Recent content by fERN247

1. What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

I don't know if any of you have played "crusader kings II" but I guess there will be some here who have. I think it would be awesome if the NPC system in bannerlord could just be anywhere close to being as complex as it is in crusader kings. The fact that marriage and character relation control so much - from diplomacy to inheritance of fiefs - makes it so that basically every NPC - from the king down to the commoner - can be important and even dangerous. Currently it feels like none of the NPCs really matter. You just marry because its possible, you just increase relation to get better troops, you don't remember any of the other Lords and especially not of any commoner. Crusader Kings does a really good job in making you care for other NPCs because of how useful or annoying they can be in supporting or thwarting your goals. I wish a little bit of this dynamic was also present in bannerlords. Finally succeeding in your year-long intrigue against your foe by cleverly siding with your enemy's enemy. It feels so much more rewarding than having to rely solely on battle.
  2. SP - General Sort Function for Troops

This feature was already suggested several times. The most responses were here. Maybe you could also up this topic in the UI section so that it gets the attention that it deserves.
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

The Parties tab now lists the amounts of each troop type that a party currently has.
    This is great. I hope it will not be too long for the actual 'party' screen to also show this information soon. Army composition is now basically shown everywhere except where it actually matters. :neutral:
  4. SP - World Map Suggestion: Bandit Fights Dialogue

I agree with this. As the conversations are also very repetitive I would even get a step further and suggest just an 'attack by default' option that leaves out all the unneccessary talk an just goes straight to battle.
  5. SP - UI [DIPLOMACY] Screen Improvement

Looks great! I would also like to get this sort information without being part of a kingdom.
  6. SP - UI Party Screen needs to remember unit positions via a lock option

I think this would definitely be an improvement to the existing party UI. I very much appreciate the effort to get an easier overview over your party. I am aware that at this stage, the order in the party screen can be used for the purposes listed above (hideouts etc.). For these purposes the system is certainly quite useful. However, I would prefer a sorting system as described here and here.

The reason is that I see 3 main problems with the 'lock system' described in this thread:

I like to build a diverse army using troops from different cultures (e.g. battanian skirmishers with vlandian sergeants etc). While leveling I would have to lock all intermediate stages of a culture tree to retain order. Unlocking one would reclutter the entire setup once one stage drops to 0 while leveling and I would have to sort again. So overall this could make for a very long party list for those who want to build diverse armies. Scrolling through the long list is already annoying as it is now.

While at war I can not always chose which type of unit I have in my party. However, I would still like to keep my party screen easily sorted. The sorting options would give me a very easy option to get an overview over my troops. The locking system does not really help here because I only want those troops temporarily and I still have to do what is described in 1 to retain order.

In the garrison overview the 'lock system' does not help at all. Often I have to stash some of the lower level troops there after I just conquered a fief. The sorting system would also very easily help me to clear up this mess and give a very quick and good overview over the status of the garrison.

But what about the utilization of party order for hideouts?:
    This topic is already discussed in several other topics and I very much agree that it should be possible to handpick certain troops for a hideout. The reason is that different hideouts will (hopefully) demand for different strategies and different troop compositions. In this situation the 'lock system' would actually be detrimental as I would have to re-sort my entire party for every hideout. In my opinion it would be much easier for the player to simply choose some troops for each specific hideout. For this picking step a 'lock system' would actually be nice so you can save your composition for later raids. Army reinforcments could be handled in a separate small box where you could chose which type of army you want to respawn preferentially (e.g. first formation 1 then 2.. etc.; or even have respawn ratio sliders as in the custom battle)

How would I like sorting to look like:
    If custom sorting is for some reason to complicated to implement, I would also enjoy a fixed method of sorting.
    I guess the most useful system to sort would be: First by formation/class (infantry, archer etc) then by culture then by tier. This fixed sorting system would also provide the opportunity to make the corresponding groups collapsable which would tidy up the party screen quite a bit. Companions could be sorted into a separate collapsable group.

I am sorry to bring this up in a topic that deals with a completely different system. I am just worried that a 'lock system' will be implemented thereby forever burrying my hopes of a simple and efficient sorting system. To be honest I can't understand why a game that focuses so much on building an army doesn't have a halfway decent way to organize it in the first place.

Thank you to everyone for working on improving this game. I never had an experience like this where I can think of literally every part of the game as a small game itself. Opportunities with Bannerlord 2 just seem to be endless.
  7. SP - UI Sort for army showing in Party section

I also miss features like the army sorting mechanic a lot. Constantly sorting your troops manually is very tedious and really takes away much of the fun of building a powerfull and diverse army.

I guess the most useful system to sort would be: First by formation/class (infantry, archer etc) then by culture then by tier. This sorting system would also provide the opportunity to make the corresponding groups collapsable which would tidy up the party screen quite a bit. Companions could be sorted into a separate collapsable group.
  8. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [Suggestion] Organizing Troops & Companions

This is something that I would also very much like to see in the game. Right now it is very tedious to keep your army organized, especially as every new unit just gets added to the bottom. Also it would be great to be able to see how many units of which type are in the army while in the party screen and to be able to form groups/battalions.

Thank your for this suggestion and thank you for considering @ devs!
Back
Top Bottom