Recent content by G.Colonna

1. G.Colonna

what is the new 1257 ad dev Edition?

This? New 1257 ad dev edition for M&B Warband ! - HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223LKkhHA_s

11/02/2012...
  2. G.Colonna

Bug Reports

I had a try with new patch(with new scenes).

So started a new game, went in Tortosa.

First the loading time is long, I've a decent computer and was perhaps 20 secondes. Ok its truly worth it, Tortosa is now absolutly beautiful.

Secondly, I can pass through a certain number of houses and towers. Houses like the one which host the Tavern.

Thirdly, I've encountered a sort of Run time error, when I tried to enter in the city for the second time. But thats perhaps a problem due to my computer or my installation.

3. G.Colonna

General Discussion and Suggestions

Ok, despite you argued in your OP "historical weapons and armors"...as usual, its really subjective to the modders standards.(either you either the genius who decided that Hospitallers had red liveries in 1185)

4. G.Colonna

General Discussion and Suggestions

I like to share some a constructive critic if you allow me(I know peoples will hate me lol): I was very disturbed by the presence of fins on knights shoulders, mostly because there is no proof this existed prior the end of XIIIth century, the earliest depiction of such equipement being from the seal of Jean Ier de Hainaut(born "Jean II d'Avesnes"). Most probably its 1280 because thats when he became count of Hainaut so at this date he got a new seal, that featured the famous "fins"("ailettes" in french, thats means little wings actually)

In short:

I means this piece of equipement is inaccurate for the mod time-frame:

http://medieval.mrugala.net/Armures/Images/Ailette.gif

My source is "Encyclopédie catholique : répertoire universel et raisonné des sciences, des lettres, des arts et des métiers", page 578

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k2008030

I know its a little mistake but the modellers created several versions of the knightly armors , one without these ailettes, I hope this will be removed in next versions.
  5. G.Colonna

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks you kalarkan, its works
  6. G.Colonna

@kalarhan

I'm trying to change mercenaries in the mod Hispania 1200, I don't even get what is the requierement, though I think I've identified the part related to mercenaries in module_dialogs.py, could the requirement be "(troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 30),"?

[anyone|auto_proceed,"lord_request_mission_ask",
      [(eq, "$players_kingdom", 0),
        (ge, "$g_talk_troop_faction_relation", 0),
        (ge, "$g_talk_troop_relation", 0),
        (troop_slot_ge, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 30),
        (neg|faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader, "$g_talk_troop"),
        (faction_get_slot, ":last_offer_time", "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_last_mercenary_offer_time),

(assign, ":num_enemies", 0),
        (try_for_range, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
          (faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_state, sfs_active),
          (store_relation, ":reln", "$g_talk_troop_faction", ":faction_no"),
          (lt, ":reln", 0),
          (val_add, ":num_enemies", 1),
        (try_end),
        (ge, ":num_enemies", 1),
        (store_current_hours, ":cur_hours"),
        (store_add,  ":week_past_last_offer_time", ":last_offer_time", 7 * 24),
        (val_add,  ":last_offer_time", 24),
        (ge, ":cur_hours", ":last_offer_time"),
        (store_random_in_range, ":rand", 0, 100),
        (this_or_next|lt, ":rand", 20),
    (ge, ":cur_hours", ":week_past_last_offer_time"),

(troop_get_type, ":type", "trp_player"),
    (this_or_next|eq, ":type", 0),
    (this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_cunning),
    (troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_goodnatured),
        ],
      "{!}Warning: This line should never display.", "lord_propose_mercenary",[(store_current_hours, ":cur_hours"),
                                      (faction_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_last_mercenary_offer_time,  ":cur_hours")]],

[anyone,"lord_propose_mercenary", [(call_script, "script_party_calculate_strength", "p_main_party", 0),
                                        (assign, ":eek:ffer_value", reg0),
                                        (val_add, ":eek:ffer_value", 100),
                                        (call_script, "script_round_value", ":eek:ffer_value"),
                                        (assign, ":eek:ffer_value", reg0),
                                        (assign, "$temp", ":eek:ffer_value"),
                                        (faction_get_slot, ":faction_leader", "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader),
                                        (neq, ":faction_leader", "$g_talk_troop"),
                                        (str_store_faction_name, s9, "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
                                        (str_store_troop_name, s10, ":faction_leader"),

(troop_get_type, ":is_female", "trp_player"),
    (try_begin),
    (eq, ":is_female", 3), #disabled
    (troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_lord_reputation_type, lrep_martial),
        (str_store_string, s11, "str_now_some_might_say_that_women_have_no_business_leading_mercenary_companies_but_i_suspect_that_you_would_prove_them_wrong_what_do_you_say"),
    (else_try),
        (str_store_string, s11, "@What do you say to entering the service of {s9} as a mercenary captain?\
    I have no doubt that you would be up to the task."),
    (try_end)
    ],
  7. G.Colonna

Hello, I'd like to know how to remove the requierement to become a mercenary. My goal is to be able to become mercenary once the beginning of the game(that is possible in  Europa 1257, but not in vanilla).

May someone help please?
  8. G.Colonna

How to become a Knight?

Malaken said:
    Alright, Thank you! This applies to both Knight Orders -AND- normal armies correct? I cant become anything but Archer/Crossbowmen in my game at the moment, im low renown though.

not in religious orders as far I knows(from 0.97). When you're the lord of village and you join an Order, you will become a Sergeant-Brother. If you're the Lord of a Castle/City, you will become a "real" monk-knight. But I never succeded to become a knight from starting as sergeant.
    If you hold nothing when joining an Order, you will start in the secular forces of such or such Order(same troops tree than other westerners, only teutonics have unic militias)

Religious Orders are a nice feature here, but the gameplay is very limited for Brother-Knights, as you're forced to always follow the Grand Master(out personal "holidays"  :smile:. There are not religious order offices, nor any possibility to become a religious vavasour(I means to hold a religious fief in name of the grand master)

I suggest to consider it before to renounce to your castle or your village, actually its only offer obligations to join an order, its really like a sect... :mrgreen:
  9. G.Colonna

Are archers/crossbows too weak?

Yes underpowered crossbows, but even more the kind of trajectory is quite wrong. Actually, there is no difference between an arrow trajectory and the one of a bolt.
    This is not due to 1257, its a native value.(I would like to know what file have to be modded to correct that crap)
    Arrow: parabolic trajectory further 20 metters
    Bolt:  always straight/right trajectory, thats why its easy to become a decent crossbowman when its need several years to become a decent archer.

@Garrywong, in the new version(AD1257 1.02), crossbows are "99%" of accuracy. Just download Morgh editor and modify the stats, you can same attribute "pierce armor" to bolts  :smile:
  10. G.Colonna

Feedback current SVN revision - peasant abusion system

stevehoos said:
    Make interprises cost more and give more money. It is ridiculous that I have 20 different businesses around the globe. How about making a Dyeworks cost 25000 and give say 600 to 1000 dinars? This would make things feel more realistic, instead of owning properties all over the world.
    Seconded, I would go further suggesting to bring more benefits and restrictions because of your social condition, for exemple:
    A Craftman/Merchant can have an enterprise but no join tournament nor hold a fief
    A Noble can't have an enterprise but can join tournament and to hold a fief

I like to play as a commoner...actually I'm playing as a son of artisan who can fight Joinville or Coucy in tournaments and hold a fief and...its recalling me that horrible film "A Knight’s Tale".  :sad:
    Apologies to modders for being complaining  :smile:

@Rad, yes, if there is no local lords to fight, the game bring famous knights in the party and wore the arms of the hosting lord/king... french lords Coucy and Joinville and that Joachim Cator who comes straight from the late14th century.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jousting

11. G.Colonna

Future Factions!

I would like to Cilician Armenia as well, as an independant kingdom, friendly with crusaders and italian states, but hostile to muslims and Romans
  12. G.Colonna

Noticing some programming monsters :o is it only me?

"1) When you start the game, the Comuni Guelfi is at war with the Bohemian Kingdom, is it normal? :s"
    1)never understood why...a bit funky from an historical point, and from a gameplay point, its also not productive, because while Bohemians is busy with this unhistorical struggle against Guelfs, the germans can more easily beat them...
    I'm personnaly for a limitation of the conflicts to "historical/historically probables" if possible, at least between AI factions.

Worse thing that happened to me: I founded my own Kingdom in North Africa, and who declared the war?? The welshes! They just have ruined my campaign...Same muslim kingdoms I've fought before didn't have an hostile attitude against me when I've accessed to the Ruler status.
    Now I don't try anymore to become a ruler, as I don't want to be bothered with this stupid AI...I more enjoying the game as a mercenary, and when France conquier London and Mamluks got beaten by the Crusaders, then I just leave the game.  :mrgreen:

@Vendayn, actually, breaking of lance and weapons affect also your enemy's weapons. Sometimes, you can see soldiers trying to protect themselves with theirs arms...like boxers.
  13. G.Colonna

Off topic Rome 2

Yes, this submod looks nice. Its always surprising thats obscur dudes behind their pc can have better concepts than an international team of skilled game creators.  :neutral:
  14. G.Colonna

Off topic Rome 2

@Reigner, I do it for Genoeses and more generally italians on MTW2, so greatly enjoyed the work done here. Allowed me to have endless wars with my favorite ennemies the Pisans, starting like a poor dude with a crappy crossbow...thanks Thomas, Kuauik Othr and other ones I don't known.
    But yes, CA are badasses anyway, feeded-up with badass films, only response is boycott. And wait the game get discount...hum saying 10 euros, I'm patient.
  15. G.Colonna

Off topic Rome 2

Modding on Rome and MTW2 have been made possible and accessible because a few ones like KnightErrant have created tools. C.A contribution to modding by releasing of tools is neglectable. Modding individual capacities, existence of "friendly-noob" tools and their damn arbitrary hardcodes are different matters.

@FFC Fritz, I would be more complaisant against Stanley Kubrick(or it is a Sergio Leone's one?), at least he don't sell collector box at 100euros, nor made DLC from cutted scenes  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom