Recent content by Fantus

1. SP Medieval 1

Hi, did "the old world" mod change its name to "the old realms" on Moddb? I can't find the old world mod anymore in the Bannerlord section on Moddb.
  2. A tribute to Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Goodbye Mason, you will be missed
  3. Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Yep yep, I understand... no offence intended, was just trying to plan an extra long POP 3.0 weekend and I have the days off on the holidays previously mentioned.
  4. Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

4th of July then? :smile:
  5. Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

I can't wait!!! I got a vacation day reserved for playing POP 3.0! You think y'all will make it by Memorial day?
  6. Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Please take your time Fawzia,  good things come to those that wait.... :smile:
  7. setting to increase the chance of spawning of epic armies

Thanks for the fast response guys :smile:
  8. setting to increase the chance of spawning of epic armies

I have recently started two new games of Prophesy of Pendor and for some reason the amount of big armies running around in those games is much lower (2-3) than a previous game where I had at least 9-10 armies steamrolling about. Is there a setting in the Pendor files somewhere where I can...
  9. How to start this mod (updated)

I always make sure I select "Scholar at University" or whatever it is called whenever I start a new character so I can sell the book is given to you through  that selection.
    I hightail to whatever city is closest and I get a decent bow.  I also check the taverns for any horseman mercenaries.
    Then I recruit some peasants from villages and start out with simpler mobs, maybe brigands and such.
    I typically solo the brigands with my PC, being a horse archer and then use the Mercenaries as backup.
    I typically avoid the groups of Renegade noblemen like the plague since I can't solo them and keep my troops from whatever troops come with them (Huscarls and the like).
    Keeping your villagers alive is key to me, you need to level them up so they can stand a chance.
    I keep on taking all the loot and selling it until I have at least 4-7 mercenary troops and then try to track down smaller Vanskerry troops, they give good loot.
    I use the Vanskerry loot to beef up my PC and maybe whatever NPC I picked up that is cheap (Simon, Ansen, Donovan) and then get a better bow and horse. For those that can't fight very well, maybe put all your money into a charger or other horse that has high charge rate, you can just ride over the mobs of bandits and such and "soften them up" for your mercenaries.
    Eventually, get rid of the Mercenary Horsemen and such but keep the Young North Noble guys since you can turn them into Hero Adventurers eventually and then keep on levelling up your other troops so they become elites.
  10. Firearms - Call To Arms 0.999 is out.

I have been playing this mod over the weekend and I am loving it!!
    The look and feel of the weapons is great, I wonder if I can go back playing a normal horse archer!
    Thanks Diabelica!
    Did your mod get incorporated in any other mods? Do y'all know of any other mods with good fire arms implementation?
    Thanks
  11. Where is this game going?

One reason why the game might have slowed down is that Armagan and Ipek moved into new offices and recruiting new devs just after .700 was released. I think this must have taken a couple of weeks off working at least.

That is great news!! new offices and new devs, wohoooo!!!!
    Maybe they need writers too? Where do I apply? :wink:

The problem is that there is little assistance a publisher could give beyond staff & finance. Altering rendering tools or similar would entail a complete rewrite of the game code, a hefty time consuming process.

Ah! I did not know that improving the quality of the models through better rendering would require a rewrite of the code, I stand corrected.

It wouldn't be great at all. Retailers currently take around 60% of the price of a new game, the remaining 40% being split between publisher and sometimes the developer. In order to make money, the price would need to be raised to a similar price as most games released these days. Assuming the game could be sold at that price, Armagan would probably wonder why he's giving up 80% of the cash, when he could've just raised the price and pocketed 100%
    Besides, getting a publisher wouldn't be as simple as you'd think. For a start, Armagan must have some kind of deal with both esellerate (the people who handle sales) and Oreans (the people behind the copy protection). Depending on the terms of the licence, it could prevent a publisher stepping in at all

That all makes sense, I guess I indentify a game being in the store shelves as successfull but did not think about the margins involved.
    Thank you for educating me there Archonsod
  12. Where is this game going?

Also, I am not clear on the difference between a publisher and a gaming company like EB or Squaresoft or... You may be right about a pure publisher - and that MIGHT be a viable option for Armagan...

I see it such that the husband & wife team behind the game is the gaming company and that getting a publisher could help create funds which equals to more resources in improving the game.
    I think we could all agree that a major overhaul of the graphics would be cool.

Anyway, either way Is fine... I am immensely enjoying the game!!
  13. Where is this game going?

You have to get one thing strait. Armagan and his wife(the people who are makeing the game) have a life to. They arn't robots they can't spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week makeing this game. They might have kids to look after. They eat,drink,sleep E.T.C. So please just be patient and wait for updates like everyone else. He didn't even have to make the game if he doesn't want to.

That is very understandable but you are missing the point, I am not complaining about the game itself, it is great! But what if a publisher helps out, buys better rendering tools, helps with the creation of 3D models or something like that. Possibly hires a professional writer to provide background for the nations mentioned in the game? Both Armagan and his wife would be able to focus on the more important parts of the game (game play imho) and possibly their roles would change from lead programmer to team lead.

It is highly unlikely that any publisher would take this on and leave Armagan and Ipek completely in charge still.

However, that said, once the game is a lot closer to release - then it would be a good time to spend some serious effort on promoting it - but through on-line mechanisms would be best - IMHO

We can create some banner ad code and other stuff and start spreading the word, but it does not make that much sense start a heavy effort to do this until it is a lot closer to final release.

Lately with more and more Eastern European game developers making games that make it to the American market, the publisher gets rights for publishing the game in a certain area of the world and then the developers gets additional funding.
    This does not automatically means that the developers lose their creative say so in their game.

I really don't understand the "Leave it alone, if they get a publisher the game might be ruined" attitude that all of you seem to have.
    If, with help, the game would make it mainstream (Best buy or Wall mart shelves) would that not be great for Armagan and family?
    That would also increase the chances of Mount & Blade 2 kicking total ass!
  14. M&B - Praise and development questions :)

I agree totally with DKmafia there, additional funding would certainly help.... possibly they are already negotiating something?
  15. Where is this game going?

I bought the game this weekend and I am enjoying it immensly.
    It's great, I especially love charging through a horde of bandits killing them left and right with my bow.

I think Jarskull is right about the marketing, the game and it's development would benefit from a more proffesional web presence and from better marketing. I "found" the game through a fellow member of the Evilavatar forums and I was very glad that I did, but it should be more in the limelight then it is right now.

The debate is not whether the game is worth the 14 bucks, the debate is how much the game could benefit from better exposure.
    If some kind of publisher would be interested in marketing the game and leaves the developer free with the direction of the game (some publishers allow this) it's potential could be doubled!!

In addition to that, because I love this game so much, I would like to donate some money to it's development. Is this possible? or should I just buy copies for everyone in the family?
Back
Top Bottom