Recent content by Gabriel_Gonzaga

1. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

I think Wesnoth mod, based on the Battle for Wesnoth TBS, would be great. It even have troop upgrade trees already. Magic is the only problem.
  2. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Deflecting Arrows (and other perks)

Gab-AG. said:
    I didn't notice the sprint you mention, but it does sound quite interesting. It would be great if you could point out a video and a minute mark.

Uh, I feel I was deluded. Looks like they just move considerably faster in comparison with Warband, that's it. Plus all those sand clouds on each step, they make me feel like guys are Flashes. 26:19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=822&v=TNhs-XKKD-s - look at the guys on the background, illusion of fast-paced movement is very clear.
  3. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Gab-AG. said:
    Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
    Those are base damage numbers. Power Strike skill and increased rotational speed for weapon's length make all the work done.

Talking multiplayer here, where the skill is the same. As for the reach advantage, you won't be able to use it if there's any competent ranged player on the enemy team, you'll die very quickly.

I was talking about this:
    A Rhodok military cleaver (one handed) deals 35 swing damage, whereas the great sword deals 42 swing damage and a normal two handed sword deals 40. That's  not that much more at all.
    So I think damage difference is still considerable.
    Actually, skills are different in multiplayer. For example, you can look through this wiki: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Multiplayer_classes
    Nord Huscarl have 5 Power Strike, Khergit Infantry 3, and every other infantry 4. Each point of PS gives 8% addition to the damage. So, if we will use Huscarls PS, 40% addition. Then military cleaver is 49 and two-handed sword 56. We have 7. Not very good enough? It can be meaningful in case how much hits the opponent will sustain, 2 or 3. Plus there are different speed calculations, I don't know the math behind them. Two-handed users move faster than shielders, so at least they have better propulsion.
    But I will agree about ranged users obliterating them. And heavy armor in Warband only give archers more time to stuff a two-handed user with arrows.

One thing I noticed on videos from Gamescom that sometimes, usually in tournaments, some high-tier infantry were sprinting like devils. Anybody else have seen that? Was it some special Sprint mechanic or they just have tons of points in Athletics?

And one more - how does this deflecting mechanic is going to be implemented for two-handed axes? Deflecting with shafts sounds like actual fantasy.
  4. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Gab-AG. said:
    Cpt. Nemo said:
    Because the entire point of two handed weapons is increased risk for massive damage.

Based on Rainbow's suggestion, deflecting an arrow would be so rare that the value of risk would barely change at all.

Edit: To elaborate on that, I also wouldn't really say that two handed swords in Native deal massive damage as of now. A Rhodok military cleaver (one handed) deals 35 swing damage, whereas the great sword deals 42 swing damage and a normal two handed sword deals 40. That's  not that much more at all. You do also have a reach advantage, but as it is now two handed weapons are almost entirely useless in any battle server: before you even get close to the enemy to be able to use your reach/damage advantages you'll be peppered by any type of missile and die, and that's pretty much why you rarely see any competent player with a polearm or two handed weapon in battle servers. I'm not advocating for making two handed weapons more powerful or anything, this is merely an observation.

Those are base damage numbers. Power Strike skill and increased rotational speed for weapon's length make all the work done.
  5. Gabriel_Gonzaga

?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

Kehlian said:
    KhergitLancer80 said:
    Obelix is a battanian right ?
    He is a gallian and gallians are Celtic.

On a sidenote, that region of France is called Britannia (it's where I'm from :grin:), it was part of the briton Kingdom of Arthur and we still got some differents laws than the other regions of France because of that (Highways are free there, for instance, and we got our own language on top of French).
    Battanians seem more based on britons than gauls (the difference beeing the era, britons are gauls pushed back by Rome, if I'm not mistakrn, but do not take my word for it)

I wanted to share that useless piece of informations because just like any other french brittanian, Im a chauvinistic dude that brings his flag along with him to live in another country.
    (Do any other than french people notice that black and white flag in events and meetings ? It's like we're everywhere)

What about Fian troop branch in Battanian troop tree? They seem to be pretty much like Fianna warriors, so what about goidelic people?
    For me Battania seems pretty much like Sturgia in means of mingled nationalities.
  6. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Household Management

Lord Engineer said:
    Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
    On the side note, about loosing renown with death.
    Basically, what is renown? Famous people doesn't loose their fame just for being perished. I believe it could be as the game proceeds, some renown deterioration would have it's place. We know about several pretty ancient generals and politicians, right? So if in Bannerlord someone famous dies, why all his renown will dissappear? It's more likely that he will be in some degree forgotten, but not fully. So, we can have something like renown steps, by accomplishing which character's renown can't drop below those quantities upon his death.
    For example, step 1 is 100 renown, step 2 is 200. Your character accumulated 156, it beats step 1, so the character's contribution towards clan's renown stash upon death is 156 and falling to 100, like "safety net" mechanics from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and his life is not so worthless on the clan's scale.
    I agree with you on the fact that a person should not be forgotten just caused they died, doesn't disappear, though it does fade (like renown did over time in Warband). I agree with the idea that once a character reaches a certain level of renown then that character will not fade back into obscurity, the 'safety net' being an apt description. I would propose something like this (assuming renown scales the same way as it did in Warband):
    • Renown:200 - Remembered, this character's name will be remembered but not much more. (If a character dies past this point they should get a tiny increase in renown)
    • Renown:1000 - Famous, this character's actions in life are well known to most people. (Smallish increase in renown after death)
    • Renown:2000 - Legendary, this character's legacy will live on throughout the ages. Their life story will be heavily debated by historians for times to come, generations will pass on tales of [character's name]'s deeds, etc etc. (Medium increase in renown after death)
    For something like this to work there might have to be something like a Clan History menu, or a sort of Hall of Fame to showcase these famous deceased members of a Clan. This idea would heavily favour older clans in terms of renown by comparison to newer ones, which makes sense as older clans would have had more time to garner renown than newer clans.
    Family heirlooms would be really cool, especially if you could track your ancestors and remember which ones originally used said items. It could be something like a sword forged by a character's great-grandparent and passed down from parent to child. Not really a feature, though it could be, just more of a fun idea to blend weapon crafting and inheritance.

Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
    {Btw}, Oxford Dictionary: renown
    The condition of being known or talked about by many people; fame.

‘authors of great renown’
    For some reason a lot of people mistake renown for something more along the lines of prestige or status. Glad you helped to try and clarify this.

I believe that a child should inherit some of their parent's renown simply based on the merit of being that person's child?, I mean the children of famous people in real life seem to. Obviously not too much renown, with the amount of renown being linked to the parent's renown (maybe it gets relatively bigger after parent passes each of the stages I laid out earlier). Honestly I'm not really sure what to say about influence, so I As for influence, I think that only a small amount should transfer to a child upon a character's death.

It's a shame that we don't have enough information about Influence. Though Renown mechanic is at least partially descended from Warband, Influence, on the other hand, is totally new kid in the garden, and they said only a couple of words about it. It's stated somewhere, that amount of Influence derives from owned fiefs, honors and renown, but what does it mean? Clan's influence is collective currency? Only leader have it available at his disposal? Plenty of things to learn yet.

And, to be honest, it was obvious that we would gradually start to discuss Bannerlord in such light. Like, "let's implement CK2 mechanics into Bannerlord!". All that Clan History, Heirloom Artifacts, Heirs and what do they inherit.
    I'm not saying it's bad, with all that Bannerlord is still staying original to the bones, and CK2's way to implement dynasty management is great and very entertaining. I actually can't find other viable options, but still it leaves a foul aftertaste.
  7. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Household Management

Fabiano Caputo said:
    Maybe renown is not exactly fame, renown indicates your power to influence politics and big decisions.
    When one dies of course it disappears because he cannot take part to discussions anymore, but his son could start with a lowered amount of it, since someone will already respect him as son of the renowned personality, while some others won't (maybe because they think it's their turn to take dacisions)

I believe they now have Influence for that exact cause, but it somehow connected to renown.

Btv, Oxford Dictionary: renown
    The condition of being known or talked about by many people; fame.

‘authors of great renown’
  8. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Household Management

On the side note, about loosing renown with death.
    Basically, what is renown? Famous people doesn't loose their fame just for being perished. I believe it could be as the game proceeds, some renown deterioration would have it's place. We know about several pretty ancient generals and politicians, right? So if in Bannerlord someone famous dies, why all his renown will dissappear? It's more likely that he will be in some degree forgotten, but not fully. So, we can have something like renown steps, by accomplishing which character's renown can't drop below those quantities upon his death.
    For example, step 1 is 100 renown, step 2 is 200. Your character accumulated 156, it beats step 1, so the character's contribution towards clan's renown stash upon death is 156 and falling to 100, like "safety net" mechanics from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and his life is not so worthless on the clan's scale.
  9. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Actually there are almost no "pro" videos with guys, who at least played Warband. I know only about IGN one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVKMcWu_CE
  10. Gabriel_Gonzaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prnp63R6B5Y

4:48
    You can look at parties in the settlement. Including garrisons.
  11. Gabriel_Gonzaga

On the interview with the Deutch girl they were showing Skill focus system. And when Paul have been spending Skill focus points, first Skill focus in Strategy was costing 3 points.
  12. Gabriel_Gonzaga

jamieroyle said:
    I noticed people asking about chambering before, and I'm not sure if someone has already posted this/noticed this (sorry if they have).

https://youtu.be/TNhs-XKKD-s

Stream 17 on the OP.
    At 26:18 I think the players overhead attack gets chambered by the AI.

Ty, the chamber is totally discernible.
  13. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Crowcorrector said:
    Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
    RoboSenshi said:
    Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
    RoboSenshi said:
    vicwiz007 said:
    So castles are now separate from the villages. Whether they are still built from the village is not clear, though I would have to guess no theyre just separate settlements like in Warband. Not sure how I feel about that. The old Bannerlord way was more realistic but if they scrapped it I'm sure they had good gameplay reasons.
    https://imgur.com/a/c5M3DQC
    (cant figure out how to make normal image work sorry)
    Yep it seems that way. It also looks like they may have scrapped the "villages have four improvements thing". Of all the villages, I've only seen a farm or a fishing port on them. No horse breeder or mine or flax field etc. This seems to either be scrapped or changed somehow which is a shame.

I hope we can get clarification on this. I noticed this in the very first video.

I personally saw villages with horses and salt mines.
    Could you please post a screen cap? I must have missed them.

Salt mine (I don't know how it should look like, but that's only thing that makes sense)
    GCLz1Ix.jpg
    Some bushes (grapes?) and wood piles
    Zu3bkQp.jpg
    I saw horses on some other video with better quality, but hope this one will do. It's such pita to rummage through all that clones of a gameplay...
    Qfvk9fH.jpg

Also I saw some cattle, but oh boy, I'm so tired of frame picking! You'll have to believe.

I think you're lying about the cattle :shifty:

Uo-oh, no way! Why you are so sadistic?
  14. Gabriel_Gonzaga

Yeah, some chaotically spreading enterprises, I like this way, too.
    Armagan also said that you'll have to specialize, no picking two perks of the same tier.
  15. Gabriel_Gonzaga

RoboSenshi said:
    Gabriel_Gonzaga said:
    RoboSenshi said:
    vicwiz007 said:
    So castles are now separate from the villages. Whether they are still built from the village is not clear, though I would have to guess no theyre just separate settlements like in Warband. Not sure how I feel about that. The old Bannerlord way was more realistic but if they scrapped it I'm sure they had good gameplay reasons.
    https://imgur.com/a/c5M3DQC
    (cant figure out how to make normal image work sorry)
    Yep it seems that way. It also looks like they may have scrapped the "villages have four improvements thing". Of all the villages, I've only seen a farm or a fishing port on them. No horse breeder or mine or flax field etc. This seems to either be scrapped or changed somehow which is a shame.

I hope we can get clarification on this. I noticed this in the very first video.

I personally saw villages with horses and salt mines.
    Could you please post a screen cap? I must have missed them.

Salt mine (I don't know how it should look like, but that's only thing that makes sense)
    GCLz1Ix.jpg
    Some bushes (grapes?) and wood piles
    Zu3bkQp.jpg
    I saw horses on some other video with better quality, but hope this one will do. It's such pita to rummage through all that clones of a gameplay...
    Qfvk9fH.jpg

Also I saw some cattle, but oh boy, I'm so tired of frame picking! You'll have to believe.
Back
Top Bottom