Recent content by Foxosaur

1. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

YAY, I started playing BL again recently and was eagerly waiting the next big drop ^^
  2. Patch Notes v1.1.4

Kinda lost my momentum playing this game, as just a casual, its just disheartening to see the way AI attackers - AI siege defenders just calcs it way off normal and hands the wrong result, amongst other things. Please fix this part, separately if you have too.
  3. After 2 years of a successful EA launch I just want to say "Thanks!"

6967641276_1297c426a0_c.jpg
    :giggle:
  4. After 2 years of a successful EA launch I just want to say "Thanks!"

It's a shame to read a post congratulating the company and the game itself when it's by a known cynic / critic.

I think Bannerlord is pretty good these days and stuck with it since its first day of EA. I'm happy, so without any due or undue jokes or sarcasm, thanks for giving me a good game that I see regular improvements on.
  5. How is everyone's morale these days?

I think the game is great, I play it in spats since its release of EA to now. It was pretty awful performance wise until 1.4 ish, the sandbox "functioned" but everything felt a little robotic, I didn't regret the purchase though, was happy to see it develop as a game.

In the beta of 1.7, I came back again and spent a good 20 hours or so in an existing campaign (that may have started in v1.6+ or something) and it feels so much better. Cohesion feels great for limiting the change of hands of settlements and towns as empires lords are forced to disband. They need to do work on calculating incentivised peace offers though as it can be OTT as well and other forms of diplomacy. Mercenaries change allegiances way too fast, in my opinion but to me a lot of it is quite minor but all contribute to immersion. How the AI army flipflops between going to a settlement and sieging is a problem and can be frustrating but once you realise its probably related to wounded numbers and if the player is in the army, you can get around it - again, its minor.

Overall though, it now feels pretty polished, good performance, good controls and every battle feels fluent and dynamic, just need more content in the sandbox - by all sorts of ways and keep evolving the game. It's definitely come a long way and definitely is a game I can just regularly sink time into now, quite happily.
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

The page 15 loading problem in this thread seems to have come down to an obscure PHP bug. It was affecting most users, but not all; for instance, my main admin forum account here could load the page fine, but my test account also received that error. An update to PHP on the forum server seems to have fixed it.
    I kept hitting this whilst purely being a voyeur... thanks for commenting ^^
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

*shakes fist at work laptop that is a 10th gen i5 but has integrated UHD graphics which only gives 20 fps*
    *plots a later return to Calradia*
  8. Wondering if PC could run it on low-medium settings

I have a pretty crappy PC.... It can run Warband 200v200 siege battle at around 40 fps, on average(maximum everything) but gets ALOT less frames when doing larger battles with the Viking DLC/ Expansion pack. I saw on the steam minimum system specs were pretty low but, my graphics card is integrated (I'm working on getting a 1080 ti) so, it won't run as well if I had an actual card.

Warband is amazing, but Bannerlord is better. I (based on my experience with triple A titles) recon I could get a a 50v50 medium settings at a constant 30, possibly 40fps

Those of you with more computer knowledge could help a lot
    Thanks for your time if you put the effort in to read and answer this (:

Here's my PC (probably a rip off tbh but I don't have enough experience to build my own, or enough money to buy a better one)

AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 3350G
    Radeon Vega 11 Integrated graphics
    1 fan (was ripped off on that lol, said it had 3)
    uhhhhh
    450KW (W?) Power supply

Can't remember the rest

Edit, Apparently it's not triple A.... I need to get my facts right
    It'll play okay with the CPU but your graphics card needs replacing with a dedicated GFX card, you can get away with a mediocre card (e.g £70) on medium settings that way and 8GB of ram. That is if your happy playing at a respectable 30fps for most scenes. Last time i checked the minimum requirements you can use a intel 630 gfx card which my laptop has... so it is "doable" to some degree. If your really interested in the game and like what you see though, its probably worth buying and trying with your integrated card anyway - then make the call. You can limit the size of battles as much as you like as well.

If you want moar, like a lot of who expect nothing less than 50fps or 60fps and on higher settings, then look at other peoples suggestions. Hope that helps you dude - looking at the release date of your CPU, it isnt that old so I wouldn't want to be looking at upgrading it yet yet(?). Depends on your budget.

As for the people commenting about spending a lot of money to "invest into" and "start your hobby", complete nonsense. That's like saying you can't learn photography well enough to enjoy it without a DSLR camera. As for waiting until the game is ready, draw your own conclusion on that, I haven't played since 1.5.7 and - allegedly 1.5.8 has made a mess of things though (reading between the lines) - it was pretty good and enjoyable other wise but again if you have high expectations of the game, you may be disappointed - depends who you want to listen too.
  9. The Latest Major Patch Announcements - TaleWorlds Communication

For those who don't have the link - its this - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/437 ^^ (@Callum maybe that thread should be a global thread? *shrug*)
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.7

I split up and sold my PC over Christmas to help pay for a gaming laptop (which I've sort of allocated to pay for a new roof on the shed...) so I've completely missed some of 1.5.6 and 1.5.7 - but wanted to comment on the whole Siege defence complaint thing.

@mexxico Its my experience in Warband that the "attrition" as an attacker to get to the walls and onto them, that is, mostly death to archers - was what became costly and really impacted a siege outcome. This is the same when defending, it was somewhat realistic to be able to kill 20 soldiers yourself with a bow, and your fellow defenders really did kill a few - they had the advantage of view and range. It was even possible to successfully defend reasonably different numbers of attackers/defenders.

In bannerlord that doesnt seem the case, its as though there is too much "protection" for attackers infantry as well as the new fixed siege attacker positions that are defensible. Shields are also not just tall but wider than they were in Warband. I however do prefer the realism of Bannerlord.

Could I suggest that that maybe arrow penetration is higher for defending archers. AI / Player siegers are not going to usually attack without a higher number than in the castle - so odds are normally always "against the defender" - I also think there should be some sort of buff that a defender can use on e.g. the gate defenders, the wall defenders etc with a cool down and a specific radius of soldiers it will affect? That makes the role of a leader much more important on visiting different parts of the wall of a siege defence.
  11. Siege defenders need some love

I agree with the OP. I would think it is enough that soldiers are behind walls and on ramparts but it is not. I blame this on the lack of armor piercing on arrows from defenders on the wall. There should be more "attrition" for the attackers by virtue of attacking something so perfectly defendable, like a castle.
  12. SP - General Serving As an Individual in Army

Serving As an Individual in Army

This perk is commonly known as "Freelancer" and I really want this to be implemented to the game. Joining a Noble's or Ruler's army as a recruit and climbing ranks and eventually becoming "Banner Knight or Khan's Guard" (highest troop tier of whatever faction you're serving in). Imagine your lord caught up on battle and has to fight against 300 while your army is just consisting 100 men. You can turn the tide of the battle based on your battling skills. After winning, you should be able to get a small amount of money and loot according to the amount of men you've killed and you should buy your own favorite weapons and armors in time. When you get defeated, you should have to find your Lord after he's released, ransomed or escaped in 15 days, otherwise you should be declared a deserter and your criminal rating in nation you're serving should jump to 100. And Eventually, when you rich and powerful enough, you should leave the army and raise your own war-party. Please TaleWorlds, make it a thing do not leave it to the modders.
    @mexxico
    Really nice idea ?
  13. Wasn't the refactor supposed to speed up development?

Game companies don't have to do only one thing. In fact, branching off into a different genre with your proven tech can be a wildly succesful venture. There's nothing bad about it. In fact it can generate news that will draw attention to them for it, and as its been said, "No publicity is bad publicity"

Agreed

It worked for Paradox Studio's to do exactly that.
  14. What we have in Bannerlord pre-release dev diaries but not in game by now

Said the crybaby? I can only judge what I see, I can't read your mind and normally when handing out "sample text" you include your own preferences, but a fully mature person such as yourself working a full time job(wow congratulations!) obviously has a deeper thought process than the average joe is neither mature nor works full time.

I can see we're not going to get along here @Kipsta because I'm evidently dealing with someone that has a fixated opinion about my post and has missed the point. Goodbye :smile:
  15. What we have in Bannerlord pre-release dev diaries but not in game by now

You literally wrote the statement you want them to make.

No, I was hypothesising, you just *think* that's what I want but unfortunately your dealing with a grown up. I was only giving them a sample they could write. I've played like 60 hours of Bannerlord and play other games more and work full time. I just think they could do with saying something from a general perspective and have actual no idea what that is and openly say I don't know what it should be either?

Try being constructive and less combative.
Back
Top Bottom