Recent content by fang44123

1. fang44123

Will devs plan on adding feast back into the game?

As is currently the game is missing
    >Hideout system
    >Boats/boat customization
    >in depth siege mechanics
    >Neutral locations with mini-games/quests/events
    >Reputation/honor mechanic
    >Ability to trade/recruit bandits when at low honor
    >special armor/weapons available at high renown
    >upgradable equipment
    >A working shield wall and non-buggy, effective formations
    >Companion personalities
    >Different recruitment/leveling methods
    >feasts
    >Actual courting with poems and lady personalities
    all of which was present in Viking Conquest, a paid DLC. Its missing even more **** if you include unofficial stuff from mods. Its kind of sad how hard TW dropped the ball. I think mods could eventually add much of that in, but it really should have been on TW to add these things in from the beginning. The dumbing down of the game in favor of multiplayer and console audiences hurts my soul
  2. fang44123

Why is the battle AI so poor in comparison to Warband?

It really depends on what enemy you fight, how many and their quality. Also, are you fighting with just your party or in an army? If you expect 200 elite troops to roll over every enemy you meet your gonna be disappointed. In my current play through I have gotten taken out of the battle quite early and still manage to win with minimal losses. I am fighting with an army of about 500 or more so the losses are spread out. However, I would not trust the simulator to win in a close match: every thing being equal, even troop numbers and quality.

If you fight an army in parity to yours in terms of quality and numbers you are likely to get rolled if you die, not even inflicting a 10% casualty rate if you go down early on in the battle. Even fighting higher numbers of low grade troops poses an issue and a likely loss if you go down.
    If you pull ahead in kills in both scenarios before dying and then fall, you are likely to lose unless you are using a mod like RTS Camera or some such to fix the awful commands post death or body hop to stop them from making dumb decisions.
    Also, I ve been playing a lot lately and started wondering exactly how much influence my presence in the battle really makes a difference
    As the PC you can have a massive influence in battles. You can pretty much single handedly take down 10-20% of the enemies forces by yourself and be the single most effective unit on the field if you are good enough. Even if you aren't and like playing cavalry, you can decimate or distract a single portion of the enemies army while your troops deal with their infantry line and push them back to spawn, which is invaluable in larger battles.
    Oh I don't deny that bannerlord ai is terrible, I have seen the same thing. Winning by 2 to 1 margin, I go down and then all the dying units are mine.
    It is not a fun time. Playing aggressively or as a foot soldier is difficult as death means an instant loss no matter how hard you carry or how good you do.
  3. fang44123

I feel like you have some rose colored glasses regarding warband, there was zero battle ai in that game all they did was charge.
    I had quite a few times where they would set up on a hill and rather annoyingly pepper my retinue with arrows and try to pull back when I got close to them. Other times they would just flat out charged as would your infantry if you were using a mod that used a battle cam system. The thing is though, the AI was still functional. Was it bare bones? Yes, but it worked well enough and didn't break the immersion or frustrate you due to HORRIBLE friendly AI.
    If you want to see something frustrating hop in Bannerlord, get a retinue of 200 elite troops, die and watch how fast they fall even if they manage to pull ahead of the enemies in kills before you do so. I have used mods like "Warbandlord" to make elite unites worth a damn by overhauling the rather **** armor system and rebalancing health values closer to vanilla Warband. You will lose dozens of troops within a minute of going down, even if they don't route. No idea why, they just...die. It is kind of absurd.
  4. fang44123

Yeah, WB's AI was not 'better' than BL's. It was more simplistic so it worked more or less and the player can maneuver around that difficulty. BL is trying to do too much in the background but not finishing it well enough so you get these absurd gaps in their AI. I mean, sieges are still absolutely a crapshoot what the enemy will do: walk past you, stuck at the gate, stuck at top of ladder, stuck going from gate to ladder, can't figure out if the gates are open, can barely use siege ladders, struggle to load a catapult, OOB setups are a ****ing task, etc...Not to mention the more basic issues like collision/stuck/gap issues in probably 25% of the scenes
    I was playing 1.1.4 recently and noticed some of the castles in Stugian and Battanian land caused ALL of my infantry to bunch up into a single corner whilst attacking. No idea why and I was still able to win, but it was ****ing absurd. I also noticed that the game has TONS of invisible walls during siege battles, and in really weird places, like small cliffs you should be able to jump down, or ontop of items you should be able to jump on. ****s just weird. I also noticed the patch has caused lots of overworld crashing for zero reason, even when not modded. Zero idea why.
    I would much rather TW have a simplistic, functioning AI in both battles and on the overworld map. As it stands, both are worse than the previous entries and the overall gameplay is significantly worse than what was present in VC.
  5. fang44123

Lets not get confused here and and act like Warband AI was stellar, it definitely had its flaws too. Pikemen and spearmen rarely used their weapons properly and all the AI did was camp if they were outnumbered and charge if they werent. I dont think it, WB AI, is quite as sophisticated as OP makes it out to be. Id say they are both flawed to a certain extent, Bannerlord gets some things right but fails in other respects.
    Warband AI was ****ing rather poor when you had too many troops on the field, but they had enough sense to at least charge you down. Bannerlord AI will continuously shuffle back and forth in front of an archer formation while constantly raising and lowering their shields, charge them when they have lost half their men, only to do a 180 and run to chase cavalry or regroup with the reinforcements coming from the edge of the map. Its just piss poor design and lack of testing. Its been an issue since the game released.
  6. fang44123

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be another misguided attempt at "balancing the game" and "preventing player snowballing". For some unfathomable reason TaleWorlds seems to think that less player control and horrendous AI -> more losses on player's side -> longer, more grindy game -> better game.
    I actually think that's what it is, because the enemy battle AI isn't anywhere near as bad as it is for friendlies. Even with the RTS battle mod installed units are incapable of staying in formation or committing to a proper charge. I am playing as Sturgia right now and can't win any battles because my allies formations break into pieces when cavalry gets involved because they all try to chase them down.
  7. fang44123

Bannerlord not only butchered the combat system with changes to collision, formations and damage but also ruined the battle AI. The amount of times I have watched formations under AI control sit 30 feet from the enemies archers and get sniped to death because they constantly raise/lower their...
  8. fang44123

Please fix the armor formula. The current protection it offers is next to worthless

I don't think this was a **** up, instead I think this intentional. They want battles to be over quickly so how to do that? The more damage that gets through the faster people die, add in that the ai has no survivabilty built in because they hardly block, and people die quickly. Then it's on to the next battle for more killings. Bannerlord is the CoD of the M&B series fast action trying to continually feed the adrenaline rush but when it's all said and done there's nothing of any real substance to the game.
    I can see that, but I don't understand why. It has a litany of drawbacks and pretty heavily alienates the veteran players from Warband. Id argue it would even turn off newer players due to the fact that high tier armor, despite slowing you down and being cost prohibitive, does basically nothing. Most of the high tier armors aside from a handful also look like total **** in comparison to what we had in Warband (Looking at you, Vlandia).
    I also don't understand the need for the change in the formation system, as it seems to be a direct downgrade from what we saw in Viking Conquest, by miles I might add. It had its issues, but as is currently the formations don't really do much, aside from making the AI dumber, as they no longer automatically block incoming missile fire, and will often drop their shields temporarily when receiving a hit.
  9. fang44123

Please fix the armor formula. The current protection it offers is next to worthless

I know TW is extremely incompetent's, but as to how they managed to **** the system up this badly is beyond me. One of the most highly downloaded gameplay mods fixes your terrible armor system, and another brings the stats back down to Warband levels, making veteran units actually useful. How...
  10. fang44123

id str_troop_type_name doesnt exist!

So I made a few edits to the Battanian troop tree, adding their newer armors onto their troops, changing their names, and making their skirmisher line into archers. While I was doing that last bit I slipped up and put "Archer" in the default group instead of "Ranged", which gave me the error...
Back
Top Bottom