Recent content by EvilWeezel

1. Cultivation, lack thereof.

Warband features should all be in bannerlord, even if they weren't perfect or that great, but that is where bannerlord should come in and either further develop these existing features or even improve them. Then add some new bannerlord features.

Ik that they have been adding small elements from warband, but they're either a simpler version or changed it completely, that doesn't make sense. I mean for example feasts! Yes we've all been writing in these forums about it, but that was one of the features in warband that could be further developed bannerlord!
    I never played Warband....but this feels like what every member of the ghost recon community said about Wildlands ----> Breakpoint. Its odd how downgrades are so apparent in these franchises.
  2. Cultivation, lack thereof.

I am just now noticing that I have 0 relation with all of my companions...with the exception of my wife whom I have 2 with. Can't lie, wont lie...that seems like it should be baked in...I mean surely after countless battles a bond would be formed right? As someone who never played warband, and only started bannerlord a bit over a month ago...correct me if I am wrong but it seems the only way to boost relation with them is to make them a governor and then kill bandits/hideouts in their area. That is something that needs to be addressed, or if I am wrong I appreciate any clarification.

Also, this is really at the heart of the matter....
    The game plays itself and you are more like a spectator. You can participate in anything the game does, but you can't change that or influence this somehow.
  3. Cultivation, lack thereof.

Nailed it. I have about 230 hours, not much compared to many. I started my second play-through just a couple days ago, and suddenly last night I started to feel "whats the point?" Stay bored with looter and bandit battles before joining a kingdom, or join a kingdom and suffer through the awful AI decisions, get a castle or city and then constantly defend it until the kingdom makes peace. In about 30 mins of play my first castle changed hands 4 times. As a new character I'm around 70 troops hopelessly left to abandon a siege of 1200 plus, and hope my AI armies choose to back me up. They don't...they just went to a new target, lost... and got 6 lords captured.

Progress is kind of an illusion in this game. And consider how easily you can screw something up or get yourself into a situation where you are stuck (i.e. being given a fief that is on the brink of revolt, starving, and no prosperity). On my first character, being king really didn't change the game at all for me except giving me final say, only to have my decision to make peace for example, pretty quickly undone. Enhancing the army strategy feature a bit may help. As king the player should have a bit more agency in deciding where armies focus their efforts, because currently they are nothing short of idiotic. The first army I joined after joining a kingdom lost a battle we highly outnumbered the enemy simply due to really bad tactics. No archers on high ground, cav just sitting still under a rain of arrows, and infantry standing downhill from enemy archers making their shield wall highly ineffective. It's just very frustrating at times. Especially when the only hope I have to retain a castle is to dump most of the troops into a garrison just for a prayer of keeping it. Then the boring routine of making the rounds to recruit more, in which time the inevitable siege will come. Kind of made me want to abandon my new character for the original one with 400+ troops, at least able to defend my own land, even if that play-through feels its done with a little over 50% of lands conquered. Despite high relations with lords, and many attempts not one has joined my faction leaving my nation unable to properly govern or defend new lands. And constant war on 3 fronts begins to feel like a stalemate of give and take.

Everything in the OP was very well stated. And it caused me to really in an instant go from "man I love this game" to "what is the point?" I could always just make my own custom battles if I wanted endless combat under interesting conditions, leaving me to agree that the non-combat aspects of the game are incredibly lacking and in some cases non-consequential.
  4. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how it is?

Alright appreciate the info...as far as lords go I have had little luck recruiting them. The ones I have positive relation with are generally in an army and wont talk, or they just hate my guts....and rightfully so. I did execute their friends and family in many cases.

I didn't know you could limit garrison wages. I got sick of my brother and sister getting taken prisoner all the time so I stopped paying for their parties and just either make them governors or keep them with me for now. That will be a big help. I'll try a combination of the suggestions you two have given me and hopefully can make a turn around somehow. Otherwise I'll just start a new character and learn from my mistakes on this one. I really appreciate the quick and helpful responses.

Edit/Add: well i just learned where the garrison wage bar is and that is helping greatly.
  5. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how it is?

I am around 150 hours into my second play-through. My first one was about 30 hours and I got too ambitious, made everyone hate me, and was too small to face the then bugged conspiracy war party quest. I am King of the Southern Empire with a party of around 340 troops. With the max number of...
Back
Top Bottom