Recent content by firemane

1. firemane

Speaking to Sigurd "Snake in the eye"

Argh... I seem to have completely missed out on that.

I got several hints regarding visiting Sigurd. Other leads seemed to have dried out on Frisia when I decided to stay away from the King's relative-Jarl. 

I hope I saved before leaving for Denmark. Otherwise it is going to be a very expensive mistake! Waaaaa!
  2. firemane

Speaking to Sigurd "Snake in the eye"

Just to avoid opening another topic...

I just arrived at Denmark following the hints regarding Sigurd. I tracked down old Siggie. He talks about himself, but I don't have an option to pursue any line of questioning regarding his nephew. Any ideas?
  3. firemane

Do they have an exact date for Viking Conquest?

Gab-AG. said:
    At least the developers reply, that's also why I love Taleworlds...  :grin:

Gab, he may be present, but he's not saying anything.

Like a dead man at his own funeral, simple attendance doesn't count.

I can't imagine what they expect to gain by refusing to give a straightforward and honest assessment of the project status to the people who have already thrown money at them.
  4. firemane

WB Patch v. 1.152 and Steam Updates problems...

I downloaded the version Workaholic mentioned and tried to Beta on it. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. I was experiencing constant crashes and freeze ups. I eventually returned to the Steam version and that one is running alright. Go figure.
  5. firemane

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

I downloaded and installed on the previous stable version of Warband without any incidents.
  6. firemane

-LOCKED- -- 1776 v.1.5 -- (for TESTERS only!)

My computer is currently screwed up. I will re install it from scratch and that will take me a couple days.

Profile: New character, commoner, former soldier bent on revenge starting at New Orleans

Apr 30th - Take 1

- When you choose to travel to New Orleans the second text screen you are shown still talks about Calradia and Shariz.

- Travelers are still using the original Calradian dialog when you ask them about their job.

- Spanish Standard bearer @ New Orleans castle asks me to "surrender or die" but when I refuse to surrender it doesn't start a fight. Looks like text pasted over whatever his dialog is supposed to be.

- Black screen while attempting to leave the castle through the front door. When I reach the town the screen remains black but I can hear the environmental sounds. After five alt-tabbings the video returns to normal. [A documented problem with Warband. Trying a fix]

- Video freezes or alternates between two frames (back and forth) in outdoor scenes. This happens often. More times than not solved by alt-tabbing. From time to time Crashes to Desktop (CTD)

- Recovering the game from the first savegame teleported me all the way from New Orleans to the training camp right outside New York.

- Wearing the Plain Tricorne or low black tricorne makes my beard dissapear temporarily. That could actually make you a millionaire if you manage to replicate the effect in the real universe. :smile:

- Black gloves model does not align with the character hands. You can see them clipping through.

- Starting a battle with the bandits from the intro quest (the first batch after recruiting the five soldiers) produced a CTD. Windows reports a runtime error; "Application requested runtime to end in an unusual way" [See this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,74166.0.html]

Bug or feature?:

- French uniforms are too bright. They are so white they glow.
    - Bahamanian pirate hideout near Pensacola is marked with a flag instead of the usual hideout cave-like marker. I could not detect any pirate groups partying nearby.
    - Spanish groups stuck at the beach trying to make it to San Juan (as previously reported by Emp). I noticed they lost interest after a while and moved on to other tasks. I'll look at those on the islands and see what they are doing once I get a ship.

Apr 30th - Take 2

- Colonel Tye's spontaneous dialog is triggered in the vicinity of tombeche. It still mentions Swadia and the "Elendah Forrest" (or something like that)

- I am getting the video freeze now on every battle. On 1.0 it happened from time to time only. I wonder if it has something to do with the game build. I'll try to run it using the latest version and see what happens. I had a similar problem with the Brytenwalda MOD, but it just happened once. My video card is decent enough and the drivers are up to date. [A documented problem with Warband. Trying a fix]

- I ran a couple of custom battles from the main screen and I did not experience the screen freeze at all. 50 AI's per side. Lots of musket fire.

- Got the following error on trying to initiate a battle with the looters of the initial quest (for the umpteenth time):

Script Error on (something, can't make out the word.) 2322:
    invalid id troop id:71428400 line id:19
    At dialog cond un id lga_looter_leader_1: looter_leader_2

- I am finding very few bandits around. That makes it hard to get any rep at first.

- I'm loving the music and the atmosphere as well as finding out that John Paul Jones was actually a jerk. I fired his ass from my team.

May 04

I've been doing a lot of testing back and forth to find the reason for the problems I'm having with the 3D battles. I tracked down the problems I've been having to a faulty memory module. It seems I've been working with only 2Gigs of system memory.

Version 1.0 of 1776 runs well enough, but 1.5 seems to require over 2 Gigs in order to work correctly. Native, as well as other mods I run (ex. Napoleonic, Brytenwalda), and high end games such as Arhkham Asylum and Mass Effect 3 seem to work well enough.

I'll get a new memory module on Monday and see if that solves the problem. Can you  gauge memory usage and tell me how much the MOD is using during a 3D battle?

May 08

I am running WB under Steam now. I tweaked the virtual memory and the OS memory limit per program and I installed new memory modules (which I had to do anyway). I started with a fresh character in a new city.

Back on the saddle, this time as a Continental. I noticed that the Continental officer uniform turns very reflective when you wear white gloves or some types of boots. It looks like metal. Also, some of the uniforms seem to 'lack' a female version. And the continental Marine hat doesn't fit well if you have a bulky hairstyle (Your hair shows through).

There are very few level 2 horses available. I've only found a single steppe horse in one of the six towns I've visited so far.  Most horses so far are level 3's (even the mules).

Old Crumbs and Idibil need a dialog review. They are still their old Calradian-selves. 

I like the uniforms and horses. I have all my NPC's (I mean, the three I have recruited so far) wearing matching continental uniforms.

I like the "Palisade Castles". They seem right for the time period.

I like the scalping knife shield. It is useful and looks right. Is there a Tomahawk shield?

I like the music. Love it. I wish there was more of it.

The map.... It is upside down (North and South). I like the general idea of it, but I find it way too big and the towns are too far apart. It slows down trade and the action of the game. My first impression of it was great, specially due to the fact that it included the Caribbean islands and all that. Now I wish it was smaller and wonder if the islands are going to be more trouble than they are worth in terms of functionality (stranded lords and caravans).

I still have periodic crashes and the computer seems to be struggling at some points (such as the world map). I am having fun though.

Updated on May 13 2230h
  7. firemane

<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

Alright, good to know. I'll post in the appropriate thread.

A lot of people new players are getting MB through Steam. I dropped a mention on the Steam forum (on a appropriate thread) about 1776. 
  8. firemane

<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

Hey, I just want to thank you for your hard work.

I recently decided to try 1776 and I'm loving it.

Cheers.
Back
Top Bottom