Recent content by Galeo Deus

1. AI and Threesomes - How am I so inept?

Okay thanks for this advice everyone, and for those vids, Reapy.

I think what will help is me attacking through the bots' attacks more often.  I think I'm 1) blocking too much and 2) trying to chamber block too much.

That sneak into town ownage vid has the character only chambering a few times a fight.  I'm trying to do that practically every strike, and getting swamped.  I need to use more "real" fighting tactics then, which largely consist of intercepting attacks with your own and "beating them to the punch" as it were.

But sometimes it hard because as a combatant in real life (I've been a competitive fencer for more than 15 years), its frustrating to see these large, obvious openings from opponents that I can mechanically do nothing about in game because how slow my characters is. 

Throw me into that situation with no armor and a well-made light rapier and I'd own those idiot bots (as long as I don't get shot with an arrow :razz:)
  2. AI and Threesomes - How am I so inept?

DanAngleland said:
    RalliX said:
    Well, for one thing they're entirely predictable.
    One feint while they're blocking will make them automatically attack, which gives you a free hit that can be repeated.

If more than one is attacking you at the same time, this won't help. Unless you have a massive athletics advantage over them, you won't be able to just backpedal and fight at the same time either, because they are moving forward faster than you and blocking/hitting one guy means the other guy is in position to hit you before you can get your block up. They sort of cheat as well, practically swinging through each other to hit you. I find multiple bots harder to fight than multiple humans, though this is certainly in part due to the fact that bots don't have to worry about friendly melee damage.

This is exactly my issue.  Ive seen them quite literally swing through each other.  You cant back up and get away.
  3. AI and Threesomes - How am I so inept?

Yeah I always open with that.  It's a sure thing.

I'm still missing something.
  4. AI and Threesomes - How am I so inept?

Note that I play on full difficulty and manual mode. I have issues when I'm by myself vs. the AI fighting more than one enemy.  I.e, in the training field sparing with two or three of my AI mates.  The problem is I can't juggle 2 AIs in a situation like this. They rush forward...
  5. Alternate download links?

Hi I'd love to download this, but for me the Repository is at best slow as molasses, and at worst completely unusable (stops downloads after only 5mb, etc). ModDB works great, but the version there is from Dec 2010 and not the latest for some reason.  Google turned up nothing, and there doesn't...
  6. Support

EDIT: Wrong thread
  7. Disable ONLY Dust?

Thanks for that info, Idibil, but I'm confused.  I see a lot more than 3 numbers to change to 0 there.  Do I change every number there to 0?

and @Bozz:

The "uncheck particles" definitely disables the flying blood particles on strike, as well as many other things.
  8. Disable ONLY Dust?

Great mod, I'm enjoying it so far! But is there was way to disable ONLY the dust on the battlefields?  I know the FAQ says to uncheck "particle systems" in the options menu, but this disables ALL particles, like blood and splashing water, which I don't want. Thanks in advance.
  9. The Text Refreshment Mod 0.963b - Updated January 26th, 2011

This looks really good.  About to try Brytenwalda for the first time since sometime in 2010, when the very broken English was kind of a turn off for me.

Question:  Can I start a new game of 1.332 now, and then when the updated version of this text replacement comes out (any moment now, right :smile: ?) can i replace the files?  Or will I need to start a new game?
  10. Becoming a Mercenary

I think there's something wrong with this.  I cannot get hired as a mercenary either.  My reputation is so high I can swear loyalty to the king, but he won't hire me as a merc!
  11. Headless models and other graphical clitches with HIS 5850

Ah, the wonders of ATI driver support.
  12. Headless models and other graphical clitches with HIS 5850

I have the exact same problem.  I am running latest 10.7 drivers on a 5730, though. 

Is there any solution for this?  It's very annoying to talk to someone with no torso or play a battle with no head....don't seem like I should be walking around!
Back
Top Bottom