Recent content by fedemotta3

1. fedemotta3

A month already

You make it seem like MP is locked out of your region but in reality it's just that the ping is higher than you would like, which is a common problem for many games and peoples all over the world including folks in NA. I don't think buying any game comes with a guarantee of having low ping servers hosted in every geographical region.

That said I hope they do add servers for SA, Oceania, and everywhere else in the world that isn't able to play with 100 ping or less.

I've played on EU servers with 100 ping and the experience has been good. Landing mounted hits seems to take the biggest hit but otherwise few noticable differences.

We are not locked out of MP technically, but we are practically.
    Store says the game has online PVP, but we don't have it, practically.
    They may not be obliged to fix this problem for us, but we feel they may want to do it anyways, as we are dissatisfied with the product. So we are trying to make ourselves heard.
    If there was a group of players from NA or everywhere else who had ping problems, I would like their issue resolved too.

I can't understand why you feel the need to make it harder to us. Let the devs explain why it's not possible, or what are they working on. They already said they would try to solve this.

low ping is not "non access" though. Plenty of game with low/no server numbers for certain regions.

You can play the game. Creating dedicated servers for players hopefully comes but that you feel out of the game is not really the case. Would be nice of Talewords to allow dedicated server hosting etc. but this is hyperbole.

And arguably the player number indicate where to host the servers right now.

I know it isn't "non access", to you. It is "non access" for the people who can't play the game though. We can't play the game as intended. Having 250ms of ping makes it unplayable. It's not possible to do anything but being killed over and over. And that's why we are left out. I would really like to provide feedback about what is being asked in the forums, balancing and such, but guess what, I can't because I have no real experience of how multiplayer works. I see streams of people playing it and having an absolute blast, we are denied of this.

The number of players aren't reflective of what could be, simply because we have nowhere to play. I get what you are saying but it's a chicken egg situation. There are no players in south america so we should open no server, or, there is no SA server therefore there are no players of SA playing MP?

689114d423d958bcbf55e56cf6065ead.png

See the people who have played in the last two weeks? Very little has been played, because we are done with SP, and want MP.
    See the people who hasn't played in the last two weeks, or has it in their library and haven't even played? Thats because they are also waiting for MP
    See the people who have it in their wishlist? They are all waiting for MP to be a thing in SA.

This people I have shown here, have hundreds and hundreds of hours each, in M&B MP.
    And that's only my friends in the SA M&B community.

Again, it's not about what the devs are obliged to do or not.

It's about a honest grievance that a whole community has, that has been fan of this game as all of you are, and we are looking to be heard.

Stop saying "deal with it, you are owed nothing, stop complaining, give your hopes up". It's up to the devs. You are helping no one.
  2. fedemotta3

A month already

I get it, it doesn’t work well for you guys and that sucks, i was just trying to state that I really wouldn’t get hopes up with it’s priority level being so low to them. Maybe on release

I appreciate that you understand. Anyways, while I don't get my hopes up very much, I think that they may hear us. It wouldn't be the first time that people who offer a product listen to their costumers and "make it right" for them. Even if it's early access and they are not obligated by a "contract" or something, they may not want dissatisfied costumers and potentially losing them. That's why, we still complain.

Cheers
  3. fedemotta3

A month already

We are not asking for a flawless game with no bugs, we are not asking for a new feature. We are asking for something that is very easy and cheap to do, that every other player already has. I don't think this is unreasonable at all. And yet there is people which has nothing else to do than come here and argue with us.

Let the devs decide if we are being unreasonable. They can manage and assess if they can give this to us. Don't be party spoilers.
  4. fedemotta3

A month already

Do you understand how servers work at all?

Information can only travel so fast online. In order to have lower ping you need a physically closer server so that the server and the client machine can exchange information faster. So therefore, you must have a PHYSICAL server in South America to enable players to have low latency. When a player hosts a server themselves, their machine is acting as a reference point through which the information is exchanged, and anyone in that server is sending and receiving game-state data from that person’s machine, which is hopefully a lot closer than the dedicated servers TaleWorlds has.

That being said, allowing server hosting requires lots of software infrastructure that they likely don’t have right now. So it really isn’t as easy as flipping the big “Let players host servers” button that they’ve conveniently been ignoring until now.

Are you familiar with server rental? I know they need a server IN south america. They can have that very cheaply and easily.

Do you really belive that every game company has to visit a country, buy a building and a bunch of machines, get a ISP locally and mount the servers themselves?
  5. fedemotta3

A month already

The game isn’t out yet. It’s early access. We’re all essentially Beta testers right now. When the game is fully released, then yes you deserve to have servers available, but right now finishing the game takes priority.

Also to whoever said setting up servers should be easy, do you understand that they either need to physically go to South America to establish a server center there, or iron out a service contract with a server host down there? Both of those would be time consuming.

Well I paid to be included in the beta, and I'm out of it at the moment. You don't need to go physically to set up a server, thats absolutely bollocks. We have hosted plenty of servers ourselves.
  6. fedemotta3

A month already

Should be very easy to do, it boggles the mind why they don't.
  7. fedemotta3

South america needs servers

Never Forgetti #1
  8. fedemotta3

South America servers.

We will be looking to expand server support to more regions throughout the beta, unfortunately, I don't know right now if or when South America will be included.

Why not? come on guys, we bought your game
  9. fedemotta3

South america needs servers

Hello, could you set up a server for south america?. It's kind of incredible and annoying that we have nowhere to play multiplayer, if we want to hit something that is. I think we are not asking for much, given that we bought the game as everybody else has, but have received half the content...
  10. fedemotta3

Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Sorry, I have fixed it, you must download another dedicated server files, an updated version of them. I found them some days ago searching in the forum but I dont remember where, maybe in the support section.

Good luck.
  11. fedemotta3

Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

I tried to set up the server, and I did it, but when I try to join I get that te server version its older than mine.

Will a new .rar file with new dedicated server files uploaded?

Thanks
  12. fedemotta3

SP Musket Era [Concept]La Banda Oriental: Un mod uruguayo. [Spanish Topic]

Bremmelgod said:
    ¿El mod esta planeado para multijugador, un jugador, o los dos?

Espero que para los 2, fundamentalmente espero multiplayer.

Che y va a ser un mod sobre el native o sobre el napoleonic?
Back
Top Bottom