Recent content by Fokke

1. Server admins, PLEASE, lower the starting gold!

There is people here who have a life, and as such they can't exactly be 24/7 playing Warband honing their skills. That's the people who get owned every time, but they don't care because they just enjoy playing the game.

But let's do it your way. You comes home in the evening and decide to play your favourite mod. You join a server and start playing, but you can't get the money to buy the good stuff because, well, you're a noob. So you get to play all the time with the crap while the pro, who is already able to block everything you throw at him, ALSO has items twice better than the ones you have.

I don't want that, I want to enjoy Deluge as much as my skills allow me to and not as much as your wish to show everybody that you are better than me dictates. It's a game, it's not a second life that exists to gratify you if you're good at it.

So having access to the best items like all the other people isn't a bad thing for me because it gives everybody a chance to actually have fun and play the game without stress.

If it really ruins the game for you why don't you and your friends set up your server with your rules, and leave the public ones to us mere mortals to enjoy?
  2. Clan's Password-Protected Banners and Banner suggestions

My group has not been active for some time as a whole, but you can still see some of us playing on the servers.
    Me and my friends have no intention of giving up. We plan to get back in actions as soon as the new version comes out with a dozen or so members.
  3. Battle of Prostki - October 8, 1656 (Youtube Video)

I like that kind of film. They are genuine historic films, not trash like many movies we see on cinemas and TV, whose only aim is to enrich their makers, and that are mostly meaningless.
    "With Fire and Sword", "The Deluge" and "Colonel Wolodyjowski" are all films taken by Henryk Sienkiewicz's novel trilogy about this era: "Ogniem i Mieczem", "Potop" and "Pan Wolodyjowski".

These film can be easily found on the Internet with english subtitles, even in parts on YouTube, but I don't think that this is actually legal.
    However, maybe the makers of these films didn't care as much to earn some money as to show to the world their Nation's history and publicize it, so they won't even try to remove their material from the net.
  4. Clan Or Member Seeking

Hajduks are recruiting members. We are an english-speaking european company but our members speak also italian, polish and serbian.
    We have made this company practically from nothing, with very few founders and we are still organizing this; we'll arrange a teamspeak server as soon as possible.
    You can contact me on Steam, my id is khfokke.
  5. Hajdučka Družina

Edit: This topic was filled with spam and potential flame as I opened it. A mod has cleaned it and messages are missing, except the following one, which was my reply. I hope it will clear up further doubts.

... Hajduks were common people who for various reasons lived as outlaws, hiding in woods and attacking Ottomans who were ruling the Balkans (=Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece...) since 15th century.
    Hajdut is the same term in Bulgarian.

ProudBulgarian said:
    YOU FORGOT TO SAY THAT HAIDUTS ARE BULGARIANS!

I already know this kind of replies. Please keep nationalism out of this topic. I'm founding a clan, not exalting someone's nationality.

Edit:

This clan is about every Hajduk, or Hajdut, Hejduk, Gajduk, anyhow you want to call it: they were the same men fighting against one enemy, in Bulgaria as well in Serbia.
    What's the point of all this discussion?  :neutral:

Hofiko said:
    False. Hajduks were popular unit in this part of Europe, and as far as I know, they come from Hungary.

Hajduks were also regular troops in Commonwealth army, from Hungarian origin, as well as Hussars. Both of these troops come from Balkanic region: slavic people found refuge under the Habsburg Monarchy and from there they spread out towards Poland. They were regular soldiers, with uniforms and were part of the Polish-Lithuanian army.
    Totally different were the Balkanic Hajduks, who weren't actually troops, but rebels, warriors without a true organisation and whose aim was to become rich or obtain freedom from Ottoman oppression; indeed Ottomans didn't allow to those subjected people to carry weapons or fine clothes: Balkanic people were mostly peasants, or priestes and monks, since Ottomans did allow freedom of worship.
  6. Clan Banners

b7fkgz.jpg

Banner for Hajdučka Družina
  7. Hajdučka Družina

Hajdučka Družina Hajduks were outlaws and fighters who were active in the Balkan peninsula during Ottoman domination, roughly from 15th to 19th century. Driven by ideals of freedom or by lust for glory and wealth, they fought tenaciously and inspired their people during the foreign rule...
Back
Top Bottom