Recent content by Faithkiller21

1. SWORD OF D - COMPLETE TROOP OVERHAUL + 400 items added (50% complete)

errrr my computer broke so i need a few weeks to sally up the cash...looks nice tho
  2. SWORD OF D - COMPLETE TROOP OVERHAUL + 400 items added (50% complete)

Cyclohexane said:
    I got no problem with you putting my zerk and manhunters in with the all of your stuff (as long as they stay the same).  I just re-textured some new manhunter shields, I did not like the way the nordic shields looked on these units and since they have thier own faction, they needed thier own shields.  I'll add a few more screen shots shortly.  I am 100% done with manhunters and zerks.  I've easily spent 80+ hours doing this because of the learning curve (teaching myself) but I even learned how to optimize the textures for in-game performance (the type compression you use can increase or decrease framerates). 

I am waiting for VM to send me the most recent .py files (version 4.1 final???) and then I will complie everything I added.  I have added about 180 new items all organized in 4 .brf files.  Many of these are ones I created but there are a lot of OSP items.  Therefore, we probably have a few of the same items so we will need to make sure there are no double entires (M&B will not load in if there are 2 of the same items in a .brf file so it is an easy fix).  I have also tested each item on the units to make sure everything is working. 

I think the best way to handle it is if you wait for me to learn how to complie.  Right now, I have just been adding everything using the troop and item editor but to do it right (so it can easily be included in future versions of SOD), we need to add them to the .py files and then complie.  Once I get everything in, I can send the working version to you for you to add in the items the same.  Then we can start play testing to ensure the new items are balanced.  For all of the new armors, weapos, horses, shields, etc. I added, I copied a similiar item stats.  I am certain that most of my chages are just cosmetic, they will not make one civ way overpowered than another.  I think this is very important. 

One of the things I like is the uniqueness of each civ.  For example, the Villanese have hoods, the Zerks (now) have masks, nords have thier helmets, imperials have spangle helms, etc.  Lets work to make each civ unique but similar at the same time.  I love to turn off the unit names when I play...

Anyhow, great work and if there is something I can help with, shoot me a PM.  I am getting good at texturing new items and if you are missing something for a set, give me an idea what your working on and I can place it somewhere for you to download (or email to you).  I love those javelins on the Anterians!

I just thought of something, this is going to be a huge download!  After I place all my items in a .rar file, it adds about 50MB.

Please talk to me on msn..... [email protected]
  3. SWORD OF D - COMPLETE TROOP OVERHAUL + 400 items added (50% complete)

HIDY HOe EVERYBODY Ive done this massive overhaul of Sword of the big D ive added over....i haven't counted it yet....but its alot, and ive reworked Antares and rhodoks completely. Im moving on to marrian next in a few days and I think someone out there has done Aderian already ive just got to...
  4. [Varriant] SOD Item and Troop OVERHAUL (Updated pics inside) 26th june

Cyclohexane said:
    Faithkiller21 said:
    3 am so forgive my spelling...

I wanted to fix SoD crappy troop armors and player items. As well as bandit and troop divesity. Im hoping and aiming to creating something like lord and realms, where you have bandit lords then the men as well as a few armored miltia in fiefs. Tell me what you guys think?

I've been working on this already and added a ton of OSP items and items from other mods I got permission for (ROK & ERC).  The Zerk are 100% complete and I'm working on adding some other things to.  Some of the items you added I have already taken care (made .brf file and items file with re-named items in .brf).  It is all very organized and I have over 160 new items already.  While many of the items exsit, I have not put them on any other unit except manhunters and the zerks.  I plan to post some screenshots but like I said, there are over 160 new items (many are unique that I re-textured) so I'd hate to see you waste time or make it overly complex removing duplicates.  I've been putting everything in a spreadsheet to avoid that potential issue and moving items from one place to the other. 

The Zerks will be unique in that all thier uniques have a chance to spawn a mask (or similar helmet) and 1 -2 different similar armors (no clones) as well as similar weapons. 

I plan to import all of this into the .py files but it is going to take some time for me to get to that point. 

I'f your willing to work with me, let me know your designs for units, post your screens, and then when I enter it all into the .py files, it will stay organized and it will be easy to work afterwards.

Im plainning on doing the Nords/the antares, antrarians, and the rhodok.

Im planing on doing forest bandits sea raiders.

Tell me if this is alright with you?

Plx contact me on MSN [email protected]

or email [email protected]
  5. [Varriant] SOD Item and Troop OVERHAUL (Updated pics inside) 26th june

Tekvorian said:
    Sorry, but I think all the helmets are very ugly. The 3 plate armor are nice though.

Yea..its hard to find a good helmet these days
  6. [Varriant] SOD Item and Troop OVERHAUL (Updated pics inside) 26th june

updated with current Antares troops.... will add palidin and honor guard later
  7. [Varriant] SOD Item and Troop OVERHAUL (Updated pics inside) 26th june

Im thinking of getting rid of the "fantasy type" helms and armor all together. Unless you think a a fantasy like faction would work ?

aka: chaos guard or sumthing or Demonic armry
  8. [Varriant] SOD Item and Troop OVERHAUL (Updated pics inside) 26th june

3 am so forgive my spelling... I wanted to fix SoD crappy troop armors and player items. As well as bandit and troop divesity. Im hoping and aiming to creating something like lord and realms, where you have bandit lords then the men as well as a few armored miltia in fiefs. Tell me what you...
  9. [In contruction][Variant] SoD - Oblivion

Thxsihavenospacebaratmbutimworkinghardandwhenigetanewkeyboardillmakefutherprogresslawl...
  10. SP Native Prophecy of the Black Heart [Dead, see last post]

His kingdom turned into a fail, making people go at war against him

LAWL
  11. [In contruction][Variant] SoD - Oblivion

omfg theres a source code...

"facepalm"

Thxs btw...hidden among the Echelons apon echelons of patchnotes
  12. [In contruction][Variant] SoD - Oblivion

Tekvorian said:
    Such a mod exists already where you can control and play undead. What is the point to do it again?
    Unless you want the management features of SOD of course.

Hit the nail on the head ^^
  13. [In contruction][Variant] SoD - Oblivion

Ive started creating a Slightly fantasy Sod Using lots of the Armors and wepons from 2nd favorite mod "lord and realms" Aims: Fight and control undead armies Change the Native factions troops armors in terms of armor and Battle style A much needed overhaul of of all the items and weapons with...
  14. The Great and Powerful Original Thread

vadermath said:
    Bugger off, will you? If the man doesn't want to add kingdom management, he ****ing won't. And no "plz" will change that. I will download the mod tomorrow, since I'm going to sleep, but this looks promising.

I was only playing around you troll..pfftt

Like i have any control over what he does...  (hides puppet strings)
  15. The Great and Powerful Original Thread

you need to add kindom management!! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

Pretty ppplzzzz
Back
Top Bottom