Recent content by FlowDream

1. FlowDream

Do you think smithing skill should be removed?

I think what makes the smithing interesting is that you can get rare material from battlefield or treasure chest in cities or others plays, then you can smithing a very nice arms which you can not buy in shop. This make this game more like rpg. But now the smithing system is boring and not immersed, just like many other system BL has.
  2. FlowDream

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

I was just wondering whether that blog contained the future plans all the way to release. Apparently yes.
    I think the word is 'major' but not 'all', and I hope so.
  3. FlowDream

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

True, when we say about feasts, we care about immersion which BL lack much now. We hope that TW do more to improve immersion in the future, such as feasts and another things.
    Let talk more about immersion. Now what BL has, such as random npcs, lords without personality system, no feasts, large but lifeless cities and villages, makes BL functionalization machine but not immersion game. I hope TW give more love for immersion before this game is finally release.
    Actually, I see hope after 1.7.0 is out that TW start trying to improve this problem, and I hope they keep working on this direction. And one day, if they give back feasts, it will be a milestone meaning TW rediscover what really makes this game greate.
  4. FlowDream

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

It's not "essential" but I do wish TW cared more about immersion gameplay factors. Lack of feasts, bandits parties arbitrarily getting bigger depending on player clank rank (immersion breaking, awful for caravans), lack of depth to relationships/politics, lack of reasons to explore the very nice scenes, general lack of things to be doing outside of war war and sometimes WAR.

Like I said its not essential, but its disappointing that TW don't seem to care much about these elements that are the heart & soul of creating an immersive world that the player can get lost in. Hopefully the mod community can flesh out most of these aspects in time.
    True, when we say about feasts, we care about immersion which BL lack much now. We hope that TW do more to improve immersion in the future, such as feasts and another things.
  5. FlowDream

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

When can we have feasts?The game will never be finished until we have feasts!!!!
  6. FlowDream

Is this Patch 1.7.0 the final version of the game?

I think they should add fixed npc instead of the ramdon one
  7. FlowDream

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

I am curious that whether tw's game designer has been change, things seens getting better and game be funner to play:iamamoron:
  8. FlowDream

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Look good, keep hart work!
  9. FlowDream

What happened to map position based battle terrain?

That's not what I asked though - not directly. I always asked for Procedural Battle terrain. I explained why I think it's the only proper solution for this mess in many other threads before so I won't explain again.

I think you are referring to this discussion where Piconi said he would like to have something like this, and I told him that it's possible but also saying

And I thought it could be done as a mod until TW decides to take any action on this. We didn't even suggest that as a suggestion to Dejan if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure no one would say anything if they had plans like "We know that battle maps are not sufficient right now but we will bring procedural generation before the release" but instead they choose to continue with this extremely inefficient battle terrain system, and they decided to do that while one of the core functionality of the game is broken ( Sieges )
    Now you can say "Sieges are AI issue not scene" but that's not entirely the case, since they claimed that it's also a scene issue. If they had plans to have procedural generation, then the engine team or any other team that is not environment artists, would pick this task and start working on it while environment artists were working on fixing the scene issues of sieges to make them less unplayable. So at the end you would have a proper battle terrain and also semi-fixed and/or finished town scenes.
    But with this approach now they piled tons of work to environment artists. They have to fix scene issues on Sieges, they have to create more towns, villages, castles, and they have to create battle maps for 150 regions ( and some of the existing maps are already hilariously simplistic and low-quality ) - so if they will make a sloppy job, it will result in really bad and terrible battle terrain at the end.

But in the end, literally every solution, including this terrain system, would be better than what we currently have. So I'm okay with this as long as they can make it properly ( which I, unfortunately, don't have faith in because it seems like maps are scaled down too much in terms of real/map ratio )
    "Lets have maps and pick them randomly based on type" is one of the laziest decision TW took and whoever suggested this should reconsider his knowledge in game design because it's not just lazy but also completely against to Game UX principles.
    This is professional speak of true programmer. As to me, random map system is the best choice, the map system now they use make this game fully battle simulator, when I join a battle after 20 times in one same terrain, I feel I am a stupid guy that why not I just do it in battle simulator page? It is boring and destroy immersion.
  10. FlowDream

2018 GC cutting sound is better than the current one!

I like the old sound, the new sound like cut on the pumpkin。。。
  11. FlowDream

Show off your Bannerlord faces!

I think the man's faces look fierce(don't like it), in warband, they look much mild.
  12. FlowDream

Be a soldier: a new mode taleworld never has

Machine learning is a job that required much computing resources that most players's machine can not handle. And there is no game can use machine learning to improve AI now. But it is interesting may be possible in the next 10 years.
  13. FlowDream

Be a soldier: a new mode taleworld never has

You are playing the game in a wrong way and have to be corrected. It's like eating a pizza, but you are only eating the pineapple and throwing away the rest. Stop eating the pineapple! And why are you eating a pineapple pizza anyway? Disgusting.

It's too complex to make a good tactical AI that wouldn't fall for some stupid exploit or another. I would expect formation AI mods to be at about the Warband mod level. Not great, not terrible.
    To be honest, I will try to believe what you are saying is irony. It just like troll.
  14. FlowDream

SP - General Suggestion for Smithing System

Additives System

(1) Additives items can only be bought in store or get from trophy.

(2) Each weapon can be forged with an additive to improve its attribute value.

(3)Additives items affect the appearance of the weapon (such as adding ornamentation, adding pendants, adding texture, etc.)

For example:
    • Frog poison can be used to add the poisoning effect of the weapon.
    • Charcoal can be used to increase the metalness of the weapon.
    • Feathers can be used to increase the wood attribute of the weapon
    • Leather can be to improve the bludgeon damage of the weapon (shown as a skin hammer or leather gripper).
    • Ductile steel can improve the length or size of the weapon, etc.
  15. FlowDream

SP - General Suggestion for Smithing System

Attributes System
    There are 4 attributes: Metal, Wood, Water and Fire. Attribute affects weapon's characteristics:
    Attributes
    123.png

(1)Metal
    Metal affects the sharpness of the weapon. It increase sharpness and puncture damage. If your weapon has the superlative Metal attribute, your weapon will cause bleeding effect.

(2)Wood
    Wood affects the weight of the weapon. It increase the slashing speed of sword, increase the draw speed of blow, increase flying speed of arrow and the distance of projectile, etc.

(3)Water
    Water affects the bludgeon damage of weapon. If your weapon has the superlative Water attribute, your weapon will cause poisoning effect or group knockdown, etc.

(4)Fire
    Fire affects the crit rate of the weapon. If your weapon has the superlative Fire attribute, your weapon will cause burnning effect.

Attributes are mutually inhibition and complementary. See this table.

(+ means positive effect combination , - means negative effect combination.)

MetalWoodWaterFire
    Metal++-+
    Wood+++-
    Water-++-
    Fire+--+
Back
Top Bottom