Recent content by flarebright

1. We need a MESSENGER SERVICE.

Feasts can only work if there are periods of peace between conflicts. Instead of the constants wars that the mid and late game degenerates too.
  2. Bizzare issue with promoting a companion

ok that does seems a little buggy.
  3. Bizzare issue with promoting a companion

Don't think it's a bug. But it does seems to be a quirky edge case in the way multiple game system interucts. Every time a fief is won a few days later there is a vote on who to assign it too. Before the vote happens it temporary belongs to faction leader. Sounds like you assigned something to the new clan that did not permanently belonged to you because the vote did not happen yet.
  4. Is there any way to marry off your kids?

Hm Bluko if that guy does not have a lot of family members left alive marrying your daughter to him will ensure she will become the clan leader of leonipardes which would be kind of cool. You can also "assist" the untimely departure of remaining clan leaders if you don't mind doing a targeted execution or two (assuming his not in your current faction). This might be my crusader kings thinking mode going wild thought.
  5. Is there any way to marry off your kids?

Did not try it with kids, but worked with the brother in story mode. You have to talk to the farther of the lady you want married to your family member. It's actually faster and easier then getting married yourself.
  6. Has anyone figured out what makes wool weaveries so profitable in 1.7?

Is this still not the khuzait faction bonus? (Pro 25% production bonus to horses, mules, cows and sheep in villages owned by Khuzait rulers.)

Because that bonus explain why khuzait locations produce more wool,
  7. Critical Fail - Every time...

If you load another game save a little earlier in game time, there should be another different set of chances rolled. That's why when i know i am about to do a social encounter charm check i make a save a little bit before meeting target person instead of right at that person location. That way reloading from that point actually rerolls possible check results.
  8. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

I agree with petition in the original post.
  9. 1.7 Beta Rescue Captive Lord Bug

Thank you for confirming this bug Ananda. Hopefully your noble is earning his upkeep in your army :smile:.
  10. 1.7 Beta Rescue Captive Lord Bug

Discovered a nasty but in 1.7 Beta. I had an army with just my clan member parties in it (to save on influence) and defeated opposing kingdom army. Shortly after in nearby settlelment i went to exchange some troops with one of the clan parties in my army. To my big surprise i noticed an Aseri...
  11. Do you follow orders in an army battle?

That doesn't explain why the orders in the game are materialized as if the commander is speaking to you. You are correct about horns, musical instruments, and signal flags being used for orders, but they were far from the only methods, even in the most organized pre-modern armies such as the Romans, you need to have direct human communication in order to coordinate something so complicated. In smaller skirmishes, shouting orders was probably sufficient in many situations, but commanders speaking to each other, sending runners or riders in larger battles, is obviously necessary. You can't really replicate that in this game though. I'd rather have the orders that appear on-screen show up as just the rudimentary directions without your name, as if it's translating the horn blows, rather than it being as if the commander is sending text messages to you in those text dialogues. It's not a huge deal to me as is the system just working as it should be, but it is immersion-breaking.
    I view it as part of our character's historical background is they learned what orders those horn sounds match too. As I recall one of the childhood history events we go through when making characters talks about how all young adults were expected to take part in military service and asking us in what capacity we served.

My interpretation of the message we see is just a translation for a player. The orders that I remember also don't seem super complicated. They are stuff like "archers to skirmish in front" and "cavalry attack on left flank".

The above said I am all for more player choices. So if developers wanted to game option to disable screen messages for those who prefer horn sounds only, I would be all for it as long as it's a selectable option. They would need unique horn sounds for every order though.... Could also have different sounds for different cultural kingdoms too, for extra role play style points. But all of that takes development time so it's a question of priorities.
  12. Do you follow orders in an army battle?

Different horn (other musical instrument) sounds were used for different orders. It's how it was done historically. Also signal flags were used as well.
  13. The "circle around archers" formation is utterly suicidal (and infuriating)

I notice the Ai doing this when they 'think' they are outnumbered.

I will join a battle between a smaller friendly army and a larger enemy army. Combined our armies will far outnumber the enemy but my ally seems to ignore this and sets up in the circle formation.

The formation only makes sense to small parties (<50) that are overwhelmingly outnumbered and want to make some sort or heroic last stand. Armies of hundreds doing this is basically suicidal. They would fare much better by lining up conventionally.
    I love it when my AI ally circles up in situations like that. I park my archers/horse archers in loose line right behind the circle. My Archers do DPS while AI soaks up the casualties. Works out great for me (less great for the allied AI thought)

Works much better then when AI mindlessly charges into opponent army and over extends. Because then I have a hard choice between allowing allied troops to die off or following them and fighting in not optimal terrain/over extended from reinforcement line.
  14. War... War never changes

Yea i suspect players are often victims of our success. In my Aseri play through we conquered Onira and suddenly multiple empire factions and Khusaits are like "welcome to the jungle kido".
  15. War... War never changes

I've been playing on 1.6.0 and experienced the opposite, compared to my playthrough a while ago. In my honest opinion the war/peace now has a much better balance. I've been playing for the southern empire and been at war with at most 2 factions at a time and most of the time just 1 faction. The wars arent on/off but rather a long period of time, allowing either one faction to try and gain the upperhand. And inbetween wars there have been long periods of peace in which me and my parties gain strength, build our castles, recruit troops and trade.

I think this thread made by @mexxico can shine a little more light on the matter, questions asked in that thread about peace/war almost always gets answered.

I am playing 1.6.0 too and ever since joining a kingdom did not have a single day of peace. At best there were times when we were in war with "only" one faction instead of 2-3. I am curious which faction did you joined. Maybe there is more hippy minded faction or something :smile:. I tried 1.6 with Khusait and Aseri.

The thread you linked is very interesting. Thank you for that. Actually reading through that thread there is detailed post abotu who delcares war and it doesn't seem like any AIs are more peaceful than others (although some are more common targets for war dec)
Back
Top Bottom