Recent content by Fogbot3

1. Fogbot3

Good Mods

Romae Bellum is exactly like Native with Roman era troops, factions, and names. The map is all of europe and quite big but with space bar that shouldn't be that big of a difference.
  2. Fogbot3

WTF French?

Revan Shan said:
    What are the French doing in Guatemala? And why does the player start as a British soldier? It makes no sense
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_intervention_in_Mexico - During the Civil War, French invaded Mexico since the US was too weak at the time to enforce the Monroe Doctrine(Thanks for helping me study- got my finals for my class about this tomorrow(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine)) with the Confederates rebelling. Since this takes place during the civil war, that means that it is also the same time as the French invasion of Mexico, therefore, it should be a wtf if France wasn't in Mexico.
    2. The backstory is that you are an European immigrant, so it's implied that you came over as a soldier.
  3. Fogbot3

Should I have Nord Archers?

Maybe 5- 10%, small enough you should be able to hide them behind your infantry easily, but enough of them to do damage. As a Swadian, Nord vet. archers are the ONLY thing that regularly inflicts casualties to my Swadian Knight army, even huscarls and other knights seem to just be approachable and too close ranged to kill in time my knights before getting killed or do not enough armor to survive first charge or attack. I would say  Sarranid master archers are better for your purpose(heavy armor, bow, and throwing weapons), but you are looking for a Nord only build.
  4. Fogbot3

Remove lord of the rings?

Caralas said:
    I don't understand why would you devs be removing LotR Combined (Middle-Earth), it allows those who don't like some specific race/class/etc. to choose one of their liking (like I hate elves, snobby little bastards).

If anything those single factions of the Lotr should be removed (Defender ones Mordor/Isengard/Elves/Rohan+Elves/etc.) since some of those factions are missing stuff that are in Middle-Earth and vice versa.
    Now you guys have two places to update and watch everytime you want to add something for some faction. For example Mordor gets Black Uruk, you need to check both Mordor and Middle-Earth Mordor to add it.
    What about Rohan and Elves? They have 3 teams to look out, separate Rohan and separate Elves, Rohan+Elves and Middle-Earth.

Another thing that could be good or bad idea is how people shout that Greeks/Rome/Imperial Legions are overplayed/bad/****/too little variety(Thats me)/etc.
    Why not combine all those three into one massive some Ancient faction because each of them differ so little from each other in the end.
    Once again people could decide one they like, if server is holding event for Rome fighting admins could give and enforce orders.

Also 7 Years of War could be just one faction with countries as classes. Same thing for Napoleon.
    Also map list could be alphabetical, its nightmare to look out some favourite map. Those old Helms deeps/hornbugs could have tag something to define them being first and propably buggy maps like: (old gold/nostalgia map) or something.
    And as a last note: You guys could add some other weaponry to Anglo-Zulu. Swords/bayonets and Henry Martini Rifle without bayonet.
    It looks dumb British Empire soldiers scavenging from the dead Zulu men stolen BRITISH Henry Martinis which have no bayonets just because it shoots faster and is more accurate. :grin:

These are my couple thoughts of the current situation in the servers and mod. Sorry if it is hard to read and understand, this just poured out of me :lol:
    ^Thread closed, this is perfect. Lotr is actually of the most varied and fun factions,but the ancient factions are actually spammed much more, yet has absolutely no variety. The musket factions are practically useless because they are so inaccurate and have no armour, yet load slower and do less damage than good xbows.
  5. Fogbot3

Delian Confederacy never have a peace with any faction?

It's actually because the Delian Confederacy has too much land. So they all the factions near them declare war to prevent the growing of their power. The only faction that isn't at war with them is Carthage, and they are all the way across the map from them. If you ever want to be a legit save game with equal factions, you would definitely need to tinker with some the codes and distribute a lot of the Confederacies cities to the other factions.
  6. Fogbot3

Does anyone recognize this mod?

Move this the general mods section, and it looks like it might be eagle and the radiant cross, but no way to be 100% sure.
  7. Fogbot3

1860s - WEAPONS compendium (please read and VOTE!!)

GABRILDURO said:
    you cheated on a few other rifles made just a few years late by calling them prototypes

Actually I called the Mod 1860s cuz I meant to set it NOT in 1860 precise year but in that 1860/69 DECADE, see?
    Most people still do not get that point.
    That is why I set the yearn on the world map to a zero.
    Which is a smart way to avoid a specific year.
    But not cheating, really.

Instead, a couple of players called that...a bug?!  :roll:

I like to pretend that I am in different time periods, according to where I am atm on the world map (early 60s for ACW and Frontier zones and LATE 60s for Mexican areas, when the French invasion started)

Please report this as often as possible to other players, when they ask and I am not around,  cuz it was really a good and still historical
    choice that I made.

BACK to topic...yes, u are right but already my Modand Old 1866 on M&B are the most precise on old west weapons of ever.
    Did U see the other Games from Ubisoft/Activision/Techland?!  :roll:
    My god....so bad on sounds, reloading, specs and historical usage... and many issues...and we pay money to buy them.

Once again, thx to the many ppl that made the weaponry that is in my 1860s Mod and to Gax and those that concur to keep this Topic active (including U, FOG!  :wink: )

Gab
    PS...I had to "group" many different types of weapons giving them the same sound.
    1866 instead was able to code any gun with a specific sound. That was a plus of the mod.
    Nevertheless, the sounds that I finally  used are ....SO MUCH IMMERSIVE, aren t them?! :razz:
    Oh wow, I'm dumb, I thought the 's the was supposed to be possessive or something, is there a link to your 1866 mod, and does it have the ballard .44?
  8. Fogbot3

Stuck in a destroyed faction.

I do believe there is a retirement option in the camp menu.
    On an actual note, you will definitely have to save scum to get out of that. How did your faction lose anyways? Were the Swadians already losing when you joined or something?
  9. Fogbot3

all companions in one party

MickDick said:
    I've found in warband it's very easy to hold onto all your companions as long as you're not a terribad leader.

Persuasion helps for the downtimes, but as long as you aren't literally sacrificing your army over and over again (getting like 80% of them killed), lack of food, not paying them, etc, 9 times out of 10 they will not even try to desert.
    Army size is always what implodes morale for me, so until you get a castle be careful how many soldiers you recruit.
  10. Fogbot3

C U S T O M battles by GABBY !!!

GABRILDURO said:
    I love them too, as much as MP on my own using Bots or with my kid Gabriele on a Lan.
    Also my last version of Shootouts in Mexican towns!

Did U notice that I completely remade the Characters of Custom battles as well?

Most mods still have those old ones (Usiatra...etc  etc)

Yah, I know....using some filters with some factions will not work as expected... :sad:

But it is still a lot of fun! hehehehe----

Thx for pointing your good and bad issues  :wink:

gab
    Yeah, I noticed, nice not to have throwing knives and a pole if you accidentally forget to choose your character. I love the battle map it's on first, just for it's multiple layers of defense and you have to rush to save your men stuck in the barn halfway across the map.
  11. Fogbot3

1860s - WEAPONS compendium (please read and VOTE!!)

http://cap-n-ball.com/ballard.htm
    I noticed the Ballard .44 rifle is not on here due to being independently made, It was made before the 1860's, but it was patented in 1861. Considering it was considered one of the best single-shot rifles ever made and you cheated on a few other rifles made just a few years late by calling them prototypes, this should definitely get some mention.
  12. Fogbot3

Battle of Greasy Grass Debate

GABRILDURO said:
    he got hundreds of good men killed

THAT is a fact!  :neutral:
    Actually he had THOUSANDS of men dead under his command during his life.
    He has the highest number of dead people during his "crazy" charges, and the highest number of personal horses that he was mounting.
    That is due to his "strategy" when charging: point the objective and CHARGE!  :???:
    He was always so lucky to survive to that (only got seriously injured one time in the ACW if I am not wrong) that in the '60s and 70s ppl would refer to a "Custer's Luck" when speaking about lucky episodes.

The real hero of the USA army at the little Big Horn was Cpt. Benteen!
    http://www.historynet.com/frederick-w-benteen.htm

HE saved the rest of Custer s troops, in a fast but organized way, digging trenches and taking care of all things and men.

Gab
    Thank you, I wanted to say thousands but I felt you may think I was exaggerating. By the rest of Custer's troops,it was actually the divisions that weren't in the battle, only a single man(Frank Finkel) survived the battle and he just fled. In recent years scientists have actually been able to track the movement and fighting of every individual soldier, due to the way carbines uniquely marked the shells and musket balls were custom made. 2/3's of Custers men had been surround on two separate hills and were barely holding off, and Custer of course orders the men on the other hill to break their circle and come around him. Maybe a make a circle command is needed for this mod?
  13. Fogbot3

Battle of Greasy Grass Debate

George A. Custer said:
    I hope you all understand that custer was indeed very very close to winning here!
    No, he was horrifically slaughtered and lost all his men due to his disacceptance of new technologies that were the reason the settlers had even made it that far west. He was an ignorant old-school commander that's stupidity wouldn't be even close to being recreated until WW1. Sorry, but I hate when people try to glorify Custer, he got hundreds of good men killed while trying to attack an indian village with outdated weaponry.
  14. Fogbot3

C U S T O M battles by GABBY !!!

I love the custom battle option, but the troop types are misassigned, sliding it to 100% will make it all one troop, but it seems to be totally random which one.
  15. Fogbot3

Lord Defects

2dkun said:
    Well I don't think I relly understand what you mean, your faction is sarranid sultanate which means you are a vassal? If so, I think it's a good time to take a castle and one more and one more until the king refuses giving it to you, ignore him and take it and you have all the castles you've taken now, not at war with anyone. Good time to get a wife if you haven't, convince some lords to follow you. Focus on the ones who have no fief, usually their relationships with the kings are bad. Make them marshal as soon as possible, it increases 6 relation points tho, hold a feast as soon as you can. When the relationship reachs a certain point (about 50) they will not get jelous when you give fiefs for other lords and similar for being looted or losing battles.
    I'm currently trying to make the sarranids win, I did that with my other save. My problem is that no lords that deflect from defeated factions are going to us, even though we are the ones beating them.
Back
Top Bottom