Recent content by FTorres

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

MitchyMatt said:
    Any troop over level 40 can't be recruited. Therefore the prisoners you see are not available to be recruited.

Damn how am I suppossed then to field an army of overpowered machinegun-arrow spitting Noldors? :'(
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hi there it's been years since I last played PoP. I'm now allowed to access Elacrai, got decent relations with the Noldor but I can't for the life of me figure why I can't rescue and hire Noldor prisoners.

Been attacking small Jatu warbands with something like 3-10 Noldor prisoners but when I win and the hire screen pops up they're not there... what am I missing? I'm using the Steam workshop version of it
  3. Version 0.772 Released!

gsanders said:
    FTorres said:
    gsanders said:
    Would you be so kind as to redirect me/us to the changelist? what's new or added apart from Lords? I have yet to install this r2 version but prior to it I noticed that groups of enemy lords won't band together against you...

Thanks for your efforts! regards from Spain!

The answer is implicit in my previous post.

Official change log .76 r2
      1) allies behavoir - can now join battles on your side.  Enemy AI unaffected; they join or not by a different script
      2) skins change to support undead, needed by Ialoch's followers
      3) removal of exploitable battle commands sprint, rage, focus; and removal of F7 skirmish mode
      4) fix of rents to not divide by uninitialized variable
      5) tie in to 4 hour timer to restart crashed game message window
      6) option to turn off formations or change behavoir in camp menu:settings
      7) a) formations code update so that AI gives morale effects according to sudden surges in losses by either side.
          b) Player can influence morale of his/her side by battlefield kills 

Are you screwing with me?
      I gave this info in your last letter.

If you need to decide whether you feel like installing a patch, based upon a formal document, my advice is don't bother.
    Nothing, made in Warband for less than the price of a postage stamp, is bug free.  Your two year warranty of merchantability
    in the EU doesn't apply to free games made by hobbyists, for hobbyists.  Neither for that matter is there an implied warranty for time spent
    on a support forum.  At best you leave with education, but in no way can I refund time spent reading.  You can always de-install
    the game, walk outside, live life.  Everyone else has the choice to use patches or not, as they feel like.  Just as I have the choice to stop patching,
    if I feel like.  That is why you get what you pay for in mods.  This is why Perisno is free.  It has had .76, then a quick patch called .76,
    and now one that reads .76 r2 on your screen to track the differences in bug reports.  Anything more formal, like a letter of submission
    to CE for hardware certification, is not neccessary for software added as an extension of another company's game product.
    If you really don't want to patch, I can't make you patch.  I just dont want you to write about how we dont fix your problem, if you dont use the patch that in fact is written FOR the problem.  If you see the issue...

Notice as much as I am a bastard I have yet to delete any of your posts.  I do think we've done this subject enough.  I'll try to waste less of your time with patches that lack supporting documentation, if you prefer to see them every 2-3 months like other devs.  I patched within hours of being notified, and instead of using the fix we play 20 questions.  I will make someone else answer, and patch, the next 5 issues in your honor.

By then I can have a Perisno .9 published, minus documentation of course.

See that line I put in bold? tone that **** down, I don't know who the **** you think you are or what you think I've said or done but I'm starting to get tired of your attitude and your insolent tone.

Please just reply whatever you want to this message and in the future leave no replies to my comments, I've been nothing but polite and asked, never demanded or put anyone's work down so keep your **** patronizing attitude to yourself.
  4. Version 0.772 Released!

gsanders said:
    FTorres said:
    Either I double posted elsewhere or I can't find the question I made  :???:

This Perisno_0.76_Patch_r2 is it save compatible with the 0.76 saves?

Please and thanks in advance!

That is the idea; it is possible it is "almost" savegame compatible.  Some variables are added, which should have broken the save, but it accepted my .76 saves in test.  I expect it would fail going from 76 r2 -> 76    but  76 -> 76 r2 seems to have survived.  Test points of interest would be companions and lords after the transition.

- GS

Would you be so kind as to redirect me/us to the changelist? what's new or added apart from Lords? I have yet to install this r2 version but prior to it I noticed that groups of enemy lords won't band together against you...

Thanks for your efforts! regards from Spain!
  5. Version 0.772 Released!

Either I double posted elsewhere or I can't find the question I made  :???:

This Perisno_0.76_Patch_r2 is it save compatible with the 0.76 saves?

Please and thanks in advance!
  6. Version 0.772 Released!

gsanders said:
    Frankoiz said:
    Hi, I just updated from 0.75 to 0.76. I cant seem to make my archers do anything. If I tell them to form two rows they just step back. This only happens with the archers. I tried the same with Infantry and Cavalry, and they work just fine. Anyway for me to fix this? Also, I don't know if it's a bug but whenever I fight an enemy, my surrounding allies don't join my side anymore. Is there something I'm missing? Like renown or relation?

Archers always run in front of you at first. 

As for your allies jumping in, look at the previous post to yours and get that patch to .76

It has been mentioned at least 20 times, maybe 5 times by ProWolf alone.  You're the 21st person to write a message about it.  I'm just going to ask you to exercise your neck and look upwards.

I'd like to know if this .76r2 patch needs a new game to be fully enjoyed, please and thanks in advance.
  7. [Suggestions Request] New Quests

Yeah maybe it is me but Elders aren't giving much quests anymore, I know is gamey but I tend to reload so I can get the relationship bonus and recruit more guys that I need for my newly given Hakkon city.

I know it could be a little like spamming but there is a tweak in the "tweaks" thread where you can ask for another quest to Lords, Elders, Guildmaster and pretty much everyone else if they fail to give you one on the first place or if you decline that type of mission. Maybe implementing that is a bit tooooo much gamey.

But then instead boost the relationship bonus you get, I've saving a few villages from bandits and training them etc... I got a few +1 or +2 to relationships when the max IRC is capped at 100... I mean c'mon... you save their lives and you don't get a little +5 at least?
  8. Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Even if it's a bit unhistorical I would so love to see the needle rifles here, at least only to be accessible to player and companions ^^
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreyse_needle_gun
  9. The Reckoning is now OSP!

shame, maybe I came in too late. I always wanted a Fallout-like mod for Warband... hope everything goes great in your new path choice!
  10. How to tweak the food consumption on Perisno .76?

Thesslian said:
    Wow.  I actually know how to do this one.  I did it in another mod I was playing that expanded the native map by 4x but didn't really add much to it so going anywhere would drain your food quickly.  You could use Morghs to edit the items or you could just manually edit the file.  Manually editing the file is very easy.  Go into the perisno folder in your mount and blade modules folder and open the file item_kinds1.txt.  Like the file suggests this has the info for all the items.  Press ctrl+f to open the search window and type in grain and hit ok.  This will take you to the start of the food items in the game.  You will see a line that looks like this:

itm_grain Grain Grain 1  wheat_sack 0  33619979 0 30 4398046578176 15.000000 110 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 90 0 0

The 90 that is three numbers from the end of the line is the food amount.  It's that same for all of them.  Third number from the end is the item amount.  Whatever number you put there is going to be the amount that shows up in game.  Note that this only changes the amount. The 30 in the sequence is the cost.  The 15.00000 is the weight if you want to adjust those manually too.  If you are going to mess with things that much I would recommend using Morghs just to cut down on the probability of errors.

Thanks I ended up using that same tool you mentioned, I had no luck with the profiles of M&BTweak so most of the options remained unchanged but even at a higher weight cost having more food is better IMO... at least in my gameplays, I love seeking guys to enslave and sell and I've discovered in this mod is one of the most profitable ways to proceed ^^ thx again!
  11. How to tweak the food consumption on Perisno .76?

Wow feels like you took it personally :/ I didn't mean it that way, I just wanted some help with the food and I'm thoroughly enjoying this mod but at the same time I believe is kinda of a "weird thing" to be unable to march for a week without having to stop every few towns to restock.

Complaining that I, the person that gave you everything in terms of easy starts, suddenly made it hard by not tripling food size like 75 (and were weights triple?  cost?) makes me wonder if you really know how much you were already given.
    I think there was a misunderstanding here...

As for "all your inventory is food", look at the number of portions an item has.
    I've been micromanaging so they have enough units left and with different types and qualities of food items, usually carrying 3 of each from cheap to normal to fine.

Again sorry if this offended you or whatever, I ended up editing item sizes... will be taking a look at the .76r2, thanks.
  12. How to tweak the food consumption on Perisno .76?

Hi! I've been trying to use the TweakMB tool with no success and I've been around the small fixes thread but the code in the small triggers is completely different. In the last version you could have huge bags of food so feeding your troops or a mid sized army woulnd't become such a problem, as...
  13. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Hi there! I'm playing Perisno 0.76 and as you can see in the pics this type of hammer has a "pointy end" that should deliver piercing damage not blunt.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2zjm5gx.jpg
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/6t0g1z.jpg

thanks guys!
  14. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Hi! I'm playing 0.76 non Steam workshop and I just had a quest given by the guildmaster of a Drahara city to hunt down a group of Desouk Slavers and they spawned as a Drahara-faction unit, attacking them both fulfilled the quest and gave me a -1 relationship penalty with the Drahara.

Hope it isn't intended since they gave me the quest to track them down.

Also, every single time I'm asked to hunt Lymbardian knights I can't seem to find them anywhere near the quest states, I've been to the point of dropping my entire army and just run like crazy with my horse and mounted companions just to quick scout the area with decent spotting and tracking aaaand they're nowhere to be found... this isn't a bug maybe, just annoyance that keeps happening to me I guess... unless someone can confirm it ^^
  15. Constantly Being Attacked By Sub Factions

Have horses in your inventory, they help you speed up since they carry some of the weight of the food.

Try and get light cavalry in moderate numbers, they are good and fast IMO.

Pathfinding as soon as you can, prioritize over tactics or trade or leadership.... you need to outrun those damn everyones hunting you.

If you get caught try to hold the high ground, I've survived many a few battles by positioning my mid level infantry on top of the hill as to stop the heavy cavalry charges
Back
Top Bottom