And for the cherry on top, an additional map view that highlights fiefs of your faction by clan color/name by clicking a button. Make it easier for players to see who owns what on the campaign map in order to assign those fiefs in a way that makes sense.

I think most players want a balanced kingdom and could probably do a better job than the formulas we've had so far.
  7. Why AI Prince (Sturgia) won't finish an opponent?

Only war going for the Sturgia is vs Northern Empire. They have one city left (Argonen). The Prince musters a full army with all the influence and then sets about "patrolling" near Balgard. I used my personal command to burn the n.empires two towns and set about stifling their recruiting efforts by capturing as many nobles as I could catch. There are about 1000 troops total running about for the N.Empire (including the town). Why wont this guy finish the war? I would gather them all together but don't have the influence and since he forms the army, marches around, army disbands, he calls them all back quite shortly after and does it again. I'm very confused as to why this is happening. Anyone know? He keeps forming a force about 2000 troops, leaves about 400 for me to call (which I did) and still it just "patrols". Come on man...
    This is what happens when an otherwise great game puts little to no focus into developing campaign mechanics.

My guess is that the "war strategy" as you can select as kingdom leader is set to defensive. It's useful as a player when you want to keep empires going because you've virtually beaten the game but want to keep factions alive to be able to fight. AI can likely use and set this as well. Just a guess.
  8. When kingdom leader: fief distribution is awful

As a kingdom leader, why does the game only select 3 of the 30 clans I have in my faction to distribute all of the fiefs? Probably over 50 have been taken since I was voted in as kingdom leader, and I have 30 clans in my faction, yet every single vote is between the same 3 clans. At this point...
  9. Victory to the Khuzait Khan's Guard

The dust has settled over the battlefields of Bannerlord
    The ground has had its full taste of blood of all soldier types
    Their bodies litter the game world, with a thick coat of arrows
    Over the ravens the sound of throat singing can be heard at the horizon
    The Khuzait horse archers have won the day

There is simply no unit in the game that can compete with the Khuzait Khan's Guard
    There is no army they can't decimate, no odds they can't overturn
    No other unit can deliver as much impact and utility as efficiently as the Khan's Guard
    They are the rolling thunder, the most fearsome unit on the field

It is for me the greatest experience on offer by Taleworlds to smash through Caladria with a storm of horse archers. Having them as the main unit of your party is the most refined way to experience this game, they cut up the world like butter, every battle a morsel as the Guard's superior agility makes sure you can always be at your enemy's back before they've even taken up a solid defense.
    They hold and take a castle as good as the best of them. And out on just about every field they can so easily position that you're always flanking without much risk to your own units. You always want archers this good and quick on your team.
    You could entertain a different unit as better than the Khan's Guard only if you were trying to shine a good light on the Guard. All arguments point towards their dominance on the battlefield.

Using anything less than 50% Khan's Guard in your Party is roleplaying. The game gives the player nothing for Faction loyalty, dump 'em all and go with winners, the best answer is always to get Khan's Guard. If you want to play with less than the most elite force, go ahead, but remember that you are gimping yourself. Anything but a force made up primarily of Khan's Guard is a vanity project. Something you do for fun because you don't like winning so much.

If you are playing to win you run 60-75% Khan's Guard and 40-25% Heavy Cav to support them. A few dozen cataphracts to soak damage from enemy cav, and three squads of Khans to surround and flank the enemy and its GG EZ

This is bringing a gun to a knife fight.

Khuz'ait Kangs report in
    Tell me about your experience riding with the Guard 🏹🫅🎠
    I've heard a lot of people say heavy cav is the way to go, and they just F1 F3 and win every fight easily.

But for me, I also love the KG armies. My favorite way to play is splitting them into 2 groups, putting them on either side of an enemy army and then keeping them in place. I have a group of companions/family as my "general's bodyguard" unit (for total war players) and another small group of heavy cav which I don't even use most of the time. Absolute blast with the tactics you can pull and the armies you can beat with these strategies.

I will try the heavy cav army soon but am just having so much fun on my Khuzait play through. It's the first time I actually played a campaign through having kids that came of age, and tbh I'm only now getting ready to stop the campaign for now since they patched the alley glitch. I wanted to give my clan to my daughter and keep the main in the party. Now I kinda want to wait to continue playing until they do something with that, or maybe I will revert to an old beta just to use the glitch lol.

Anyway, yes, love the KG army.
  10. How to work workshops?

my advice is to avoid any kuzait town, they are the poorest town in the whole world

As I have tested many times, Aserai has the richest town in the map, especially the town Sanala
    I also found the roots equipments from Aserai is more expensive than any other kingdoms
    My Chakland brewery makes more passive income than my Sanala brewery in my Khuzait playthrough. Even though Chaik has had more time to develop, Sanala prosperity is still much higher. I even took the time to buy out and switch breweries close by to either city, so they are both doing very well, but surprisingly Sanala is behind.

But anyway, you might be missing the fact that there is a known wool weavery bug rn. Look at the other replies in this thread and search the internet if you're curious. TW is looking into it.
  11. Using workshops the way they're intended actually prevents levelling the trade skill

When you buy resources as cheap as you can find them and use warehouses as a production hub to sell in faraway places, esp if you put in the effort to make even somewhat of a monopoly, you can make absurd profits off even 1 warehouse. Even with oil, which is not the best resource to trade by...
  12. Alley glitch no longer available?

This is discouraging. It was actually a nice glitch since this is a feature many players want in the game. I hope that there will eventually be a thoughtful way of implementing this into an actual mechanic rather than just sending your main off into the mountains or dying to pass your clan on...
  13. SP - General Small % chance of non-married Ladies giving birth

It would make sense to give Ladies, even while unmarried, a small % chance of having kids. Even if half the normal pregnancy % chance, it would be a nice way for players to keep our Ladies in the clan while also being able to pass the torch. I really wanted my daughter to be my heir, but I also...
  14. In Progress Wool Weavery not working properly

1. Check Mod Compatibility: Since you have mods installed (even if not active), they could be affecting the game's mechanics. Ensure that the mods are compatible with the current version of the game and with each other.
    2. Investigate In-Game Factors: Look into the in-game mechanics that might affect the profitability of the Wool Weavery. Check if there are specific economic factors, trade routes, or external influences impacting the profitability.
    3. Community Forums: Visit the game's official forums or relevant online communities. Other players may have experienced similar issues and might provide insights or solutions. Be sure to mention the specific game, version, and any mods you have installed.
    4. Contact Game Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to the game's official support. Provide them with the details you've mentioned here, including your system specifications and the circumstances under which you noticed the problem.
    5. Update Drivers: Ensure that your GPU drivers are up to date. Occasionally, issues in games can be resolved by updating to the latest drivers.
    Has nothing to do with mods. I have a totally vanilla game and have the same issue.
  15. How to work workshops?

Hello, after updating the game (version 1.2.7) I started a new game (clear game without mods), I bought a workshop (Wool Weavery), but it is NOT profitable - zero action, nothing happens.
    That is, the workshop does NOT buy raw materials and does NOT produce items.
    Why so? This should be automatic.

I bought a Wool Weavery in the city of Baltakhand, the cheapest wool here, logically something must happen, but a week has passed and the workshop does NOT buy wool from the store and does NOT produce clothes.

What needs to be done to make it work and bring gold?
    Wool weaveries are currently bugged. I've tested it, and they will just eat up supplies without producing anything even if you store 100% of the output in your warehouse.
Back
Top Bottom